Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    You hit a little on what I was saying but for the most part you missed it. My point was, PVE has no exclusive content, people are complaining about such. PVP HAS exclusive content and yet this is not a problem. If people DON"T want rewards removed than the solution is to make ALL PVP rewards available the next season to players (lets say for x amount of marks of honor). The problem right now is that this is not the case, so some PVE players at those high levels are feeling like they have no incentive to do the content when it is current because they can just do it later on and get the exact same rewards when it is trivial. This is not the case in PVP content when the rewards are handed out to the top players and then subsequently removed from the game.
    Well for my opposition, I have personally conceded that removal of the exclusive Mythic armor sets would be an acceptable change.

Most of the people here looking for "exclusivity" are not satisfied with that... they want something more.

To that end though... if you remove the rewards from content, it removes ANY reason for ever going back to it, and thus you should just remove it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what's more amazing than people caring what Ghostcrawler thinks?

Getting mad because people care what Ghostcrawler thinks. Good God, people, get ahold of yourselves.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Could we please stop listening to what he has to say? Why should his opinion be more important than that of any other ex-Blizzard employee? He likes something. Ok. Different people like different things. So sick of seeing his stuff on the frontpage, as if it has any relevance.

I really like GC and follow his tumblr and twitter. But yeah, MMOC constantly repeating what he says seems a little weird and overdone to me. I don't know what GC himself thinks of it but I doubt he's in favour of it. I doubt he wants to be the Official Ex-Blizzard Spokesperson for the rest of his life. Let him live, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Bullshit. If you get a raid set, you get the stats with it. People who get lower itemlevel items that use the same appearance don't get the same high stats.
    Unless you Titanforge it and oh look literally anyone, even Little Billy Never Raids can get 925 items.

OT: Some exclusivity is fine. Too much is not.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

As someone who has no-longer-obtainable stuff (warbear, MoP challenge phoenixes, WoD challenge mount, Kara event pet/axe, etc.), I'd be ok with opening them back up to other people. Granted, that's not entirely unselfish on my part, since that kind of system would likely allow me to get the Naxx-tier protos as well.

EDIT: and in regards to ghostcrawler and in the words of another former Blizz employee: "fuck that loser."
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-05-24 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    It is reason why i quit this game. I dont have anything to look foward to. Better gear and other rewards what will become absolote anyway in next exapsion. Wohoho such huge motivation for me to put hours into the game. Kappa.

Stuff that's hard to obtain is OK. Like Mythic skins and mounts.

Timed exclusives are much less so. Stuff like the CM class sets should be still available IMO. Give a title to those who obtained it during Mists or something, but these sets look too good to just rot in transmog hell. Same deal with PvP Elite sets. Make it so you have to do challenges to earn them again (for instance have over 2k rating before you can buy previous Elite sets) but don't just throw them into the bin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    And yet here you are on a forum dedicated to video games=double facepalm
    What has being on a forum dedicated to video games to do with prestige please?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Unless you Titanforge it and oh look literally anyone, even Little Billy Never Raids can get 925 items.

OT: Some exclusivity is fine. Too much is not.
    As long as the exclusivity is based on how good you are at the game, and not just how much time you spend on the RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Stuff that's hard to obtain is OK. Like Mythic skins and mounts.

Timed exclusives are much less so. Stuff like the CM class sets should be still available IMO. Give a title to those who obtained it during Mists or something, but these sets look too good to just rot in transmog hell. Same deal with PvP Elite sets. Make it so you have to do challenges to earn them again (for instance have over 2k rating before you can buy previous Elite sets) but don't just throw them into the bin.
    This lines up pretty well with my opinion. Once blizzard stops worrying about hurting the feelings of the special snowflakes who want to preserve their "prestige" forever, they can start making those cool xmog and mounts available again by locking them behind similar challenges. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they were locked behind harder challenges, so long as it was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    elemental's bad mechanics was never a problem of pvp balancing, in fact "just make the numbers bigger" bandaid fixing in pve usually made elemental pretty silly in pvp.
    Specifically, the auto-crit of Lava Burst if Flame Shock debuff was up caused all sorts of havoc in balancing PvE versus PvP. Hell, the devs even said that they were painted into a corner. They didn't want Eles to be Lightning Bolt machine guns, but due to PvP concerns, they couldn't amp up the dmg from Lava Burst. They tried tinkering with increasing the FS dmg and other things. By the end of Firelands, we got the 4pc which was stupidly overpowered as a set, but even that only got us to respectable. Without it, the spec was garbage and I know because I was posting world ranked parses on my Ele at the time.

So, actually, it was specifically the mechanics that were a problem. They didn't want us to be LB machine guns (like in BC if you got the Lightning Capacitator....woooweee, was that fun to spam those LBs and just light something up. Not the most exciting "rotation", but fun) and PvP basically hard capped Lava Burst dmg. As for Ele being allowed to be silly in PvP, well that'd last for a few nano-seconds until a mage got lit up by a big Lava Burst and then...hotfix nerf incoming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    You hit a little on what I was saying but for the most part you missed it. My point was, PVE has no exclusive content, people are complaining about such. PVP HAS exclusive content and yet this is not a problem. If people DON"T want rewards removed than the solution is to make ALL PVP rewards available the next season to players (lets say for x amount of marks of honor). The problem right now is that this is not the case, so some PVE players at those high levels are feeling like they have no incentive to do the content when it is current because they can just do it later on and get the exact same rewards when it is trivial. This is not the case in PVP content when the rewards are handed out to the top players and then subsequently removed from the game.
    PvE does not need exclusive content. Exclusivity is cancer for an MMO. It causes fragementation of your player base, and if it's too strongly fragmented, then you probably will not find enough people to share your special fragment of content with you. If they have to resort to CRZ, then you should know that the player base is already diminished. Fragmenting it with "exclusive" content is only worsening the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    As long as the exclusivity is based on how good you are at the game, and not just how much time you spend on the RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

This lines up pretty well with my opinion. Once blizzard stops worrying about hurting the feelings of the special snowflakes who want to preserve their "prestige" forever, they can start making those cool xmog and mounts available again by locking them behind similar challenges. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they were locked behind harder challenges, so long as it was possible.
    Titles for doing special achievements in current content is more than enough. It's a shame that they made MoP CM sets not available anyore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Titles for doing special achievements in current content is more than enough. It's a shame that they made MoP CM sets not available anyore.
    For you to say "titles are enough" is because you don't care about them and most people also don't care.
    Meaning is not a epic exclusive reward and brings incentive no one.

Exclusive rewards are suposed to make you go in a journey of self improvement to get the OH so much desired reward.
    Games are all about this quests.

Just as an example, in League of Legends millions of people are playing the game just to get a stupid boarder in the loading screen, one free skin and community respect. Is all about those 3 things.
    Ofcourse there is people who only play for fun BUT some play for those unique exclusive perks.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-05-24 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It is reason why i quit this game. I dont have anything to look foward to. Better gear and other rewards what will become absolote anyway in next exapsion. Wohoho such huge motivation for me to put hours into the game. Kappa.
    The prestige is getting it before others

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    For you to say "titles are enough" is because you don't care about them and most people also don't care.
    Meaning is not a epic exclusive reward and brings incentive no one.

Exclusive rewards are suposed to make you go in a journey of self improvement to get the OH so much desired reward.
    Except people just pay somebody to get it them... I payed 50k for people to carry me for the moose mount as did many

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Except people just pay somebody to get it them... I payed 50k for people to carry me for the moose mount as did many
    My opinion is splited on that one way of giving unique rewards ("do it one time and get it")
    I could say is bad game design...but i don't think it is...or maybe it is, i dont know.

Your ability to buy your way into the unique reward is really shady. But i don't have an opinion on that yet.
    It could make the game "pay to win".

Deleted
    My opinion is splited on that one way of giving unique rewards ("do it one time and get it")
    I could say is bad game design...but i don't think it is...or maybe it is, i dont know.

Your ability to buy your way into the unique reward is really shady. But i don't have an opinion on that yet.
    It could make the game "pay to win".
    It's always happened - guilds selling their services to boost people to run raids for items or achievements. If the mounts were available forever it would rarely happen but since Blizzard decide to stick stuff like mounts behind limited content then people will continue buying runs. I would have rather waited and solo the raid for the moose but since Blizzard removed that option I was limited to buying it for gold. IMO raid only items should be stats, achievements and titles NOT mounts or mogs

10+ Year Old Account
    The prestige is getting it before others
    It used to be prestige AND character progression, now you can just skip entire tiers and things in like 2 minutes/patch, feels pointless. That's one reason they changed the ak from 50 to 40, cuz people felt it was pointless playing now when 50 was gonna be 3322302030% faster
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always happened - guilds selling their services to boost people to run raids for items or achievements. If the mounts were available forever it would rarely happen but since Blizzard decide to stick stuff like mounts behind limited content then people will continue buying runs. I would have rather waited and solo the raid for the moose but since Blizzard removed that option I was limited to buying it for gold. IMO raid only items should be stats, achievements and titles NOT mounts or mogs
    By that logic lets remove PVP rewards like mounts and tmogs as well that way noone gets them and everyone can be "happy" right?
    Last edited by Divr; 2017-05-24 at 03:48 PM.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

I though exclusive was about having something many do not have. Whether it be a mount, loot, content etc.

Blizzard tried what you said with the legendary quests in MoP and WoD. Some people loved it. Others hated it because the "legendary" was no longer "legendary" when everyone can acquire it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Well, that has been the case since day 1 of the game, which was about a decade ago.

So why bring this as an issue at this time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I though exclusive was about having something many do not have. Whether it be a mount, loot, content etc.
    Yes, what makes the "quest of having the item" epic is that not many people have it. Nothing is able to be epic if everyone has it.

Prestige rewards are in every single game and is what makes people continue playing the game after the point of "casually having fun".
    That's why i think they are very important for a game.

I agree with GC completely. Now, I'm not certain GC is talking about randomly dropped mounts from high end raid bosses. I think exclusive titles (that were done away with, like Death's Demise) or the jackets that are given out to the top tier of players in LOL are much more akin to the kinds of rewards he is talking about.

These are things that are very prestigious to have and in limited supply so are VERY unlikely to be sold. Getting Death's Demise, for example, would have been very hard to do while carrying someone, even if you wanted to.

I have a lot of ideas to improve mythic raiding in the next xpac, and some of them involve bringing back these kind of rewards per server (after a needed server merge), which I believe would help with population distribution game wide and help to foster the idea of a server community once again. Imagine that the first guild to beat the end boss of each tier gets to put a screenshot up in the "Hall of champions" in the main city hub for the next xpac? It's a small reward (and definitely one of many ideas I have), but to the players who compete in end game raiding I think it's one they would value highly.
    Last edited by IceMan1763; 2017-05-24 at 04:36 PM.