Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Trump arrives at Vatican to exchange views with Pope Francis

U.S. President Donald Trump arrived at the Vatican on Wednesday for talks with one of his most high-profile critics, Pope Francis, after the two men exchanged sharp words during the presidential campaign last year.

Under clear blue skies, Trump received a tribute from the Swiss Guard in a Vatican courtyard where he was greeted by Archbishop Georg Ganswein, the prefect of the pontifical household.

Trump looked uncomfortable as he entered a small elevator taking him to the third floor of the Apostolic Palace, where he was accompanied by Ganswein and other officials along a frescoed corridor to the pope's private study.

Following behind Trump were daughter Ivanka, her husband, Jared Kushner, a top White House aide, national security adviser H.R. McMaster and adviser Hope Hicks.

The pope did not smile as he greeted Trump outside the study. Trump, seeming subdued, said "it is a great honor."

The two men then posed for photograghs and the pope kept a stern face while Trump beamed for the cameras. The meeting began at precisely 8:33 a.m.

Trump's meeting with Pope Francis, his third stop on a nine-day foreign tour due to end on Saturday, is part of his world tour of religions after meeting leaders of Muslim nations in Saudi Arabia and visiting holy sites in Jerusalem.

But while his talks in Saudi Arabia and Israel were mostly friendly, the meeting between the head of the Roman Catholic Church and the thrice-married, blunt-spoken Trump could be a little more confrontational.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN18K001

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pope handed Trump his letter about climate change from 2015. Personally. Now Trump has two choices:

1) Think about the fact that 97% of world scientists and the literal Infallible Hand of God on Earth all agree that climate change is real and not a hoax created by the Chinese, or

2) Go home, remain true to his principles, and spit on the head of the religion of his most loyal supporters.

EDIT: Seriously you know you dun goofed when you get trolled by the Pope in broad fucking daylight.

I doubt the increases to military spending or the frivolous spending on vacations (as opposed to say, using your wealth to help the less fortunate) give him many brownie points with the pope either. I can think of few people I'd dislike more if I were in Francis's shoes.

Watching the video, apparently Trump even had the audacity to say "it was disgraceful of the pope to question his faith." Well I say it's disgraceful of Trump to ever call himself a christian.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-05-24 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

That awkward moment when the Pope and your wife hate you...

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Is this a picture from last season of game of thrones?

Is it me, or does it always seem like he's always slouching in photos? Perhaps it's his I'll fitting suit- which would be fucking hilarious considering his brand of Trump suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Looks like photo from a funeral or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Is it me, or does it always seem like he's always slouching in photos? Perhaps it's his I'll fitting suit- which would be fucking hilarious considering his brand of Trump suits.
    His suits have never fit him right for some reason. Look at how long his ties are.

"Pope no has arcane orb like sand king, can't raise my power level here, sad!"

Why aren't the right wingers upset that the first lady was forced to cover up when meeting the pope but they were angry at some reporters suggesting that Melania should have covered up when meeting the Saudis.

I always found it hypocritical how Westerners see Nun attire has acceptable but the Hijab a step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Why aren't the right wingers upset that the first lady was forced to cover up when meeting the pope but they were angry at some reporters suggesting that Melania should have covered up when meeting the Saudis.

I always found it hypocritical how Westerners see Nun attire has acceptable but the Hijab a step too far.
    From what I have read, women haven't had to dress like that to meet the pope for decades. Not sure why they are bringing it back.

Also, additional captions

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867298870593769473

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/statu...61316696207360

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are the women dressed in black?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

If all women were told to wear a nun attire i would find it many steps too far..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why do the women look like mourners? They even have the silly veil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why do the women look like mourners? They even have the silly veil.
    Isn't that protocol in the Vatican? Though I'm wondering about the all black, I don't know if that's a requirement or if they just decided to dress like they were going to a funeral for other reasons.

Deleted
    Der Spiegel wrote, the pope gave him a colorful book about global warming. I hope he reads it.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Der Spiegel wrote, the pope gave him a colorful book about global warming. I hope he reads it.
    His encyclical, I believe. It's a standard gift to guests from the Pope, but it has a bit more significance given Trumps history on global warming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Why are the women dressed in black?
    went shopping in saudi.

Because it's okay if it's THEIR religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Isn't that protocol in the Vatican? Though I'm wondering about the all black, I don't know if that's a requirement or if they just decided to dress like they were going to a funeral for other reasons.
    Well if it's because they 'had to' then that's pretty damn backwards. God knows why they wore black unless that's part of the dress code too.