Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The intelligence community has made no assessment or statement as to whether they believe the Russians were successful in actually helping Trump. I hold no belief that the Russians won the election for Trump. Hillary ran a terrible campaign, and Trump successfully duped a whole lot of people into voting for him.
    Nope. Every person that didn't vote for Clinton was obviously exposed to Kremlin mind control techniques. That's why people keep saying "mislead by Russians" and "Russians stole the election". We've gone beyond blaming them for emails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Nope. Every person that didn't vote for Clinton was obviously exposed to Kremlin mind control techniques. That's why people keep saying "mislead by Russians" and "Russians stole the election". We've gone beyond blaming them for emails.
    My thoughts as well. It's a lot similar to the level of creativity as "Obama is a Muslim". It makes sense on the surface but it doesn't stand to scrutiny. It's just an easy way to gather support by making superficial statements.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    My thoughts as well. It's a lot similar to the level of creativity as "Obama is a Muslim". It makes sense on the surface but it doesn't stand to scrutiny. It's just an easy way to gather support by making superficial statements.
    How does "Obama is a Muslim" make sense on the surface? How is it even remotely identical to connections between Russia and the Trump campaign/administration?

Stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think one of my favorite phenomenon during on this is the right's constant assumption that others think and react exactly as they do.

It's a symptom of the greater problem we have in this nation ("I'm the center of the universe" baby man egos) I know, but it's interesting to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no. There's really no credible sources claiming that Russia stole the election for Trump.

But there are also no credible sources that deny the existence of a Russian cyberpropoganda/disinformation campaign that also took place during the 2016 election.

- - - Updated - - -

"Obama is a Muslim" makes sense on the surface? What? I don't even...
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    How does "Obama is a Muslim" make sense on the surface? How is it even remotely identical to connections between Russia and the Trump campaign/administration?

Stop.
    See how easy it is for you to dismiss Obama is a Muslim, yet think there's actual background to the Russian claims. Both simply cannot be proved as entirely false and you'll always have people clinging to it as if it was a godsend argument.

Of course, it did. Obama did not look like a typical afro-American. He did not give his birth certificate outright (which honestly, is utterly stupid to ask for) and he released it well beyond what these people deem as reasonable. He had anti-right views that challenged the catholic establishment.

These does not make sense to me, or you clearly, but when you're persuaded you're right you don't have this little voice telling you to be cautious because frankly, it's beyond ridiculous. It's also what made Fox publish the Seth Rich article that is in bad taste.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-05-24 at 03:28 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

See how easy it is for you to dismiss Obama is a Muslim, yet think there's actual background to the Russian claims. Both simply cannot be proved as entirely false and you'll always have people clinging to it as if it was a godsend argument.
    Obama isn't a Muslim.

Connections between Russia and Trump exist.

You are still bad at this.

Stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama isn't a Muslim.

Connections between Russia and Trump exist.

You are still bad at this.

Stop.
    The depth of your argument is profound.
    Google Diversity Memo

The depth of your argument is profound.
    It's more than equal to your own. It always amuses me that people who present pathetically inept arguments demand some sort of standard of counterargument that their own thought process can't even meet.

That said. My counterargument was succinct, accurate, factual, and leagues more profound than your initial one.

You're welcome.

I'd probably be highly skeptical. But let's add some context.

It's widely known among intelligence agencies that Russia has been attacking US cyber networks since Moonlight Maze. It's also widely known that Russia has been successful in recruiting assets within other countries (they're very good at this). They've also been using influence-operations for political gain for decades as well. Just look at what they did to Estonia.
    Err... what they did to Estonia? :/

See, these aren't new claims. It's the same old same old. The United States does it too. As do other countries.
    Obviously.

But among our intelligence agencies, there is absolutely no doubt that Russia is guilty. And it makes sense - we know that they want to carry out these types of operations. And really, they did a great job during the 2016 election.
    That all has nothing to do with supporting your last sentence.

Such claim just fits your mythology and thus doesn't elicit immediate denial - which is exactly why Clinton campaign used "Russian meddling" out of all available options to distract from content of emails - while simultaneously claiming that they contained nothing important, or hell, even had CNN anchor telling "you would be breaking law by looking at them yourself, you can only listen to us covering them" - quite ridiculous claim.

There is nothing sophisticated about it. Methods are both quite basic and well known.
    Could they do it? Sure.
    Did they do that? There is no way to tell yet. No investigation had actually concluded. It still could be some insider. Like Seth Rich.

Even "leaked" evidence from intelligence sources that gets mentioned here and there seems to be circumstantial - like some Russian agents saying "Putin has stuff ready for payback against Clinton!", not "here is who sent those emails to wikileaks from where and when".

If Putin wanted payback vs Clinton there are overt methods of spreading needed messages like RT, and willing living people susceptible to them. It is generally more effective that way too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more than equal to your own. It always amuses me that people who present pathetically inept arguments demand some sort of standard of counterargument that their own thought process can't even meet.

That said. My counterargument was succinct, accurate, factual, and leagues more profound than your initial one.

You're welcome.
    Typical of partisanship bias. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about it. Guess you're having a blast with the Trump administration? Maybe you should add some spice and start a nuclear war on top of it. Or better, a new cold war! Oh well, the US can be sooo boring sometime.

I enjoy my free healthcare very much. And we're still part of the TPP. Canada is wonderful.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, it did. Obama did not look like a typical afro-American. He did not give his birth certificate outright (which honestly, is utterly stupid to ask for) and he released it well beyond what these people deem as reasonable. He had anti-right views that challenged the catholic establishment.
    "Made sense on the surface" = "Convincing to highly uninformed and unintelligent people"

I'm not convinced that I'm right regarding Russia. I just know how to read declassified intelligence reports.
    Eat yo vegetables

Typical of partisanship bias. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about it. Guess you're having a blast with the Trump administration? Maybe you should add some spice and start a nuclear war on top of it. Or better, a new cold war! Oh well, the US can be sooo boring sometime.

I enjoy my free healthcare very much. And we're still part of the TPP. Canada is wonderful.
    I'll take this as your recognition of the absurdity of your initial argument.

Kudos, you're more self aware than I gave you credit for.

Well no. There's really no credible sources claiming that Russia stole the election for Trump.

But there are also no credible sources that deny the existence of a Russian cyberpropoganda/disinformation campaign that also took place during the 2016 election.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad the cry was "Trump and Russia worked together to steal the election" from day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Made sense on the surface" = "Convincing to highly uninformed and unintelligent people"

I'm not convinced that I'm right regarding Russia. I just know how to read declassified intelligence reports.
    Obama was a Muslim wasn't just something believed by unintelligent people, or uninformed. It was believed by people who wanted to believe it. A few highly successful, highly intelligent people believe in traps like astrology or fate. Likewise, a few religious people and republicans who are indeed intelligent fell for it. Like the Seth Rich story.

As for the declassified intelligence reports, that's a skill that not enough people have.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad the cry was "Trump and Russia worked together to steal the election" from day one.
    No credible source has made such a claim. There is an active investigation to determine the extent of any collusion, if any.

You're trying to dismiss legitimate claims of Russian interference by citing claims from conspiracy theorists on the internet.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama was a Muslim wasn't just something believed by unintelligent people, or uninformed. It was believed by people who wanted to believe it. A few highly successful, highly intelligent people believe in traps like astrology or fate. Likewise, a few religious people and republicans who are indeed intelligent fell for it. Like the Seth Rich story.

As for the declassified intelligence reports, that's a skill that not enough people have.
    What would Obama being Muslim mean? Why would there need to be an investigation into what religion the president abides bye? No, intelligent people never fell for the Muslim story, because even if true... there is nothing wrong with Obama being Muslim...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the best part about Russians "stealing" the election. It basically assumes every single person has been convinced to vote for not Hillary Clinton because of Russians. Even the people that voted for nobody.
    Again, analysts in the NSA and CIA have publicly testified on the specific targeting of voter groups in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin by the Russian cyber-misinformation campaign. So while you and I may have never seen it first hand, those populations in those regions, down to the counties, were inundated with false information, lies, conspiracy theories.

- - - Updated - - -

False equivalence. The Obama is a muslim meme, perpetuated by conservative "thought leaders" has no basis in fact, while a coordinated, multi-faceted strike on US citizens via social media, online publications, manipulation of advertising algorithms, and millions of fake forum profiles, FB profiles, disqus profiles to push a certain narrative, are completely based in fact from IC analysts testifying in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What would Obama being Muslim mean? Why would there need to be an investigation into what religion the president abides bye? No, intelligent people never fell for the Muslim story, because even if true... there is nothing wrong with Obama being Muslim...
    Unless you're on the bigoted right and you believe that Muslims are terrorists.

Which is exactly why the propaganda is so strong with Russia if you do indeed believe that Russia wants only to destroy the US.
    Google Diversity Memo

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're on the bigoted right and you believe that Muslims are terrorists.

Which is exactly why the propaganda is so strong with Russia if you do indeed believe that Russia wants only to destroy the US.
    So you believe that Russia meddled/attempted to meddle in our election to HELP us? Because the fact that they at least tried to meddle has been confirmed by multiple agencies, and TRUMP HIMSELF.

Your desperation to make this equivalent to "Obama is a Muslim" is sad.