Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I love the smell of overhype.

Seriously... You cling in hope, that new DA, will got all good aspects of previous DA games? Gameplay like origins, companions like DA2 and open world like Inqusition?

You learned nothing from ME:A sadly...
    Yeah everyone knows the only way to live is to be an eternal pessimist and thing everything will forever be terrible.

That's not a horribly depressing way to live at all, nope.

I hope they make it a choice to play with a more tactical approach. I prefer to give orders, but not the micro-management 2 hour fights that some people enjoy.

Deleted
    Looking foward. I would like to see the big war between templars and magicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I’m assuming the next game should be in Tevinter, therefore I’m expecting him to play a big role on it. Also, blood magic!
    Tevinter without blood magic would indeed not be Tevinter at all. I'm still a bit angry that it was kinda excluded from Inquisition (sans the Warden's ritual), considering all the potential stories that could have included blood magic. Then again DA2 did have a bit of a blood magic overdose towards the end.

I also want to see Sten. Well, he's the Arishok now, but he'll always be our Sten.

Make it like Origins and I'll consider it. And Jesus fucking Christ Bioware, no more open worlds. You've already shown us twice that you cannot pull it off.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Origins.

However, I'm not getting my hopes up for this.

DA2 was terrible with how it recycled it's content. Was just lovely counting how many identical copies each new place had, or how the same route to the same old places kept getting repopulated when you continued the story a bit. In the end, the whole game took place in just a dozen different maps that you sometimes get to go in reverse to keep it fresh!

DAI required Uplay or Origin, and I was just fed up with both, so never touched it. DA2 being overhyped piece of garbage didn't help either.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-05-23 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At this point, I don't think anyone should expect ally AI in BioWare games to have the intelligence of anything beyond a panda.

I honestly don't even try to use them, between their normal AI making them more likely to stand in place staring at a wall while getting thunderfucked and the AI deciding that rather than take the straight path to the enemy 20 feet away from them that they'll run through 3 side-rooms first, I'd rather not even fucking have them. They're a source of far more frustration than pleasure, even when you get some good party banter going.
    Back in Origins, when you could set a deep priority list for each companion, it wasn't so bad. I didn't really have much of an issue since I shoe horned the hell out of each character.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At this point, I don't think anyone should expect ally AI in BioWare games to have the intelligence of anything beyond a panda.
    But what if, just... bear with me here, what if you get an ally... who is, in fact.. A FRIGGIN' PANDA!

Like a mabari... but PANDA!

Deleted
    All the people hyping another failure in the making...just make sure to pre-order so they can continue producing this awesome games.

kinda makes me wish i had finished DA:O and the rest of them..... no time now though oh well.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyresias View Post
    I agree DA 2 was just stale and the environment just felt bland. DA:I was overall decent towards good with a shit slow startup with the Hinterlands for the first 2-5H depending on how fast you play. For me i have DA:I in original but i got tired really fast of the stupid mission table's long mission duration so i just got a crack for it to play it offline and just keep changing the pc date to insta complete those missions cause the design of it was just too shit to just milk playtime by having to wait a long time.
    I think this is what began turning people off with the game, and they just have a negative outlook towards the rest of the game from there on.

I get what they were trying to do with having places which have a variety of level requirements for different areas, but they didn't do it well. Hopefully they learn from that mistake so people don't start off right away with a bad taste in their mouths.

- - - Updated - - -

Always amuses me when people come into a thread about a game, only to trash talk it.

I personally enjoyed all 3 Dragon Age games.

- - - Updated - - -

All the people hyping another failure in the making...just make sure to pre-order so they can continue producing this awesome games.
    See what I mean?

How about no? The games are awful.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah everyone knows the only way to live is to be an eternal pessimist and thing everything will forever be terrible.

That's not a horribly depressing way to live at all, nope.
    I would rather called it. "Realism" Since now most of people here is hyped about new DA game, but when time to release will come, another dissapoint will happend. Since Bioware didin't finished thier homework from DA2. ME3(Ending aspect, don't want flame war about it again) and DA:I. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I would rather called it. "Realism" Since now most of people here is hyped about new DA game, but when time to release will come, another dissapoint will happend. Since Bioware didin't finished thier homework from DA2. ME3(Ending aspect, don't want flame war about it again) and DA:I. :P
    Naw, not really. You flatout were the pessimist 3edgy5me comment.

ME3's ending was fine for what it is. I didn't particularly like it but there was never any way they were going to somehow make an ending that would fulfill literally everybody's choices. It wasn't amazing, but people pretending it was the worst bastardization in the modern gaming times are ridiculous.

DA:I had problems but was also decent.

People just love to drastically overexaggerate when something isn't absolutely perfect. Its why you get idiots saying DA2 was terrible when it really only had 1 problem with it. And actually improved on DA:O in quite a few ways.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-24 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Naw, not really. You flatout were the pessimist 3edgy5me comment.

ME3's ending was fine for what it is. DA:I had problems but was also decent.

People just love to drastically overexaggerate when something isn't absolutely perfect. Its why you get idiots saying DA2 was terrible when it really only had 1 problem with it.
    You call it pessimist, i call it realism. Someone else may call it potato.

I just mentioned most things, from what Bioware didin't learned. Im ok with ME3 endings, as for DA2. Never finished it yet. Same for DA:I. Well mainly played in DA:I multi which was dissapoint...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Back in Origins, when you could set a deep priority list for each companion, it wasn't so bad. I didn't really have much of an issue since I shoe horned the hell out of each character.
    I think my one biggest hope for this game is they bring back the Origins companion priority lists... I swear I spent as much time sorting them as I did playing the freakin game. But the time I had it set, I honestly felt like I was playing an MMO, because my other party members reacted so well.

Good times :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think my one biggest hope for this game is they bring back the Origins companion priority lists... I swear I spent as much time sorting them as I did playing the freakin game. But the time I had it set, I honestly felt like I was playing an MMO, because my other party members reacted so well.

Good times :'(
    Exactly! It was a pretty perfect system for resolving the idiotic default priorities the AI takes. After a while, once my team was leveled up well, and had all the abilities they needed, I could basically just let the AI take care of things, and I sat in the back and healed them. It was pretty awesome. Sorta reminiscent of Final Fantasy 10. Even in that game you could automate combat to the point where you will never lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Make it like Origins and I'll consider it. And Jesus fucking Christ Bioware, no more open worlds. You've already shown us twice that you cannot pull it off.
    This is one of the main factors that is making their games shit and bears repeating, Bioware is simply not good at making open world games. It completely screws up their usually good tight story pacing and romances. If you start inserting a bunch of filler crap between important storylines, they lose their urgency and importance, and you stop caring about them with so much unneeded noise.

Bioware is at its best when it's laser focused on the narrative and makes the levels (as linear as they may be) to drive that narrative home as much as possible. Bioware is at its best when it makes a campaign that doesn't have 200 hrs of bloated "content", but it has 30 or 40 hrs of intense story-driven action.

Bioware is at its worst when it makes open world maps that are full of nothing but Ubisoft-style markers and MMO-repetitive quests.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    This is one of the main factors that is making their games shit and bears repeating, Bioware is simply not good at making open world games. It completely screws up their usually good tight story pacing and romances. If you start inserting a bunch of filler crap between important storylines, they lose their urgency and importance, and you stop caring about them with so much unneeded noise.

Bioware is at its best when it's laser focused on the narrative and makes the levels (as linear as they may be) to drive that narrative home as much as possible. Bioware is at its best when it makes a campaign that doesn't have 200 hrs of bloated "content", but it has 30 or 40 hrs of intense story-driven action.

Bioware is at its worst when it makes open world maps that are full of nothing but Ubisoft-style markers and MMO-repetitive quests.
    That implies somehow there's nothing good at all in Dragon Age Inquisition and ME:Andromeda which I find that laughable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wonder if it will have spinning heads and DOA facal expressions.