5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    What? My team had 3 people left, me included, the enemy team had four people left, we lost big time.

The disconnection happened right after the second point, they had about 2 minutes left and managed to kill the three of us and cap fairly quickly, so we had twice their time to try and push the pay-load towards the first point. We made it to about the first choke, but couldn't do much from there since they had one person more than us.
    Yeah I got that, this is what I'm saying that 3v4 is tough to win, your point is legit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's solo que on console. Nobody does voice chat and the people who do have their Mic on with background noises like dogs or screaming baby's and people like to run in and try to be a solo hero
    I feel sorry for your such experience having such idiot team mates. But honestly, your comment gave me a wild laugh, background noises like dogs and screaming babies, hahaha
    - says Ralph

PharMercy got shadowbuffed so much I actually think it's an issue at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    the new limited 1v1 and lockout 3v3 are so much more fun.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Whole game has sucked today, daytime people are the absolute worst. Weekend or not, they're just awful. Lost 150SR again, not sure I care anymore, every match is same issues; not shooting healers, charging up Zarya with Junk bombs, ignoring Pharah/Tracer/Genji. And every time you multikill some ults, Mercy reses either because she was ignored, or you took her out first and she had time to run back; so basically you have to get her in the group kill or it's pointless. This is what elo hell is, there might be a net steady climb from my SR gains/rewards, but fucking hell, getting the wins to actually make it move is painful.

Also this happened: http://plays.tv/video/59236c2b06b6e0...through-shield Basically, Hooked through my shield, I think because of the activation delay on the shield, and similar delay on the Hook, the Hook was allowed to go through. Really annoying.
    Hook hit between you shooting the shield toward the ground and it hitting the ground.

I had a match long ago where I came behind a widow and shot her once at mid range once as my hook was on cooldown still, she goes to grapple away and I throw my hook after she takes off, she completes her grapple up onto some containers and then the hook pulled her back to me but it was some crazy looking shit because she didn't return in a straight line but rather flew in horizontal and vertical planes of every surface she had to cross. Widow called it a bullshit hook with a hack and I was like, nope just some wonky coding.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

37 games. Lost like 500 sr and i stopped caring. 15 of the matches phara/mercy combo. 9 games ppl left. Ppl insta locking hanzo/genji or bastion and never care to switch.

There is absolutely no point than playing only quick play just for the fuck of it. Ranked is in the worse state i can remember the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Worse again since my last post.

The holy trinity of Hanzo WM and Genjis instant lock in happens. Every. Single. Fucking. Comp.
    This has become quite a problem, actually. It was bad enough before, but popular streamers with no thoughts for the health of the game keep recommending ppl one trick high skillcap champs, and the results are predictably horrendous. As much as it goes against the core philosophy of the came, I'm starting to think OW needs a pick/ban system just to keep these cancer combos from forming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This has become quite a problem, actually. It was bad enough before, but popular streamers with no thoughts for the health of the game keep recommending ppl one trick high skillcap champs, and the results are predictably horrendous. As much as it goes against the core philosophy of the came, I'm starting to think OW needs a pick/ban system just to keep these cancer combos from forming.
    I don't think they recommend it, so much as pick a thing to make them 'unique' and stand out. They're not in it for the health of the game, so much as their own revenue stream. Is why professional gamers tend to be terrible in respect to asking for advice about design and balance - their livelihood is a very strong vested interest when it comes to biases.

I really don't understand why when people lose a game they have to tell everyone, "I know I was doing my job because I got gold damage." As if medals mean jack shit in this game. The only thing that matters is if you gel'd with your team enough to win. I could wipe my ass on the infinite amount of gold medals absolutely -everyone- wins in this game.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The issue would easily be resolved if only one sniper was permitted per match in both competitive and quick play. Ana should be classed as an exception, but there's very rarely a need for both a Hanzo and a Widowmaker in a team if the intention is to actually succeed.

Custom games and no limits mode exists for those who really, really want to run with multiple snipers. As it stands, I feel like most of the games I lose aren't actually due to playing badly but due to my team essentially being 4 vs 6 thanks to the horrid double sniper approach that is alarmingly common.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I hate double snipers as much as anyone but I don't think the game should force people to pick ideal comps (or force them to avoid bad ones). There are picks significantly more stupid than double sniper so I don't see why the game should block just that specific combination out of the many possible goofy ones. Especially in Quick Play, where people may be queuing in order to learn how to play a hero.

At some point, you have to give people agency to make their own decisions (both good and bad). If they roll a stupid comp, they will have to figure out how to make it work or take a loss.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    At some point, you have to give people agency to make their own decisions (both good and bad). If they roll a stupid comp, they will have to figure out how to make it work or take a loss.
    I totally get what you're saying, but the *only* problem with this is that
    THEIR mistakes cost the rest of the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Yes, but that is the case with any stupid comps/picks. Double sniper isn't really special in that regard.

Everything in a team oriented game affects your teammates. It's just a necessary evil of that system. You can't start taking away people's ability to make strategic decisions in the game just because those decisions impact other people. There might be special circumstances that warrant exceptions, but like I said, I really think there are other comp decisions that are much, much more dumb than double sniper.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opponents can make the same mistakes. Individual matches don't matter. Do the best with what you have. SR is personal unless you're playing full time with a premade. You will lose matches. No one has a 100% win rate.

Deleted
    Finally played my placements. Went 6W/4L, got placed at 3372, so not bad, more or less what I expected as I decayed at the end of last season from 3600 to 3400.
    4 more days to get back to Masters? Might be possible, but might aswell switch from EU to NA for the games. Fortunately there are some streamers in both EU and NA to watch in the hours I play to see how the games are going.

In terms of onetricking... I'm a terrible DPS, I can maybe play Pharah, but I'm no Valkia, so I stick to basically 3 characters in comp I play well - Lucio, Reinhardt and Zarya. Basically one-tricking Lucio unless there's no option to play him. But yeah, my aim is too potato for hitscan characters, I feel way more comfortable with projectiles/beams.

Deleted
    Well yea, that's what a team is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but that is the case with any stupid comps/picks. Double sniper isn't really special in that regard.

Everything in a team oriented game affects your teammates. It's just a necessary evil of that system. You can't start taking away people's ability to make strategic decisions in the game just because those decisions impact other people. There might be special circumstances that warrant exceptions, but like I said, I really think there are other comp decisions that are much, much more dumb than double sniper.
    Exactly this. Junkrats continuing to stick to Junkrat who, while between being flattened by Pharah or picked off by the other team's snipers, are doing their best to keep Zarya at full charge are a nuisance. Meis who are careless with their walls protecting enemies and trapping team mates to get killed are actively worse than useless. DPS pairings of any combination of Tracer, Genji, Junkrat, Mei, Torbjorn, Reaper, when the other side have a Pharah or any of those minus Reaper when they are running 3 tanks.

There are so many ways your DPS can have made a bad pairing beyond just 2 snipers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was such a bad man today.

Being Roadhoag on Lijiang Tower I had the same opponent hooked off the ledge like 5 times in one round. Poor guy thought I was picking on him, but he was always making the set up so easy xD

We had a laugh about it in chat though
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm probably just going to quit the game now after playing competitive. Nobody seem to care about winning, when you say they're playing a hero wrong and that the team is losing because of them you only get a fucking nerd, I play for fun thrown at you. So many zaryas who are using the shield when there's no fighting going on and then doesn't have it for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm probably just going to quit the game now after playing competitive. Nobody seem to care about winning, when you say they're playing a hero wrong and that the team is losing because of them you only get a fucking nerd, I play for fun thrown at you. So many zaryas who are using the shield when there's no fighting going on and then doesn't have it for a fight.
    Should be some kind of filter that bans players or drops them in another queue if they say that sort of stuff too much.

It's even worse at Masters/GM because people feel they've plateaued so they don't even bother.

I mean, I hate double snipers as much as anyone but I don't think the game should force people to pick ideal comps (or force them to avoid bad ones). There are picks significantly more stupid than double sniper so I don't see why the game should block just that specific combination out of the many possible goofy ones. Especially in Quick Play, where people may be queuing in order to learn how to play a hero.

I agree in theory, but in practice it makes for a very frustrating solo queue experience. I still think a ban system is a perfectly reasonable solution, even if it's only two bans per team. The thought of a ranked game with widow hanzo and genji all gone makes me pretty damn happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.