Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That is subjective.

Some people just prefer to only do LFR and be done. They consider that they have done everything, because they don't care about something harder and feel like since they have killed the boss in LFR, it's dead in general.

Some people prefer to try something harder. They consider they have done everything only if they have killed every boss on mythic.

And, of course, there is everything in between. The difficulties exist so that you can do what you prefer/have time for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I agree, but to your point, these people have 0 (ZERO) room to complain about a "lack of content" then.
    I think the problem comes down to, people complain about ZERO CONTENTRAWRARARER but what they really need to be discussing is what's content to them and how to improve content for that specific sect of people. There's lots of content in legion, but its not content for everyone, however bitching that there is no content doesn't help.

I'd say heroic is. Normal doesn't have all the mechanics. Mythic has even more but the challenge is much higher and many will never complete it all.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think that if a player completes LFR and/or even Normal, then they have completed 100% of the raid content in an expansion?

Personally I don't think so. If you put the amount of raid content on a straight line and the line is raid content, and it is divided up by the difficulty levels, then id say a person who only completed LFR would have only completed maybe 5% of the raid content of an expansion.

Just as an example:

LFR = 5% completion
    Normal = 20% completion
    Heroic = 35% completion
    Mythic = 40% completion

If a player were to complete all of these difficulties, killing every boss, then they would be at 100% completion of the raid content in an expansion.

Do you agree / disagree?

So if a player only completes LFR and does heroic dungeons, have they really even nipped the surface of the expansion's content?
    If WoW was a console game I'd say your assessment is/would be correct as you would have a limited number of trophies/achievements for only completing one level of difficulty.

However, it isn't really Blizzard's intention that you use each difficulty as a level of "progression" which is why the model is... what it currently is, and why they moved away from the WotLK model.

Both yes and no.
    It's the same raid, with the same bosses after all.

Now, I have no intrest in LFR but on the other hand why would a player that only likes LFR go and play mythic?
    It's the same content with a few numbers changed and sure an extra ability here and there but still.

It always felt a bit cheap to me, to just add more difficulties and call it more content. It's not.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing raiders of different difficulties share in experience is the story, barring mythic players who get their special phase. Completing all the raid content of an expansion is to have completed all difficulties.
    The only thing an LFR player (And Normal and heroic people) is really missing out on is it being harder.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    LFR = Raid content, deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Both yes and no.
    It's the same raid, with the same bosses after all.

Now, I have no intrest in LFR but on the other hand why would a player that only likes LFR go and play mythic?
    It's the same content with a few numbers changed and sure an extra ability here and there but still.

It always felt a bit cheap to me, to just add more difficulties and call it more content. It's not.
    Its content designed for specific people:

LFR is designed for the story lovers and the super casual
    Norm is designed for the Casual and the F&F guilds
    Heroic is where you can start getting into organized raiding and some challenge
    Mythic is the organized raiding mode to the fullest, no cross realm, mostly only done by full guilds, doesn't necessarily require the "hardcore" but generally requires quite a bit more time investment then lower modes

You're only meant to really do 1 or 2 not all of them. A heroic only guild may do norm and heroic, a mythic guild may do heroic and mythic, but only the truly crazy would do all 4.

Whatever the highest difficulty you do is your content, everything else is either unreachable or trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes because a harder setting doesn't mean more content.

You killed the boss and saw the ending, Raid done.
    Make sure you only play Mario Kart on 50 CC then, since with that opinion it's pretty obvious that games never develop any depth as difficulty rises

It doesn't matter what you think. Who gives a fuck? Whatever people choose to do or not to do - why would it be of any relevance to them what you, me, or some other shmuck out there thinks about it? Grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    No, because LFR has less mechanics than the higher difficulties.
    It is still same bosses, same lore and same enviroment so yes it is same content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Mythic often has new phases and sometimes new bosses/added story to the last boss. Last boss on mythic, is a different world to the last boss in LFR. Content is far from the same.
    It isnt new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It is still same bosses, same lore and same enviroment so yes it is same content.
    It is an entirely different game though. At least it feels like an entirely different game. I just wish we had more solo stuff that required skills, if WoW had that I would be subscribed more often than I currently am (1-2 months after patches).

Deleted
    LFR is not raiding. It's a sightseeing tour in the dungeon.
    That's like saying that you are an artist like Leonardo da Vinci because you repainted your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

Mythic is the organized raiding mode to the fullest, no cross realm, mostly only done by full guilds, doesn't necessarily require the "hardcore" but generally requires quite a bit more time investment then lower modes

You're only meant to really do 1 or 2 not all of them. A heroic only guild may do norm and heroic, a mythic guild may do heroic and mythic, but only the truly crazy would do all 4.

Whatever the highest difficulty you do is your content, everything else is either unreachable or trivial.
    Indeed, that was in a way what I meant.
    You do the version that fits you but I would still say you've done the current raid if you're done with the version you like.

Telling someone that they still have content left becuase they haven't done mythic seems... odd.

Deleted
    Someone who only does LFR doesn't enjoy raiding
    thats not necessarily the case. i enjoy raiding, but at this moment in time i cant be arsed & LFR does me just fine.

Deleted

Reason why i stoped mythic raiding is beocuse of LFR. I dont see point speding hours in progress raid just to see exact same bosses, enviroment and story. Back in Glory days ofc vannila and TBC i went into raids becouse i wanted to see content what i have never seen befor. This kind of drive is gone for me becouse of LFR and other difficulty levels.

Deleted
    LOL @ the elitist comments

to those saying it's same content, just watch videos on youtube and don't pay the sub fee, LFR is literally watching a video online, if you don't think so i'm sorry your IQ is so low you found LFR any sort of challenge.

i haven't played dark souls, but to those who say LFR is completing content i've watched people play dark souls on streams so i have also completed the game without buying it, thats real value for money.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think that if a player completes LFR and/or even Normal, then they have completed 100% of the raid content in an expansion?

Personally I don't think so. If you put the amount of raid content on a straight line and the line is raid content, and it is divided up by the difficulty levels, then id say a person who only completed LFR would have only completed maybe 5% of the raid content of an expansion.

Just as an example:

LFR = 5% completion
    Normal = 20% completion
    Heroic = 35% completion
    Mythic = 40% completion

If a player were to complete all of these difficulties, killing every boss, then they would be at 100% completion of the raid content in an expansion.

Do you agree / disagree?

So if a player only completes LFR and does heroic dungeons, have they really even nipped the surface of the expansion's content?
    I disagree. LFR and Normal are beginner difficulties. Heroic is a medium level, with Mythic being the true raid difficulty.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    LFR is not raiding. It's a sightseeing tour in the dungeon.
    That's like saying that you are an artist like Leonardo da Vinci because you repainted your room.
    Well you get to see same paiting so yes you are.