Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Best way to get people to stop doing it is remove it, no?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is Factually wrong and many higher level player's on this form have even shown that.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be new to WoW and these forums if u believe this because you can just look and see that's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

That loot in Mythic can Titanforge as well......making it even higher.

couldn't be bothered to check whether some1 else replied to this....no, it can't tf higher, 925 is max atm,whether you get it in myth or in lfr...the chances for 925 are higher in myth ofc.

That is Factually wrong and many higher level player's on this form have even shown that.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be new to WoW and these forums if u believe this because you can just look and see that's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

That loot in Mythic can Titanforge as well......making it even higher.
    I really do not think people care anymore save for a tiny minority...

Fix the massive loot rng first then worry about the rest. What you are talking about is a rather minor issue atm.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Please highlight where I said it was impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to be a dick about it, I just thought there was a ceiling to where TF could go based on the item level of something.

I have done LFR on 6+ toons a week and never seen anything over 900 drop for anyone including titanforged stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the clarification, I was unaware everything could go up to max I thought the WF/TF system had a cap (For example max TF was 25 so to get 925 gear it would have to start off at 900)
    IMO, it'd be nice if there were limits, for those that feel the need to run LFR or even low M+ keys for a chance at a lucky TF proc on the pieces of gear they desire. And also to combat the demoralization of players of higher difficulties due to having gotten better gear from TF procs on lower difficulties (Not loot others have gotten from LFR/Normal, but loot THEY have gotten). But eh, it probably won't change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    You make it sound like it happens all the time.
    Them reading skills, though. Note, I said, "chances are crazy low." It's not common, but it's also not as rare as you'd like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If you're happy with your own progression you've got no reason to care about anyone else's.
    So very, very much this.

GIVE

IT

A

FUCKING

REST

PEOPLE!!!!

Just play the parts of the game YOU like and to hell with the rest of it. Is that so fucking hard??!??!

You forgot to add for you to that list because for me and many others it doesn't diminish anything.

Maybe this just isn't the game for you, LFR has been in WOW for half of its life, its not going anywhere..
    So the game was only really good for half of it's life... gotcha. Sucks that they had to ruin it with LFR. It's funny you think it's good for the game when certain devs have even admitted they wished it was never implemented but that they simply didn't have the technology to make flexible mode a thing. They've been trying to remove things that ruin the game such as flying but whiny babies won't let them. They probably have a pristine version of the game somewhere with normal, heroic, and no flying that they love to play and wish they could release but can't because people like you will burn their HQ down.

It just needs to be removed. Legion fixed 90 percent of the things that crept in over the last few expansions, but LFR remains the last bastion of nonsense that is present in this game.
    Remove LFR, make Normal a bit more difficult and you'll see the progression playerbase increase a noticeable amount.

AND removing it is such a big win socially. The amount of braindead retards who think LFR IS RUINING THE GAME LUL would finally get to shut up and THAT alone would help the game more than anyone realizes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I stopped doing it because everything is faceroll.. Aside of Boss models it is difficult to tell the difference between them.

It is very underscaled.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I really do not think people care anymore save for a tiny minority...

Fix the massive loot rng first then worry about the rest. What you are talking about is a rather minor issue atm.
    I agree. They need to severely reduce the amount of loot RNG.

Lol at OP for thinking that mythic loot titanforging is a means to justify the rest of the difficulties titanforging. Like, no, it's an awful system. The current loot system makes people incredibly apathetic to actually do anything in the game. I have 920 shoulders from a mythic plus 10. Like why? I'd much rather be using mythic tier shoulders for stats but I can't because other shit in the game decided to RNG roll higher than what is feasible. The odds of me getting 920-925 tier shoulders are abysmal since nobody is going to give me a 905 token to possibly roll a titanforge. And why can people run heroic bosses and get the same gear as me on mythic? My guild has been farming M Guldan and I think we've seen one Draught. The number of heroic titanforged 915 Draughts ive seen is too damn high. Makes people not want to raid anymore or makes them feel forced into running heroic every single week when they should just be farming mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is an unemployed troll who plays (by his own admission) 12 hours a day and somehow does not have the time to do any form of organised PVE except being carried.

Given that LFR has to be tuned and retuned by Blizzard to remove mechanics and reduce damage in ways that even normal doesn't, that should tell you all you need to know about the calibre of player LFR is targeted towards.

That said, it's a good catchup mechanic for alts and returning players, so getting rid of it is probably a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I agree. They need to severely reduce the amount of loot RNG.

Lol at OP for thinking that mythic loot titanforging is a means to justify the rest of the difficulties titanforging. Like, no, it's an awful system. The current loot system makes people incredibly apathetic to actually do anything in the game. I have 920 shoulders from a mythic plus 10. Like why? I'd much rather be using mythic tier shoulders for stats but I can't because other shit in the game decided to RNG roll higher than what is feasible. The odds of me getting 920-925 tier shoulders are abysmal since nobody is going to give me a 905 token to possibly roll a titanforge. And why can people run heroic bosses and get the same gear as me on mythic? My guild has been farming M Guldan and I think we've seen one Draught. The number of heroic titanforged 915 Draughts ive seen is too damn high. Makes people not want to raid anymore or makes them feel forced into running heroic every single week when they should just be farming mythic.
    Titanforging should have been limited to the ilvl of the next difficulty up. But it's not because snowflakes want the same level of power for no effort.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-05-28 at 12:07 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

They made LFR obsolete for the expansion, e.g. Mythic+ and world quests all give higher levels of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It just needs to be removed. Legion fixed 90 percent of the things that crept in over the last few expansions, but LFR remains the last bastion of nonsense that is present in this game.
    Remove LFR, make Normal a bit more difficult and you'll see the progression playerbase increase a noticeable amount.

AND removing it is such a big win socially. The amount of braindead retards who think LFR IS RUINING THE GAME LUL would finally get to shut up and THAT alone would help the game more than anyone realizes.
    I think removing it is a step too far. It's a good mechanism for gearing returning players and alts.

All you really need to do is remove Augment Runes from the game, or make them drop on every difficulty.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

So the game was only really good for half of it's life... gotcha. Sucks that they had to ruin it with LFR. It's funny you think it's good for the game when certain devs have even admitted they wished it was never implemented but that they simply didn't have the technology to make flexible mode a thing. They've been trying to remove things that ruin the game such as flying but whiny babies won't let them. They probably have a pristine version of the game somewhere with normal, heroic, and no flying that they love to play and wish they could release but can't because people like you will burn their HQ down.
    The irony is the so called whiny babies are the majority of there customer base, they'd be stupid to not listen to them lol

And its also ironic that those so called dev also don't work for Blizz now lol

Both points kinda make your opinion moot outside it just being your opinion and nothing more

If they listened to you and other with your opinion, they'd be putting more nails in the games coffin lol not helping it.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    Sure, when they remove tier pieces and overpowered trinkets that I will even run LFR to get, especially in the beginning of new raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Titanforging should have been limited to the ilvl of the next difficulty up. But it's not because snowflakes want the same level of power for no effort.
    And I get that. I'm okay with a system like in MoP where loot isn't 100% predictable but still you went for your BiS and if it warforged up 5 item levels then cool. It actually felt like a bonus. When I get a good titanforge now I'm not happy or excited I just feel relief like "Oh boy I just got a 925 Chaos Talisman so I can stop farming this place and praying that this 890 version rolls lottery levels of luck into something usable." instead of "Oh cool this 905 piece of loot only obtainable from Mythic raid went up 5 more item levels." like it used to be. There's no reason lower level difficulties should be as rewarding as mythic simply based on luck. It has nothing to do with me not wanting LFR raiders to get 925s its that I don't want mythic raiders to keep running normals and heroic and even old raids praying that the one trinket they need (Bloodthirsty Instinct) rolls 925 from a 880 mythic baseline. Old gear should stay in the past.

but, but everyone wants a chance at 925s ... so they run LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    If they listened to you and other with your opinion, they'd be putting more nails in the games coffin lol not helping it.
    The nail in the coffin was moving away from Vanilla-Wrath and going into casual mode. It's too late to save the game it's already dying anyway. Mythic raiders are fleeing the scene from burnout at a rate faster than before. They can't fix this without removing the things causing it. The one thing WoD got right was that they tried to fix the systems they didn't like. LFR didn't have the same gear and flying was almost removed entirely... and then people complained both of those changes reverted. They ALMOST had the game in a state that wouldn't shed more players and then whining ruined it. So... no it isn't an opinion. Just look at raiding this expansion.

Just goes to show that the developers can try to save the game all they like but people are just going to complain it back into a state of dying.

The nail in the coffin was moving away from Vanilla-Wrath and going into casual mode. It's too late to save the game it's already dying anyway. Mythic raiders are fleeing the scene from burnout at a rate faster than before. They can't fix this without removing the things causing it. The one thing WoD got right was that they tried to fix the systems they didn't like. LFR didn't have the same gear and flying was almost removed entirely... and then people complained both of those changes reverted. They ALMOST had the game in a state that wouldn't shed more players and then whining ruined it. So... no it isn't an opinion. Just look at raiding this expansion.

Just goes to show that the developers can try to save the game all they like but people are just going to complain it back into a state of dying.
    Guess you don't remember cata then ... the "attempt" to go back to more Vanilla and TBC style play ... that ended well didn't it .... NOT, with half the games subscribers leaving because it was awful...

Almost had the game in a good state in WoD, your joking right... you have to be lol.

Also flying is not a negative point for the game, its been in the game since TBC and should not be removed and Its very rigid and poor thinking to just say "its not perfect, remove it" when it can be improved upon.
    I personally like legion model as a balance, they made it nice to play without it with it it just adds to the fun, you don't need it as much as you used to but its a good thing to have.

But please take off the rose tinted nostalgia glasses.... you try and move the game back to Vanilla or TBC and it will kill the game no matter how much you think otherwise. Vanilla and TBC were great for there time but that's long gone.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    players will take a boost to their gear where they can get it. blizzard shouldn't put the players in a position to factor in more than 1 clear of a raid on any difficulty in a week. doesn't make any sense does it?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How so......?
    tons of AP (esp with mage tower buff)
    good legendary drop chance
    chance to TF to 925 (a guy in my guild has a 925 Raidfinder TF set helm)

how are those not rewarding?