First game of the day, a 34 min adventure in the mines!
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-05-24 at 07:55 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Guys, we've been over this before...

Do. Not. Pick. Monstrosity. As. Abathur.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Guys, we've been over this before...

Do. Not. Pick. Monstrosity. As. Abathur.
    As Zack De La Rocha once stated - FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

*moshes*

But seriously, Monstrosity is excellent on maps like Sky Temple or Infernal Shrines - while the enemy team is clumped on one side of the map over a LENGTHY objective, you dump Monstrosity on the other side. It then forces someone to back off and take care of it (making a 4.5v4 teamfight) or it'll just eat buildings. Your team's job there is to expect to lose the objective if the enemy stays as 5, but to harass and delay for so long that your Monstrosity impact outweighs the lost objective.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    As Zack De La Rocha once stated - FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

*moshes*

But seriously, Monstrosity is excellent on maps like Sky Temple or Infernal Shrines - while the enemy team is clumped on one side of the map over a LENGTHY objective, you dump Monstrosity on the other side. It then forces someone to back off and take care of it (making a 4.5v4 teamfight) or it'll just eat buildings. Your team's job there is to expect to lose the objective if the enemy stays as 5, but to harass and delay for so long that your Monstrosity impact outweighs the lost objective.
    I have no won a single HL game with a Monstrosity Abathur on my team. And there has been plenty since 2.0 dropped and people got him in the bundle. I lose every single one. Period. It brings NOTHING to a teamfight, unless he babysits it 24/7. And doing that means he's doing nothing else. 20 seconds of a copy of another hero, with 20% increased hero damage, is superior in every single way once you're out of Silver.

Worst part? Latest one was a former Diamond 3 player. He sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my second game in a row with someone playing their last placement match for their first HL venture ever. One went 5-5, the other went 4-6. Both got placed in Plat 3. The latter had played the game for a full total of 2 weeks. I am sick of Blizzard's inaction when it comes to the ranked gamemodes. If you want decent games, you can only go into TL as 5, and then you should only do so if your entire team are Diamond+ players. Otherwise you will get sodomized by the matchmaker by putting you against players way above your skill level.

I have no won a single HL game with a Monstrosity Abathur on my team. And there has been plenty since 2.0 dropped and people got him in the bundle. I lose every single one. Period. It brings NOTHING to a teamfight, unless he babysits it 24/7. And doing that means he's doing nothing else. 20 seconds of a copy of another hero, with 20% increased hero damage, is superior in every single way once you're out of Silver.

Worst part? Latest one was a former Diamond 3 player. He sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my second game in a row with someone playing their last placement match for their first HL venture ever. One went 5-5, the other went 4-6. Both got placed in Plat 3. The latter had played the game for a full total of 2 weeks. I am sick of Blizzard's inaction when it comes to the ranked gamemodes. If you want decent games, you can only go into TL as 5, and then you should only do so if your entire team are Diamond+ players. Otherwise you will get sodomized by the matchmaker by putting you against players way above your skill level.
    As a high Grand Master player and Abathur main I have to disagree with you on the monstrosity. As Aba the best build at the moment is hat build, so you drop your monstrosity in the empty lane and then help your team on an objective. Only when the team is safe and your monstrosity is in danger you can drop for a few seconds and reposition him. This way your team is always with 5 people (Aba's hat is in power almost equal to an other player especially if you have a strong squishy that you can empower) and you have more xp incoming than the enemy team. The copy is nice, but not more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    so you drop your monstrosity in the empty lane and then help your team on an objective.
    You're helping your team. The players in Platinum aren't. They drop the damn thing off somewhere and then they forget about the rest of the team until it's dead. I have lost every single game with a Monstrosity Abathur on my side. I've played him myself a couple of times with copy recently, I've won every game with that. You're above Diamond 2 which means most people should have a clue. Mid-Platinum literally is the new Bronze. People who have never played before are dropped off there in droves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genji is my bae.

http://imgur.com/a/ZidbI

Special thanks go to Uther shielding me whenever I used Dragonblade. You always had my back!

I am the lucid dream

man what a frustrating long ass game to win.

EVERY team fight started with morales putting her ult on the butcher rather than my zuljin. Butcher would then charge into the enemy right away and instantly die. this happened 14 times. FOURTEEN TIMES. in a row! They weren't even grouped. Meanwhile she kept healing me (i am a zuljin) constantly keeping me at 100% no matter what and draining her mana/ignoring everyone else who needed healing.

There were no tanks and they had a stealthy who would blow up moralas after that (and would then die thxto us) so it was up to me, li ming and abathur to mop up the rest. which we did. somehow. They got all our forts but we managed to push through one lane all the way to the end.

You're helping your team. The players in Platinum aren't. They drop the damn thing off somewhere and then they forget about the rest of the team until it's dead. I have lost every single game with a Monstrosity Abathur on my side. I've played him myself a couple of times with copy recently, I've won every game with that. You're above Diamond 2 which means most people should have a clue. Mid-Platinum literally is the new Bronze. People who have never played before are dropped off there in droves.
    So ranting about how trash an ability is when your examples are bad players being bad.

The bold is the reason, not the character or build.

15+ Year Old Account
    My team was yelling at me for being in lane instead of coming to teamfight at tributes. Twice. They went to fight, and died, and bitched me out for not being there. Twice.

Because we were FIVE LEVELS BEHIND.

FIVE.

And they were trying to TEAMFIGHT.

How can people be so god damn stupid?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Two brawls lost... First because two afkers in team. Second because of stupid team setup. How i can fight against x2 Li-Ming, Chromie, Gul'Dan and Medivh? ;/
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-05-26 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Two brawls lost... First because two afkers in team. Second because of stupid team setpud. How i can fight against x2 Li-Ming, Chromie, Gul'Dan and Medivh? ;/
    Ever since the change from gold to lootboxes - i stopped doing them.

I am the lucid dream

Man don't you absolutely hate it when you have a big lead and one jerk in your team decides this means he can do whatever?

One murky decided he could skip on the temples and capture the bottom two siege camps instead. This got the rest of us killed because of the enemy comp and they got TWO full temples which beamed our forts to shit.

he managed to take his siege camps and cast his ult on the core...for a whopping 10% of the core's SHIELD. They came back killed him and the camps. We lost with them having 1% health on their core later in the game. the temple we got beamed it to 1% but ran out of shots. THey managed to capture a boss at the same time which galloped its way to our weakened core and beat it down before i could reach their core as butcher.

so yeah. 1% core loss with us in the lead. Thanks to a murky getting overzealous and handing our huge lead away by ignoring the objective for a strategy that did jack and shit.

People really need to learn to prioritize in this game. I see peopel choosing mobs over team fights, even during objectives. Going to camps which are obviously going to instantly die after being captured when forts need defending anyway. Tanks and dps capable of peeling running away from healers in trouble instead of helping them then rushing back when they die to suicide themselves because the rest of the enemy caught up.

Just had a tracer in my game, who was hovering tank and last minute swapped so we were left without frontline. He proceeded to flame our healer all game, whilst diving the team and calling us all "shitters" hahaha
    I am the lucid dream

Yup, lost. The 2nd last fight my stupid team engaged 4v5 after I ran out of mana trying to carry them and went back to regen. Of course they engaged, some died and we got pushed to our keeps before I could get back, so we lost them all. Again I managed to push the enemy team away from simply ending the game, and again I ran out of mana. The idiots respawned and rushed mid, again engaging 4v5 and getting wiped this time. Afterwards the Valla with 1/3 of my dps goes "Ming so slow, GG". This is the story of half of my rankeds. I got really fed up recently and tried playing QM more.

So, today I've played a few QMs, mostly had inbalanced teams, but this is expected from QM. Nothing really gamebreaking aside of 1 game, when I was up against 2 tanks with myself being the only tank in my team as Alarak (yes, that was sarcastic). That was still just a foreshadowing of what was about to come in my last game of the day. I decided to go Zeratul for fun, because really, how bad can the teams be? Well, the matchmaking decided to prove to me exactly how bad they can be. My team had myself, GM, Chromie, Medivh and Tyrael. Not so bad for QM in general, sure. Except the enemy team had D.va, Zarya, Stitches, Medivh and Gazlowe... I knew I've wasted 20 minutes of my life even before the game loaded.

I'm honestly getting so fed up at this point, and I'm not even going to hide that I'm saltier than the Dead Sea. It seems like it doesn't matter how I'm doing nowadays. Before you ask, I was D1 last season and was definitely pulling my weight, often getting MVP, got D5 after placement for this season, and dropped as low as P4. Now I'm P2 and falling again. I know I deserve to be higher, I already was in 2 or 3 consecutive seasons and I'm always better than my direct opponents and do well in teamfights. It feels like I'm the most unlucky player EU and it's really killing my interest.

... Yeah, I had to vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you 12 death Valla, you really helped in that HL game. What a star you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the fairness in this, really.

Another game where I murder entire enemy team on Alarak, we are winning for 15 minutes. Suddenly my team mates start to feed and chain 12 deaths in 5 minutes just find ourselves with full shield Immortal on our core and 3 levels behind.

I always do good on him, but some otherworldly force is making my team mates dumb whenever I pick him. This bad luck is insane, I have way higher KDR and combo accuracy that most people playing him I know, yet I am the one with 41% winrate while they are above 50%.

Then I play like a fucking monkey on Illidan, dying two really stupid deaths by jumping with very low health into Murky just to receive slimy death and I win (After that my macro play was on point though).

Deleted
    I hate WHJ so hard... we need a thread about "what map should vanish?"