Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    How can we be certain?

I don't see why. Their designers should be focusing on the next expansion. We got plenty of skins already. If anything i'd like to see them lax a bit the requirements on some.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i REALLY give a fuck on artifact wpns skins. and if i didnt, they are useles after Legion anyway.
    I am pretty sure Devs stated that you will be able to trasmog the Artifact Skin into normal Weapons even if they don't match (for example, you will be able to trasmog the 2 handed Pala Artifact mace if you wield a classic Mace and Shield from next expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Id say that's the WoW community overall and not just the MMO champ community.

Have you ever been to the WoW forums? You can make a thread about cinnamon rolls and somehow somebody will find a way to blame Blizzard and hate on them for their cinnamon roll not having enough cinnamon.
    This isn't germane to Blizzard or even video games. It happens in sports talk radio a ton as well. If you listen to local sports talk for ANY city, the callers that call in just complain about EVERYTHING about the team. I remember I used to listen daily. If the home sports team went on a huge winning streak, the phone lines during the postgame call in show were absolutely DEAD. No one would call in to talk about the team (because it was on a huge winning streak so there was nothing to complain about). What was hilarious is that when the win streak ended with ONE loss, the next post game call in show was PACKED with callers, all wanting to rage about EVERYTHING.

Its just how people are.

And this isn't to say that its not bad on the other side as well. There's plenty of media types that will endlessly defend the sports team NO MATTER WHAT because they have a vested interest in its success (as a career, job or hobby).

I see a lot of the exact same patterns in the video game community. The fans overall will complain about everything. The people who run fansites and even the moderators swing the other way and mostly defend the product no matter how bad it is. The shocking thing would be to actually have balance between one side or the other. Its usually all biased all the way around.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Beast mastery: Probably something felhound related.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Id say that's the WoW community overall and not just the MMO champ community.

Have you ever been to the WoW forums? You can make a thread about cinnamon rolls and somehow somebody will find a way to blame Blizzard and hate on them for their cinnamon roll not having enough cinnamon.
    Making me hungry now.
    Damn you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    How can we be certain?

I don't see why. Their designers should be focusing on the next expansion. We got plenty of skins already. If anything i'd like to see them lax a bit the requirements on some.
    i dont see how people like you exist, if this was any other expansion and someone was like "there should be no transmogs in the next raid" people would call them idiots.

7.3 is a new raid tier, were gonna get a new transmog

- - - Updated - - -

whats next? there should be no new tier in argus either?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

2 comments in and its completely off track from the main topic... imagine that.
    Anyways, Shadow Priest I would love a much larger dagger you can actually see, lots of green fel power in it and an OH tome with Sargeras face on it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i REALLY give a fuck on artifact wpns skins. and if i didnt, they are useles after Legion anyway.
    This is where your wrong. Blizzard has already stated that when Legion ends any artifact skin you have UNLOCKED you will be given as a transmog you can use in the future. That means those you have not unlocked will forever be unavailable to you when the next expac launches. So if you want them, start putting in the effort now otherwise your SOL when your artifact goes away.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

For the Ret Pala skin I want a 2H sword made of a material similar to the T6/T20 shoulders. I want it to have the same glowing effect and be made of several glowing plate blocks and it could have the Naaru heart iconic for The Ashbringer somewhere in the middle.

They would also have to come up with new Guardian/Feral forms as well and that takes a lot of time.

Deleted
    Give me a GIANT GREEN HAMMER OF THE NAARU ANYDAY!

Prot I can give or take whatever it is, but if they let me mog my 2h holy weapon into a shield and 1h, I would be over the moon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont see how people like you exist, if this was any other expansion and someone was like "there should be no transmogs in the next raid" people would call them idiots.

7.3 is a new raid tier, were gonna get a new transmog

- - - Updated - - -

whats next? there should be no new tier in argus either?
    Wow... you have a knack for the dramatic. Should try an acting career.

Game development, just like any project manager will tell you is about allocating resources for different tasks. We have lots of skins available, more than we normally would at this point in other expansions. I don't see why it should be a priority to make new artifact skins for each spec in the game on a patch. It takes a herculean effort. You are talking about designing 30 new weapon models in a single patch when players already have a huge array available to them. This will cost on other parts of the game that could be developed instead.

So... maybe you should think before talking nonsense.

Deleted
    Off the top of my head...

Ret paladin: Vindicator themed mace. Seeing as a lot of other classes have access to different weapon types for their appearance (warriors, hunters etc) and it's on Argus it might make sense.

Wow... you have a knack for the dramatic. Should try an acting career.

Game development, just like any project manager will tell you is about allocating resources for different tasks. We have lots of skins available, more than we normally would at this point in other expansions. I don't see why it should be a priority to make new artifact skins for each spec in the game on a patch. It takes a herculean effort. You are talking about designing 30 new weapon models in a single patch when players already have a huge array available to them. This will cost on other parts of the game that could be developed instead.

So... maybe you should think before talking nonsense.
    no we dont, each class only has access to a handful of new weapons, usually theres many more available to them. if theres no new artifact appearance than that means no new transmogs for them next raid.

making a weapon is nowhere near as hard as making a tier set for every class. blizzard does this all the time. the hardest one is probably the druid forms but those can be used as assets in other or future parts of the game.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I think would be nice more Ashbringer skins that is a ashbringer still, like the one we already get, because we cant get more in another expansion, our time is now

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    we already have some dagger skins the size of a sword
    Yeah, but WoW daggers have been the size of swords in other MMOs since vanilla. It just goes with the aesthetic. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banthare View Post
    Arms could get a Broxigar look a like axe.
    The one they use in the scenario is the Betrayer of Humanity and you can get it from Naxx25 off KT.

- - - Updated - - -

How can we be certain?

I'm not saying we can be certain, but I am saying that I would feel comfortable placing a $500 bet with you that they'll introduce more weapon models. PM me if you want to make it happen, they have sites that can do a holding. :-)

And we don't have plenty of skins, we have plenty of tints.

In general the overall number of skins produced are about equal - if not greater - than the number made for prior expansions when they had to produce a skin simply because a weapon was dropping. However because of things like theme and knowing that they'd only need to produce - oh let's say 7, maybe 8 skins per weapon - they could really concentrate on doing so and probably have most of them hidden away in the game files somewhere already.

Either way it just makes sense that they'd have the extra skins floating around somewhere or are just working on them now. It's just a shame that so few classes have really iconic weapons to fall back on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They would also have to come up with new Guardian/Feral forms as well and that takes a lot of time.
    They do, but at the same time they don't because they can skimp on a few parts of the assetting. For example the new Werebear form for Guardians doesn't have a special dance and if you do /roar it plays the sound of your character roaring rather than a bear roar and it doesn't even seem to have an emote where it will beat on their chest.

Meanwhile they can easily take their existing bear rig and apply a fel-rotted bear skin over it or maybe even an Elekk skin. That would be cool and a nice call to Argus. Maybe have Feral form turn you into a neat Warpstalker?

Do remember too that they've been working on art assets since before HFC was out probably have a year or so to Argus dropping. So plenty of time to flex artistic muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you.. you hope that there are no new weapon models in the next major raid patch?
    We were already told the artifact skins in the datafiles were for the entire expansion, like, when 7.0 launched.

The 7.2 ones were already in the files, except for the bear druid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    We were already told the artifact skins in the datafiles were for the entire expansion, like, when 7.0 launched.
    no, no we werent. they said artifact skins would be added over time and some were already in the game but unobtainable.

i want a lazer gun with complete pew pew sound affects and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    If it makes you feel better I'd say Outlaw should get a slimmer saber model, but I don't really have any ideas on daggers for Assassination or Subtlety - and they have to be daggers unfortunately as that's all the transmog rules will allow.
    So far we have a rapier type, hook type, and falchion type, and a massive spike in Thunderfury. I feel like they have the majority of sword styles covered with the exception of maybe a thin long sword or katana style?

As far as Daggers there are plenty of things they could do with those. Something like the flame glaives Havoc got or some similar style ethereal blade style.