Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    If you put the value of your dog beneath that of your child you're not human.
    What............?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If I have a million dollars, six houses and 5 luxury cars - then it wouldn't be rational at all to sell a beloved dog.
    If you are struggling for money - then it would be irrational to keep the dog.
    Sure, agreed. What's there to discuss about that scenario?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    I can certainly understand why you may feel that way. People can be pretty shitty. Dogs usually have nothing but love for you. But that's because they are simpler creatures. They don't require much. Humans may need more, but they can also do a hell of a lot more.

I get it though. It would be difficult to argue that Adolf Hitler's life is more important than any dog's life. But your average human has far more worth in this world than any dog.
    Have you met the average person in this day and age? Content merely to sit on their thumbs in relative comfort instead of pushing out like their forbears did. A generation looking for something to rage and lash out at so they choose themselves. A people whom believe themselves heroes while the world burns around them and they do slightly more/less than nothing to arrest it.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What............?
    *above

What, what? Fairly obvious.
    You're moral stance is inhuman
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-05-24 at 05:27 PM.

Sure, agreed. What's there to discuss about that scenario?
    Well - it may surprise you, but there are other people in this public thread other than you and I

Just because I quote your response and reply with something does not infer I am doing anything other than furthering a public discussion.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You got to be crazy not to take that deal. You can go get yourself a new damn dog. Same kind if you want!

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Content merely to sit on their thumbs in relative comfort instead of pushing out like their forbears did.
    Seems like you haven't met the average person in this day and age... lol

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    Depends what he was going to do with the dog. I would take it as long as the dog had a good standard of living, at least equal to what I could provide, I'd be sad and I would grieve but the dog would get over me and I'd get a new dog eventually. I currently have an 11 week old GSD, had my last one until he was 12.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like you haven't met the average person in this day and age... lol
    Bitch I work retail. I've seen more average humanity than a lot ever will. Humans are despicable creatures, wretches almost to the last. They'll pitch a screaming fit over a ten cent bag when they're purchasing 300 dollars worth of shit they don't need. They'll berate a girl into tears over their own fuck ups. The average person is worth less than the paperwork detailing their existence. You could drop over 1 billion off the face of the earth and it would likely be a slightly improved place.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    *above

What, what? Fairly obvious.
    Well it said beneath. And secondly, I have never argued anything on the contrary. I would not put a dog above my child. I still wouldn't sell my dog for 100k.

See, for example, if my whole (human) family is at risk of dying and I could somehow save only one of them, I could immediately pick a certain one of them over the others. It doesn't mean I don't love the rest of them, I just love that person more. It also doesn't mean that I would ever sell anyone in my family for money, not even the dogs.

You can love people on varying degrees, some more than others. But I would never sell anyone I love for 100k.

This doesn't mean my dogs are above my children.

Mind blown?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Bitch I work retail. I've seen more average humanity than a lot ever will.
    Well that explains it - you have a strongly reinforced bias. You have seen a poofteenth of nothing of humanity, you have seen someone trying to get lunch and a new pair of shoes in the 30 minute break that their wealthy employer lets them take whilst they work 60 hours a week to feed their kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shii I'd sell both my cats for 100 bucks and a chobani flip top yogurt.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that explains it - you have a strongly reinforced bias. You have seen a poofteenth of nothing of humanity, you have seen someone trying to get lunch and a new pair of shoes in the 30 minute break that their wealthy employer lets them take whilst they work 60 hours a week to feed their kids.
    ah, so you're the be all end all of humanity then? because you're kind of a douchebag. I'd gladly sell you off to whatever horrible fate before I even gave a single thought to handing over my dog.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-05-24 at 05:34 PM.

This is my dog, there are many like it. But this one is mine.

Money may buy another dog, or many other dogs.
    But they will never replace that one.
    No dog ever will ever replace another, they each have their own spot.

Specific family members on the other hand.
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”
    - Mark Twain.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-24 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

ah, so you're the be all end all of humanity then?
    No, neither you or I am... however I am reasonable aware of rational reasonable thinking.

because you're kind of a douchebag. I'd gladly sell you off to whatever horrible fate before I even gave a single thought to handing over my dog.
    Something you demonstrated you were not capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    According to who?
    Well, I don't really have any evidence for that. So I guess we have my word and that's about it. And that's probably not worth that much considering my lack of qualifications on the matter.

Maybe "a sign of loneliness and a general disconnect from humanity" isn't quite right. But I'd say it's probably at least true that it can be a sign of loneliness.

I did find this article which I thought was interesting:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...h-more-persons

Basically they conclude that people's brains will react to the "save the human or save the animal" scenario with either a part of the brain they think relates more to emotion or a part of the brain they think relates more to cold logic. The cold logic part of the brain will choose the human and the emotional part tends to choose the animal.

Not really any surprises there. Just sort of confirms what most people probably already thought. Also, no surprise that women react with the emotional part of their brain more often.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you met the average person in this day and age? Content merely to sit on their thumbs in relative comfort instead of pushing out like their forbears did. A generation looking for something to rage and lash out at so they choose themselves. A people whom believe themselves heroes while the world burns around them and they do slightly more/less than nothing to arrest it.
    Mhmm... It sort of sounds like you hate humanity. Is this about your love for pets or does your apparent hatred for humanity have something to do with it?

My dogs? No.

I would however sell any number of posters on this forum for a cheap $5 hamburger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...h-more-persons

Basically they conclude that people's brains will react to the "save the human or save the animal" scenario with either a part of the brain they think relates more to emotion or a part of the brain they think relates more to cold logic. The cold logic part of the brain will choose the human and the emotional part tends to choose the animal.

Not really any surprises there. Just sort of confirms what most people probably already thought. Also, no surprise that women react with the emotional part of their brain more often.
    Well that sounds more like basically the opposite to what you said. I'd imply that a cold logic response is more of a sign of "loneliness and disconnect from humanity" than an emotional one.

ah, so you're the be all end all of humanity then? because you're kind of a douchebag. I'd gladly sell you off to whatever horrible fate before I even gave a single thought to handing over my dog.

infracted - minor flaming
    Yes... I think we're starting to get a pretty clear picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think love of animals can help people bridge over to empathy for humans. Like, I think animal training programs in jails / prisons is a really good thing. Gets prisoners to learn to care for another living thing.

I dont really think its so simple as only caring for animals over humans. Could easily just be a way to cope with something and the animal helps them bring them back to societal norms.