Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What "shit" did you call out?
    Your pathetic attempt to declare what's acceptable grounds for someone to lose their job based on just how thin skinned you are

You compared me with a "dumbass" and talked about my career as you knew something about it.
    I found in funny, nothing more.

It's fine though. When people turn to insults I take it as a win for me.
    If you seriously think anything I'm saying is an insult then it only furthers my point that you need to, yet again, grow a pair. It must be so difficult for you to deal with reality if this level of confrontation is an insult to you.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-05-24 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Yes, it makes all the difference. Because unlike Customer Service his priority isn't to coddle the forum-goers. It seems you still don't understand what Community Manager means, and he already explained it in a post:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=9#post-172

And going "personal" doesn't mean much when he's simply stating facts based on that guy's armory. He didn't call him names or anything. If you choose to be offended when someone points facts at you, that's 100% your problem.
    Exactly.

What's so "personal" about pointing out the progress of someone's account in-game when that's the area they're complaining about?
    It's like being called out for not even being a proper raider and still giving opinions on how "little challenge" raiding has or how "casual" the raiding scene is whilst only participating in LFR...

Yes, it makes all the difference. Because unlike Customer Service his priority isn't to coddle the forum-goer.
    This is the issue I am having. Yes, his job *is* to coddle the forum-goers because they are customers and whether or not he's on the Customer Service team, he's a Blizzard employee, representing the company.

And all the Blues on the forums do, in fact, take all the complaints and insults from disgruntled players, so I don't know how you can say they don't.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Your pathetic attempt to declare what's acceptable grounds for someone to lose their job based on just how thin skinned you are

If you seriously think anything I'm saying is an insult then it only furthers my point that you need to, yet again, grow a pair. It must be so difficult for you to deal with reality if this level of confrontation is an insult to you.
    Yeah... seems to be the problem a lot of players have these days. Thin skin accompanied by this sense of entitlement, that they're OWED by the company with every little thing that happens...

It might not be offensive but it was unprofessional.
    And again, you won't win new subs with this but you might end up losing a few. Blizzard has nothing to win by having their representatives act like this but they have something to lose.
    Technically every single design decision they make will end up losing some subs, because as the saying goes you can never please all the people all the time. Losing some snowflake subs because he was honest and upfront about it? They'll manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    This is the issue I am having. Yes, his job *is* to coddle the forum-goers because they are customers and whether or not he's on the Customer Service team, he's a Blizzard employee, representing the company.

And all the Blues on the forums do, in fact, take all the complaints and insults from disgruntled players, so I don't know how you can say they don't.
    Unless you hired him directly or pay his salary, you don't get to decide what his job is. And no, your $15 a month doesn't mean you get that entitlement.

I am a customer too, and I approve what he did. So as you can see, the "customers" is not some monolithic blob term that you can throw willy nilly.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-05-24 at 01:17 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Pretty much all this is you trying to insult without adding anything to the discussion so I ask you again, whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Exactly.

What's so "personal" about pointing out the progress of someone's account in-game when that's the area they're complaining about?
    It's like being called out for not even being a proper raider and still giving opinions on how "little challenge" raiding has or how "casual" the raiding scene is whilst only participating in LFR...
    Because the manner in which he pointed it out seemed like he was pointing a finger at him, laughing at how little content he's done. It seemed super snarky anyway. I don't think it was constructive at all. That would be like someone complaining about their DPS, and having a CM look up their logs and point out that they don't use pots or have all their gear enchanted.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Technically every single design decision they make will end up losing some subs, because as the saying goes you can never please all the people all the time. Losing some snowflake subs because he was honest and upfront about it? They'll manage.
    Of course. It's hard to design a game for everyone.
    Insulting people that you do not agree with is easy to aviod however.

What Ornyx did was borderline bullying.
    ... No wonder we live in the age of the SJW...

Ornyx did good, it's not like he's always out calling players out on their hypocrisy.
    Yes, and that was part of my point. Why did he do it? Why this one guy? Is this a new thing that Blizzard is trying? Thousands of posts are made each day complaining about something or other, and this one day and this one guy.....

Deleted
    Pretty much all this is you trying to insult without adding anything to the discussion so I ask you again, whats the point?
    It maybe is to you, but a harsh reality check isn't an insult. I'm not the only one saying this as well.

But I guess it's so much easier to plug your ears with your fingers and reject all that because you feel hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the post, I'd have to say I agree with Ornyx. If you say "there's nothing to do in Legion", you're full of shit. There's a ton to do whether it interests you or not. If you say, "there's nothing for me" then that's different. You might be bored. You might not have interest in the stuff that is there. That's fine. If you say there isn't content though, you're just lying. I'm not saying 7.2 was a great patch at all, but he was stating that the expansion itself didn't have anything to do.

It maybe is to you, but a harsh reality check isn't an insult. I'm not the only one saying this as well.

But I guess it's so much easier to plug your ears with your fingers and reject all that because you feel hurt
    Again though, whats the point of this?
    What reality are you talking about here? You're making no sense.

Yes, it makes all the difference. Because unlike Customer Service his priority isn't to coddle the forum-goers. It seems you still don't understand what Community Manager means, and he already explained it in a post: ...
    I understand what Community Manager means and what this entails, it is actually Ornyx who has the wrong idea about how he is supposed to behave. That he doesn't completely understand what he is supposed to do is not news, it is evident from his posts, including the one in this thread where he said that he was "just answering a troll with a troll". No, he is NOT supposed to answer the troll with a troll, that he does not understand it is precisely why we have this thread.

You quoting me Ornyx's misconceptions about what he thinks about what he is supposed to do does not prove anything besides showing once again that he has no clue. Quote me one of his superiors or a job description saying that it's fine to go personal with a customer or, say, that Ornyx was right to make a remark on the armory of a player. You won't be able to, ever. Because he was wrong to do that.

He is wrong in his, frankly, childish ruminations regarding "levels of professionalism" expected from him as well. Not prepared to be a professional and think you don't have to be? Get out, let someone with a clue take your place. That's what his boss will tell him.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-05-24 at 01:20 PM.

I don't know what else you would call it, if not bullying. And lol... I'm far from being a SJW. I'm just putting myself in that guy's shoes. He was upset/unhappy enough to go on the forums to type about it, so obviously, despite what his armory says, feels a certain way about the content in the game. That's his opinion. The Blizzard rep called him out, in front of everyone, and I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Deleted
    Its an internet forum though, and its 100% expected to get complaints from your playerbase. I don't know how to put it more simply. Ornyx singled one guy out, armory'd him, called him out for complaining about lack of content when he's hardly done any of it. Fine, I get that. If someone complains on the class forums and they've only just started WoW in Legion, would a CM be like, "Look fool, you've only been playing for 1 year, you don't know anything about your class"? No, they wouldn't. Could they? Sure.

What Ornyx did was borderline bullying.
    Bullying, seriously? If that's bullying to you I would hate for you to experience actual bullying.

Because the manner in which he pointed it out seemed like he was pointing a finger at him, laughing at how little content he's done. It seemed super snarky anyway. I don't think it was constructive at all. That would be like someone complaining about their DPS, and having a CM look up their logs and point out that they don't use pots or have all their gear enchanted.
    He didn't single him out more than any other person he's replied to. Looking up his armory is a natural thing to do if someone feels like they can't find anything to do when there is plenty, clearly they must have missed something. It's not like your armory is some personal private thing no-one is allowed to look at, it's quite the opposite in fact, it's meant for people to look at.

Also, "laughing at how little content he's done"? You interpret things in very, very strange ways if you seriously believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's outrage culture at it's finest.

I guess if I say that I Wanna Be The Boshy is too easy and someone points out that I've never beat it, I'll just label them as a bully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL

Yes, you can bitch and moan about the car. If you are going to do that before the car maker, the rep will likely apologize for the issues you are having in advance and ask what they are so that maybe he could help with some. He will be awfully sincere, too. What he won't do is go personal and say that perhaps you didn't drive enough to tell a good car from a bad car, etc. Like Ornyx did.

Welcome to the real world.
    LOL

Yes, i can bitch and moan about a car because i KNOW what i will get when i buy it. I know EVERYTHING. I know what's inside, outside, the consumes, the speed, EVERY FUCKING THING. Then, if something is not working as intended I CAN COMPLAIN.

But this is not TRUE FOR EVERYTHING. And HUGE NEWS, it's NOT TRUE FOR WOW. When i buy the expansion, i don't fucking KNOW what will happen 10 days after. Maybe Blizzard will fail and everything shutted off. Maybe i will get 1000000 AK levels for free. Maybe not. THIS KIND of PRODUCT can't be COMPARED with a fucking MEAL or a CAR.

There is ONE difference between a CAR and WOW, in the lattest i CAN ALWAYS STOP PLAYING. That's all, easy peasy. I don't like this patch? Stop play. I like the next one? Play again. YOU PAY FOR THE BASE EXPANSION FEATURES AND THEN YOU PAY FOR THE PATCH. I don't pay for a FUCKING "promise" during a panel on blizzcon, i pay for the PATCH NOTES. "Oh, they are not giving me X dungeon next patch? Well, i will stop playing". Voilà. Simple as that.

As you said, welcome to the real world.

Deleted
    Again though, whats the point of this?
    What reality are you talking about here? You're making no sense.
    Christ you don't even read my posts do you.

The reality that you think it's acceptable for someone to lose their job because of a bit of snark aimed towards an idiot.
    The reality that you think people calling out your bullshit on that is insults because they use big boy words.

Do I need to spell things out for you slowly next time?

Deleted
    Laying down the TRUTHS here! <3
    Its the whole reason I stopped working in the gaming industry.
    Only worked there for little under a year but most depressing time of my life.
    The internet community is horrible, people that have to deal with it for a living should be paid godly amount of money in my opinion.