Angry ToS Relics and how frustrating it can be

Is anyone else a little frustrated that there is only one Master Assassin relic throughout all of Tomb? I still wonder to this day why relics just don't work like gems and you can insert a relic to any trait, the idea of Blizzard Pigeon holding which relics we get in a raid kinda drives me crazy.

Not really. Vault has 2 brh has one. And more. Gonna be doing these dungeons until ilvl 9000 so i dont see much of an issue. Not much different than poorly itemized weapon drops imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    Not really. Vault has 2 brh has one. And more. Gonna be doing these dungeons until ilvl 9000 so i dont see much of an issue. Not much different than poorly itemized weapon drops imo.
    I mean, that's fair and all but it's quite tedious, especially relying on titanforging or pugging other peoples keys. Like right now, there's two in NH which is great, one is base 900 and other is 905, M+ 10 caps at 890 which will be the problem we'll have in ToS even more being that we now need (guessing relic priority stays the same) two from M+ to titanforge to keep up with ilvls in ToS, just gets annoying.

Correct me if I'm wrong though as well, but I don't believe any other class relies on relics traits more than rogues, which is really the root of this complaint.
    Last edited by Discostick; 2017-05-24 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Discostick View Post
    I mean, that's fair and all but it's quite tedious, especially relying on titanforging or pugging other peoples keys. Like right now, there's two in NH which is great, one is base 900 and other is 905, M+ 10 caps at 890 which will be the problem we'll have in ToS even more being that we now need (guessing relic priority stays the same) two from M+ to titanforge to keep up with ilvls in ToS, just gets annoying.

Correct me if I'm wrong though as well, but I don't believe any other class relies on relics traits more than rogues, which is really the root of this complaint.
    That last part is probably difficult to quantify; however, M+15 will have a higher base after Tomb's release. Also, weapon item level is less relevant than getting the correct relic, so really it's trading one frustration for another.

15+ Year Old Account
    They work exactly like gems when they had colored socket, i guess most people don't remember those.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    They work exactly like gems when they had colored socket, i guess most people don't remember those.
    except gems didnt really affect quality of life
    having less CD on adrush
    or less CD on vendetta, or cheaper spells, etc (especially if it makes it sync with stuff) is much more important AND NOTICABLE than small amount of secondary stat
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-24 at 05:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    except gems didnt really affect quality of life
    having less CD on adrush
    or less CD on vendetta, or cheaper spells, etc (especially if it makes it sync with stuff) is much more important AND NOTICABLE than small amount of secondary stat
    Yeah maybe but with my luck : More dodge chance Titanforged to 910.. thanks Blizz

I think it's terribly balanced for sub, having 2 different dodge relics, a backstab one (which equal to 1-3% of our total dps and drop from KJ yay, the highest Ilvl relic you can get in ToS) and having them drop in raids, its just plain retarded.

Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2017-05-24 at 09:28 PM.

I mean i dont like grinding vault for my entire life either but such is legion dude. Half the other specs are the same with priority relic traits vs ilvl.

Yeah maybe but with my luck : More dodge chance Titanforged to 910.. thanks Blizz

I think it's terribly balanced for sub, having 2 different dodge relics, a backstab one (which equal to 1-3% of our total dps and drop from KJ yay, the highest Ilvl relic you can get in ToS) and having them drop in raids, its just plain retarded.

Sorry for the rant.
    the problem isnt necessarily that there are shitty relics (since every class has them) the problem is that the best ones are waaay better than the bad ones
    that's why we get shit like 20-30 ilvl difference between relics not being an upgrade.

wouldnt be a problem if blizzard was a bit more thoughtful with them in their raids but im pretty sure they're just rolling a dice

on the bright side backstab will be more frequently used in 7.2.5 and do more damage

Just to let you all know, the PTR has an additional vendetta relic from Tomb, a blood relic from Maiden. So the raid will have two MA relics, just how it is in NH.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt be a problem if blizzard was a bit more thoughtful with them in their raids but im pretty sure they're just rolling a dice
    the same guy who put haste on 80% of leather pieces? Maybe

on the bright side backstab will be more frequently used in 7.2.5 and do more damage
    Probably, not too sure they will be a great relic choices though, they would need to make Backstab ten time better to make that trait worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Just to let you all know, the PTR has an additional vendetta relic from Tomb, a blood relic from Maiden. So the raid will have two MA relics, just how it is in NH.
    Thanks for the heads up, this kinda now nulls the thread.. but like someone else said, relic traits really aren't comparative to old world gems, especially when it comes to MA, I meant in the sense, that let's say a shadow relic dropped, cool, you drop it in the shadow relic slot and then choose the trait, not just that simply it matches it's "color".

Also, I do appreciate someone mentioning how mind numbing it would be to just farm VoTW/BRH over and over, but some people are just unlucky and might never see one drop nevertheless titanforge to mythic ToS ilvl, but from the update from Varolyn, farming one relic compared to two, like NH, isn't bad and it's understandable.

I main sub, but I must say, I wasn't disappointed with the ToS relics, it has one ES relic (already better than nighthold). Those aren't that bad, usually, I think 2 DPS relics and 1 ES relics beat out full ES relics.. I do feel your pain, currently rocking a 925 dodge relic from krosus and have since been on Gul'dan extensions, meh.

this. lmfao at this whole thread when sub and outlaw have so much worse of a time getting relics they need

Sorry for the rant.
    The problem is not the relic, but the fact that we get a trait which increases our dodge. Does not feel like a DPS class thing to me. And to anyone shouting survivability; this is not survivability. I might dodge 2 or 3 hits from a raid boss, but that's the wrong situation anyway.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    The problem is not the relic, but the fact that we get a trait which increases our dodge. Does not feel like a DPS class thing to me. And to anyone shouting survivability; this is not survivability. I might dodge 2 or 3 hits from a raid boss, but that's the wrong situation anyway.
    I don't think having a few utility traits as a dps class is a bad thing, but it's strange that sub has two utility traits that are basically the same. They could probably change Ghost armor to idk, something that reduces the energy cost of feint?

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I don't think having a few utility traits as a dps class is a bad thing, but it's strange that sub has two utility traits that are basically the same. They could probably change Ghost armor to idk, something that reduces the energy cost of feint?
    I can live with utility traits, but this is such a cheap trait, i wondered if anyone truly got paid for this.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I can live with utility traits, but this is such a cheap trait, i wondered if anyone truly got paid for this.
    Tbh, I think the devs had pvp in mind when they made these two traits, cause they do give a crap-ton of dodge. But with that in mind, it does beg the question why in NH and tomb that these dodge relics are there. I'm not a sub player myself, but I think EN was the last raid were all the relics were decent for sub?

Edit: looks like tomb doesn't drop any dodge relics, still pretty lame that one would drop in NH though.
    Last edited by Varolyn; 2017-05-27 at 11:52 PM.