Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    @Jaylock

This thread needs a poll:
    Do you think Ornyx's response was fine?
    1. Yes
    2. No.
    3. Hell yes!

I would vote #3.
    Unfortunately I think only moderators can add polls to threads once they've been created, but I would also vote for #3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Meanwhile, people are showing dis-respect to the Blizzard staff.

#Equality

Should Blizzard just take the hate? Nada. I agree, they should fix some shit. However, some people complain to complain. And, because of that, they need to be taught a lesson. They don't work for blizzard, so they shouldn't cry about shit. Give FEEDBACK, not 2 year old hate.
    The customer doesn't need to be respectful to employees in a business.

The guy literally just asked 'what else is there to do', this blue decided a fitting way to respond was taking it as an insult and throwing unnecessary sass at him.

Who is the bigger idiot? The guy throwing an 'insult', or the guy who takes the bait and flames back at him?

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    It wasn't anywhere near borderline, the word bullying shouldn't even cross your mind when reading that.

That is a very strange interpretation, why would you even consider something like that?

Maybe he does look up other people's armoury, and in this particular case the person had completed so little amount of content that he felt it was worth mentioning that there is plenty more for them to do. As I said, your armoury is not some personal diary no-one is allowed to look at, it's up there for everyone to see at all times.
    Right, but he drew attention to it. If you read a post that was complaining about lack of content, would you armory the person and call them out, or just let it ride? I'm sorry, the vibe I get was of rudeness towards the player. Sure, it was a whiny post that lacked merit, but it didn't even deserve a Blue reply, imo.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Customer: Let me speak to the Chef.
    Random: Okay, he's right there.
    Customer: Hello, your job is easy. Look at this PB&J sandwich I just made. Making food is easy.
    Chef: Yeah, well, you didn't really do anything significant
    Random 2: WTF, stop bullying the customer.
    Random 3: How dare you be so disrespectful to your customer!?

Apparently telling someone that they've barely scratched the surface is disrespectful. I'll take "Internet gets riled up over something stupid" for 100 points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I do agree that some people just complain to complain, yes. But weren't we all taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all? IMO, the Blizz rep should've just ignored the post, like he does with all of the other ones.

Also, people generally make posts on the forums when they like the game, because they are passionate about it, and want it to be the best. That's the vibe I get. If I don't like a particular aspect about a game I don't care about, I probably won't rush to the forums to make a post about it.
    How bout we do this to all the people on these forums?
    If you just complain and talk shit you get an insta ban because if you don't have anything nice to say you can just piss off?

That would make sure that the Blizzard Rep can't talk back.

And people might be passionate but they want the game to change to "HOW THEY LIKE IT" which is why you see 9 million different requests and demands on a daily basis. ( I say requests, but really its just whine posts saying "BLIZZ LISTEN, I PAY SO I DECIDE")
    I am also passionate about chocolate ice-cream (actually love the stuff) but I don't go around giving my shitty opinion to the people making the ice-cream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    What an absolutely stupid thing to say.

Person first, business rep later. Are you legit saying that there are situations where it's ok for a person to be disrespectful to another person just because of their position? Can you please read that back to yourself and realise how inane that sounds?

Deleted

The guy literally just asked 'what else is there to do', this blue decided a fitting way to respond was taking it as an insult and throwing unnecessary sass at him.

Who is the bigger idiot? The guy throwing an 'insult', or the guy who takes the bait and flames back at him?
    The guy trowing the insult. Also a customer doesn't need to be but it would be GREAT is this community finally gets a little bit more humane.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And as you can see by the myriad of responses on both the official forums and MMO-Champion, most people are in favour of Ornyx and only the thin-skinned are the ones who are making a big deal out of this.

So what makes you so right?
    First, we didn't count, I am not seeing that the majority are pro-Ornyx, I see quite a lot of people saying that he behaved unprofessionally.

Second and more important, whether he did right is not subject to a vote. It makes sense that this is not up to a vote, too, because even if he "wins" the vote, he wins the vote of part of customers and he loses with another part. If he didn't "answer a troll with a troll", there'd be no split, all those "votes" would have been "won" by default. What he did can only do damage. That's why you never go personal in jobs like this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Oh yeah, just ignore the fact that someone's bashing on Blizzard for un-needed reasoning, that'll help.

Why ban Ornyx? He didn't even act like tough shit. He was making reasonable points....
    The one thing I have learned reading through this thread is that society as it is now is doomed, it is a sad fact but it is true.. Because what gets me is that the way this is getting portrayed by some in this thread you would think that the blue involved in all this committed some sort of war crime or some other major international incident.. This is how blown out of all proportions this one thing has become it is truly pathetic when you think about it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Exactly. It's unprofessional and rude.

Also - who knows if the player would actually do some more content if they had designed the progression system like we had in TBC and Wrath? God knows how many players don't raid anymore because of bazillion difficulties, no BiS items anymore thanks to neverending possiblities of fucking random upgrades, and endless AP grind. I know that these are the reasons why I don't even thought about organised raiding or pugging in this expansion. I only do casual content because everything else is not accessible to me anymore.
    BC and Wrath had very different progression systems, or perhaps you've forgotten? Wrath introduced catch-up mechanics between the raid tiers, in BC you had to progress through the previous ones in order to get to the new ones just like in Vanilla.

Also, additional difficulties have very likely been added based on player demand and feedback, and Blizzard have explained who each difficulty is for several times.

LFR: For those who just want to see the content but not have to put in any effort into finding a group, or even the encounters themselves.

Normal: Friends and family guilds who play whenever they can with whomever is able to join at the time.

Heroic: Slightly more serious guilds who likely have set days/times in the weeks.

Mythic: Hardcore difficulty only for those who really push the limits, requires everyone to be on the same server.

Which difficulty would you remove? Each one speaks to its respective portion of players.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I understand what Community Manager means and what this entails, it is actually Ornyx who has the wrong idea about how he is supposed to behave. That he doesn't completely understand what he is supposed to do is not news, it is evident from his posts, including the one in this thread where he said that he was "just answering a troll with a troll". No, he is NOT supposed to answer the troll with a troll, that he does not understand it is precisely why we have this thread.

You quoting me Ornyx's misconceptions about what he thinks about what he is supposed to do does not prove anything besides showing once again that he has no clue. Quote me one of his superiors or a job description saying that it's fine to go personal with a customer or, say, that Ornyx was right to make a remark on the armory of a player. You won't be able to, ever. Because he was wrong to do that.

He is wrong in his, frankly, childish ruminations regarding "levels of professionalism" expected from him as well. Not prepared to be a professional and think you don't have to be? Get out, let someone with a clue take your place. That's what his boss will tell him.
    Once again, if pointing out facts like you didn't do X based on your armory is somehow "going personal" and super offensive to you, then there's nothing further to discuss. You want to be offended by that, that's entirely on you.

And Ornyx is being as professional as his job dictates, and he's certainly not going to get replaced or anything. Your fantasies about what you want to happen to him are quite funny however.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Because what gets me is that the way this is getting portrayed by some in this thread you would think that the blue involved in all this committed some sort of war crime or some other major international incident.. This is how blown out of all proportions this one thing has become it is truly pathetic when you think about it..
    Yup, it's disgusting. People on the Internet love their drama and making mountains out of molehills. Scratch that, people in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    What an absolutely stupid thing to say.

Person first, business rep later. Are you legit saying that there are situations where it's ok for a person to be disrespectful to another person just because of their position? Can you please read that back to yourself and realise how inane that sounds?
    Company policy vs. your opinion...

Sure, the customer can be an asshole. Kick him out and be done.
    What's harmful to a business? A smartass employee who takes the bait and gives the business a bad name.
    I never said it was okay, don't put words in my mouth. I say that if it happens, tough shit and suck it up.

What? do we need to hold the hand of DMV employees just because their customers are being people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    The guy trowing the insult. Also a customer doesn't need to be but it would be GREAT is this community finally gets a little bit more humane.
    Someone is clearly unaware of the stupid leader/stupid follower equation, so to say.
    It sure would be great, but the world isn't a liberal arts college campus with infinite safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Once again, if pointing out facts like you didn't do X based on your armory is somehow "going personal" and super offensive to you, then there's nothing further to discuss. You want to be offended by that, that's entirely on you.
    Dear, look up the word "personal" in a dictionary. The moment you discuss the armory *of a particular player*, you go *personal*. That's what the word means. Ornyx did that. He went personal.

I am not offended, I am saying that this is unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And Ornyx is being as professional as his job dictates, and he's certainly not going to get replaced or anything. Your fantasies about what you want to happen to him are quite funny however.
    No, his job "dictates" that he has to be way more professional than that. He is NOT supposed to argue with customers based on their armory. He just doesn't have a clue. (And you seem to think he does based on what *he* says about what his job is supposed to be. There's just no logic in that.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-05-24 at 01:46 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok so try that, be disrespectful to an employee in a store and watch how the employer will either A: tell you to rack off, or B: call the police to forcibly remove you from the store..

Really some people these days I often wonder if they ever think before they act..

Deleted
    First, we didn't count, I am not seeing that the majority are pro-Ornyx, I see quite a lot of people saying that he behaved unprofessionally.
    I thought we didn't count? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Second and more important, whether he did right is not subject to a vote. It makes sense that this is not up to a vote, too, because even if he "wins" the vote, he wins the vote of part of customers and he loses with another part. If he didn't "answer a troll with a troll", there'd be no split, all those "votes" would have been "won" by default. What he did can only do damage. That's why you never go personal in jobs like this.
    Only reason you're saying it's not up for a vote is because you feel that you're the be-all end-all in what's right in this story. How hypocritical of you to dismiss other people's views on on what happened and for you to champion your position as ironclad. If you've ever actually worked in customer service you'd be rational enough to agree with Ornyx. If not, then judging by your previous post history this is another hate-boner, marred by pseudo intellectualism and armchair speculation.

"Sit the f#&k down!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skrubba View Post
    Agree with your point about moving on. If you want us to feel as if we are free to swap and explore other toons, give us a legit cap on concordance and you will have achieved that entirely.
    I'm willing to bet the top 25% of the raiding community hits concordance cap by the end of the expansion pack. Why do you need to hit it right now after its just recently been released, are the wolves and bears you have to kill during bareback brawl too hard?

Deleted
    I never said it was okay, don't put words in my mouth. I say that if it happens, tough shit and suck it up.
    Those are the exact same things, worded differently.

If it happens and your response is "tough shit, suck it up" then you are advocating that it is ok, at least to the degree that no reprecussive actions can be taken. What a fucking scummy attitude to have not only towards a business rep but towards a person in general.

You put your own words in your own mouth, and now you're trying to backpedal out of this shit.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yup, it's disgusting. People on the Internet love their drama and making mountains out of molehills. Scratch that, people in general.
    Unfortunately it is so true now days, people will just hop on the bandwagon and screw everything else.. What would be nice is this thread to be locked as all it is doing now is that it has pretty much degenerated into a mud slinging match..