Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    to those saying it's same content, just watch videos on youtube and don't pay the sub fee, LFR is literally watching a video online, if you don't think so i'm sorry your IQ is so low you found LFR any sort of challenge.

i haven't played dark souls, but to those who say LFR is completing content i've watched people play dark souls on streams so i have also completed the game without buying it, thats real value for money.
    Yep becouse play game and watch game are same thing right? Kappa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's a you problem, not a game problem.
    Actualy it is game problem not giving me inciative to play on higher difficulty levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yep becouse play game and watch game are same thing right? Kappa.
    lol saw this kind of reply coming, it's cute you thinking you're fighting anything than a glorified target dummy in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching something and actually taking part in something are incredibly different things.
    what are you taking part of in LFR? beating a target dummy that doesn't do anything? wow i can do that in my garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
    It all depends on what your personal goals are, I don't see why I should be bothered with what other people find worth doing with their time.
    Yes it all depends on personal goals. It's okay if people only want to do LFR, so long as they understand that they haven't really done or accomplished anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think that if a player completes LFR and/or even Normal, then they have completed 100% of the raid content in an expansion?

Personally I don't think so. If you put the amount of raid content on a straight line and the line is raid content, and it is divided up by the difficulty levels, then id say a person who only completed LFR would have only completed maybe 5% of the raid content of an expansion.

Just as an example:

LFR = 5% completion
    Normal = 20% completion
    Heroic = 35% completion
    Mythic = 40% completion

If a player were to complete all of these difficulties, killing every boss, then they would be at 100% completion of the raid content in an expansion.

Do you agree / disagree?

So if a player only completes LFR and does heroic dungeons, have they really even nipped the surface of the expansion's content?
    every time i read a forum post like that i become more convinced that some player cannot really understand that wow is just an hobby and less than 0,1% are interested in hardmode, mythic, survival or any other extreme mode.

Yes once you kill lfr boss you are done if that is the endgame you are choosing
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

They saw 100% of the story and content, minus any dumb mythic-only story bits, but they haven't completed 100% of the content, no. There's a difference between seeing everything and experiencing all versions of it.

LFR is a blight on this game. Make it normal and Heroic mode instead. Having four difficulties is asinine

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this topic and said aloud "Jaylock topic?" as I clicked it.

I wasn't disappointed.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Yes it all depends on personal goals. It's okay if people only want to do LFR, so long as they understand that they haven't really done or accomplished anything.
    and who decide how much i've accomplished? and is there really something to accomplish in a game? And why someone should care?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    to those saying it's same content, just watch videos on youtube and don't pay the sub fee, LFR is literally watching a video online, if you don't think so i'm sorry your IQ is so low you found LFR any sort of challenge.

i haven't played dark souls, but to those who say LFR is completing content i've watched people play dark souls on streams so i have also completed the game without buying it, thats real value for money.

Come on. LFR might be brain-dead easy compared to higher difficulties, but it's completely different from watching a video online. Even a basic level of interaction makes it more fun than watching a video, even with little risk of failure.

15+ Year Old Account
    If u feel ur "done with the game" after doing LFR ,dont come bitching a week later saying its non more content to do
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I do Normal heroic and Mythic but not lfr? Why does this matter anyway? People aren't going to do content they don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Come on. LFR might be brain-dead easy compared to higher difficulties, but it's completely different from watching a video online. Even a basic level of interaction makes it more fun than watching a video, even with little risk of failure.
    not really i'd rather watch a heroic/mythic kill than take part in LFR any day of the week, i mean i actually watch every world first kill to see how impressive it is, but i never run LFR. i might of run it twice this xpac? i've watched 3 world first videos O.o

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    and who decide how much i've accomplished? and is there really something to accomplish in a game? And why someone should care?
    No one should really care. What decides what there is to accomplished is actually all the available things to do in the game. Like a game on PS4, to 100% it you have to finish in all difficulties (or at least the hardest one), then you can say you have 100% the game. However, you can say you have finished it by just going thru the story/campaign once to experience it. That's perfectly fine, the problem here is not what people decide to do with their time, it's when people think they have accomplished as much when it fact they did not.

Finishing something in a game is an accomplishment. That's what the word means, it's not only for hard stuff in life, small accomplishments count too, but they are just that, small.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Actualy it is game problem not giving me inciative to play on higher difficulty levels.
    During Vanilla and TBC what incentive was there to continue raiding after you cleared the instance for the first time?
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

And that just shows that you're not the target audience of LFR. People don't seem to understand, years later, that maybe LFR wasn't meant for them.

But fuck anyone that doesn't do the things you find acceptable, right?
    nothing to do with they can't do LFR just it's not completing content it's watching a video but OMG you're in it wow look you're doing "useful things" to harmless bosses woooo endorphins!

many people say "what does it matter what other people play"

well it matters because alot of people more and more are sick of having to be on time on raid days and its killing many guilds

already many people left Mythic, many others will do at max Heroic and at least on my server more and more people are simply "I'm done" when they do Normal mode

5man Mythic+ loot even pushed more this, why bother to wipe days on bosses in Mythic or even heroic end bosses when they could be with out with friends? especially now entering Summer? they already saw the end boss on normal or LFR, why bother with more when 5man mythic+ is alot more fun and different each week with the affixs?

so i would say (again from my server) will be for now ( guessed %, just for stating a point )
    mythic: 4%
    heroic: 30%
    normal: 50%
    LFR and mythic+ only: 26%

in EN/Tov it was around
    mythic: 10%
    heroic: 60%
    normal: 20%
    LFR and mythic+ only: 10%

so ya we will see on ToS but at least on my server is a trend of more and more players doing less difficulty and not dealing with guilds wipes on higher difficulty's

LFR is tourist mode -- you aren't actually raiding -- it doesn't count for shit.

Each difficulty is designed for a different type of player and there is no need to do more than 1 unless your raiding mythic in which case you do heroic first but for me it's not extra content as I've already seen the raid there is no point for me in wasting more time doing it again for thr same rewards with a higher ilvl

It depends on what you define as "completing the content".

Technically? No, in order to 100% complete everything you need to clear mythic NH and EN. However that's not realistic as different people have different comfort zones for gameplay and not everyone is going to realistically do that.

I don't think it's sensible or fair to say that someone has barely stepped into an expansion if they've fully cleared the difficulty they feel like they're comfortable with. Why? Because that's the way the game is currently designed and Blizzard has to reap what they sow in that regard. If you create a raid dungeon that can be cleared by a seven year old child in one evening then the repercussion is that the raid is going to be quickly and rapidly consumed. I can't fault anyone for not being interested in doing the same thing on four levels of difficulty, or even three at that rate.

If I was forced to choose a percent number like OP did for how much an LFR clearer has right to criticize "lack of content" or any other such things, I'd say they're 70% within their right. They saw the raid, Normal offers very little more and heroic is likely out of many players' interest range when it comes to personal investment in raiding.