Quote Originally Posted by wexr View Post
    in which patch note? Can't seem to find.
    They havent done the tuning phase yet, my point.

The new leg ring got stats now. Maybe will be better now with having both vigor and deeper strat instead of wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They havent done the tuning phase yet, my point.
    you know how many classes have once said this and proceed to get absolutely nothing on patch day?

Not saying it will happen here, but don't wait till the last moment to voice your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    you know how many classes have once said this and proceed to get absolutely nothing on patch day?

Not saying it will happen here, but don't wait till the last moment to voice your concern.
    You're welcome to voice your concerns on more official sources to try promote change but I personally wouldnt bother, blizzard have shown countless times they only do their own thing. But of course there will be tuning phases, One closer to tomb and then likely 1 or 2 more a few weeks after Tombs release and they have the data. They have been doing it all expansion no reason to think they will stop now.

You're welcome to voice your concerns on more official sources to try promote change but I personally wouldnt bother, blizzard have shown countless times they only do their own thing. But of course there will be tuning phases, One closer to tomb and then likely 1 or 2 more a few weeks after Tombs release and they have the data. They have been doing it all expansion no reason to think they will stop now.
    windwalkers would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    windwalkers would like to have a word with you.

Windwalkers have been pretty strong in dungeons and pvp. Sorry they haven't been topping single target damage either. Can act all doom and gloom and blizzard could do a better job, but I've never felt weak on my assassin rogue this expansion and dont really expect that to change with AP removal. Exsang had several nerfs and we moved to AP. AP is gone we'll move to something else. And the numbers wont magically disappear forever because the aura tweaking of classes is pretty easy if blizz actually get off their ass and do it

There is always a tuning patch. Focus on things other than straight damage at this point in the PTR. Voicing your concerns about damage is like bitching that a car doesn't go fast enough before the wheels have been put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    There is always a tuning patch. Focus on things other than straight damage at this point in the PTR. Voicing your concerns about damage is like bitching that a car doesn't go fast enough before the wheels have been put on.

Fire mage? unholy dk at beginning of expac? Both got heavily nerfed with spell changes and completely ignored till much later. Actually, I'm not sure if they have ever stopped ignoring unholy dk as I've drop that class this expo.

You could prob dig up some months old thread with response that is exactly same as yours.

There are also multiple example of these in other specs or prior expansions, I'd name specifics if my memory weren't so bad.

Not saying it will happen to assa rogue, but I'm playing it safe and getting my mage ready.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2017-05-24 at 08:00 AM.

Fire mage? unholy dk at beginning of expac? Both got heavily nerfed with spell changes and completely ignored till much later. Actually, I'm not sure if they have ever stopped ignoring unholy dk as I've drop that class this expo.

You could prob dig up some months old thread with response that is exactly same as yours.

There are also multiple example of these in other specs or prior expansions, I'd name specifics if my memory weren't so bad.

Not saying it will happen to assa rogue, but I'm playing it safe and getting my mage ready.
    Yet again, this does not, in any way, discredit the fact that they will have a tuning pass. They may have missed the mark on tuning the specs you listed, but they still had and will have a tuning pass. Every time. Which means the damage that you see now is in no way reflective of the final patch version. They might fuck up the tuning pass and the spec will be gutted, but that has literally no bearing on what the damage is like now. They are unrelated. Entirely. In every way. 100%. Damage right now on the PTR matters less than points on Whose Line is it Anyways? Capisce?

To reiterate, once again, stop treating the dps of classes on the PTR as though that is where they will end up. They will not end up there since they have not done a tuning pass yet. The tuning pass may fuck things up, but they will for sure change things.

Yet again, this does not, in any way, discredit the fact that they will have a tuning pass. They may have missed the mark on tuning the specs you listed, but they still had and will have a tuning pass.
    Their tuning pass comes too late more often than not, and that means people getting benched, sometimes leaving the game because they played the "wrong spec" in a WoW universe defined by cookie cutter rules.

But hey what did you expect coming from the D3 team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post
    Their tuning pass comes too late more often than not, and that means people getting benched, sometimes leaving the game because they played the "wrong spec" in a WoW universe defined by cookie cutter rules.

The tuning pass happens at the end of the PTR cycle. I am not referring to hotfixes. And if you expect the game to be perfectly balanced at all times, I suggest you play something other than an MMO. Objectively balance is currently better than it ever has been once you put emotions aside.

edit: oh look, tuning. 11% buff across the board.
    Last edited by Hobbes0773; 2017-05-24 at 05:47 PM.

The Empty Crown
    Item Level 910
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped: Legion Legendary (1)
    Head
    Leather

326 Armor
    +2,382 Agility
    +3,573 Stamina
    +796 Critical Strike
    +919 Mastery
    Classes: Rogue

Equip: Kingsbane generates 50 Energy over 5 sec.
    Requires Level 101

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151815/the-empty-crown

new legendary

Considering Tomb of Sargeras only has terirbly intemized helms for Sins, it might be a good idea to use the new legendary helm since its perfectly itemized, its power seens to be alright too, we use Kingsbane a lot, that will generate a truckload of energy.

The new Toxic Blades seen less shitty but I doubt itll trumph Alacricity, it still depends on you procing poison bombs on the right time, np with an 11% blanket buff across the board we should do a little bit more damage after 7.2.5 hits than we do now, and quite frankly Alacricity makes the spec much more fun to play since you cut the sitting on your toes energy pooling time down by a lot. The problem is scalling since AP was what made us scale so well with mastery and with it gone we might lag behind later on the tier.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-05-24 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Considering Tomb of Sargeras only has terirbly intemized helms for Sins, it might be a good idea to use the new legendary helm since its perfectly itemized, its power seens to be alright too, we use Kingsbane a lot, that will generate a truckload of energy.

The new Toxic Blades seen less shitty but I doubt itll trumph Alacricity, it still depends on you procing poison bombs on the right time, np with an 11% blanket buff across the board we should do a little bit more damage after 7.2.5 hits than we do now, and quite frankly Alacricity makes the spec much more fun to play since you cut the sitting on your toes energy pooling time down by a lot. The problem is scalling since AP was what made us scale so well with mastery and with it gone we might lag behind later on the tier.
    That legendary seems awful. You think it seems good? 50 energy every 30 seconds or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    That legendary seems awful. You think it seems good? 50 energy every 30 seconds or so?
    Combined with boots and cof its a large gain in energy gen, though at the cost of shoulders.

the 2 new legendaries are looking to really shake up the list though.

While it's probably not as good for raw power as boots/bracers/shoulders, it will probably make the plate juggling (managing your energy for all your cooldowns while refreshing things) a little easier to manage. It will require a little less coordination to make sure you're getting in good KB's when you effectively get an extra Mutilate's worth of CP to spend on keeping up envenom/surge.

So, probably less DPS, but better feeling rotation with it.

I dunno it amounts to a lot of energy on the end of the fight, I didn't make the math to see how much that translates to damage, and we do have to factor in the fact that we either get it for the stats or were stuck with some very poorly itemized helms (or we hope we get lucky on M+s), that has to go in when youre comparing legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJones View Post
    While it's probably not as good for raw power as boots/bracers/shoulders, it will probably make the plate juggling (managing your energy for all your cooldowns while refreshing things) a little easier to manage. It will require a little less coordination to make sure you're getting in good KB's when you effectively get an extra Mutilate's worth of CP to spend on keeping up envenom/surge.

So, probably less DPS, but better feeling rotation with it.
    Wich translates to never use it, learn to play well without the crutches. But my whole point is based on how much the secondary may or may not influence the decision due to not realy having a good alternative for the head slot in Tomb. And shoulders are also loosing a lot of its value without 4p t19, maybe boots as welll since we don't know what we gona do with our CoFs ?
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-05-24 at 09:58 PM.

bracer is going to be the absolute bis.

with us using deadly poison + toxic blade plus aura buff to 22%.

it will destroy everything by a large margin.

edit: oh look, tuning. 11% buff across the board.
    Now this obviously changes everything, considering the loss of AP was sim'ed as a 10% dps loss.

With the changes to TB and this buff, we might actually gain some DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post

if you're in a guild where being the best spec ever actually matters, then you've already prepared 2-3 specs by the time ToS comes out, so yeah..
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-24 at 11:23 PM.