Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My dogs? No.

I would however sell any number of posters on this forum for a cheap $5 hamburger.
    Ill offer you that deal, but there is a catch. The hamburger is made from dog meat.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My dogs? No.

I would however sell any number of posters on this forum for a cheap $5 hamburger.
    I'll only accept being sold for a 12$ hamburger. At least make it a good burger, damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well that sounds more like basically the opposite to what you said. I'd imply that a cold logic response is more of a sign of "loneliness and disconnect from humanity" than an emotional one.
    That is interesting, isn't it?

I suppose at the end of the day the best thing may be to have a balance of cold logic and emotion. Either extreme is going to be unhealthy. That's for sure.

Done. The cat though, no deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I have some relatives I'd be willing to sell instead.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You're right it's just like a human child.

Except it can't communicate with you, it isn't your species, you didn't create it, it isn't your genetic successor, it isn't equal to a human by law, you can get a new one at a shop anytime, it has 1/8 of the life expectancy, it doesn't really 'love' you and acts on instinct.

But other than that it's exactly the same.
    That's not true. Extensive brain scans have shown that dogs experience love. Their emotions are more primal than ours, with less nuance and certainly less logical thought, but they absolutely bond with and love the humans they've bonded to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd definitively sell the cat for 100k. Not my dogs - they're family.
    Poor kitty.

I can see where you are coming from, though. Cats are often parasites instead of family members.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd definitively sell the cat for 100k. Not my dogs - they're family.
    You would sell your cat to someone who was deranged enough to pay you 100K? Not a good idea. You don't want any kind of association with any one that weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You would sell your cat to someone who was deranged enough to pay you 100K? Not a good idea. You don't want any kind of association with any one that weird.
    Hey, Grumpy Cat is worth millions.

Apparently in 2015 Grumpy Cat's net worth was about 100 million dollars. lol
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Tough but, a worthy sacrifice.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be yes please at first, then I'd look at my dog Ollie's super dopey expression and refuse, god damn you cute dumb mutt <3 :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it, and then steal the dog back

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Do it, and then steal the dog back
    That's a bad idea. You would be stealing a dog worth of 100k, which is a nasty thing in court.

Just like stealing a Ferrari from a car dealership instead of the streets. Huge difference.

The latter is a minor criminal act, a car theft, and the former is a theft worth of 200k dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bad idea. You would be stealing a dog worth of 100k, which is a nasty thing in court.

Just like stealing a Ferrari from a car dealership instead of the streets. Huge difference.

The latter is a minor criminal act, a car theft, and the former is a theft worth of 200k dollars.
    This implies the dog is getting put up for sale in a pet shop or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    This implies the dog is getting put up for sale in a pet shop or something.
    I don't think there is a special case for dog theft in the law, so all dog thefts are placed under normal theft. The value of the dog is 100k, the guy just bought it for 100k - obviously there needs to be some kind of sales contract signed for that which proves it.

I'd sell my dog for like 1k if someone actually wanted her.

My cat, probably like 10k.

Possibly lower on both, once you're made a real offer, with real money in hand, it becomes a lot easier.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'd sell my dog for like 1k if someone actually wanted her.

My cat, probably like 10k.

Possibly lower on both, once you're made a real offer, with real money in hand, it becomes a lot easier.
    What's wrong with your dog and how come you value your cat that much higher?

What's wrong with your dog and how come you value your cat that much higher?
    She's like 18, has a lot of problems, and won't be around much longer. The vet recommended us to put her down, but my mother refused. She's in a lot of pain.

My cat is 2 years old and full of energy, plus she's specifically mine and lives with me, whereas my dog is still at home and is more my mother's at this point.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

My current dog, fuck no. He rules. I had one before that had to be given away she was just way too rowdy and needed a huge yard to run it out and we didn't have it. Some dogs though are just soulless stuffed animals that move, we've got two in the family that just have dead eyes, like a dolls eyes. They just sit, lay, and stare blankly.

My dog nah, he's fucking badass and old, and 100k isn't that life changing, I'd rather see it out I owe him that much. He's got enough panache to be worth more than 100k. I think my in-laws would let go of at least two of theirs for that price though.

Animals are like people, some of em have personality and some, well some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    My current dog, fuck no. He rules. I had one before that had to be given away she was just way too rowdy and needed a huge yard to run it out and we didn't have it. Some dogs though are just soulless stuffed animals that move, we've got two in the family that just have dead eyes, like a dolls eyes. They just sit, lay, and stare blankly.
    What happened to those dogs that they act like that...dogs don't act like that unless they've been neglected for some time. And no, behavior in animals is not 100% attributable to breed/genetics/innate temperament.

Should really think about whether you gave those dogs enough attention. Your initial response will be defensive (everyone's is when confronted with statements like these) but after cognitive dissonance wears off perhaps you'll really think about it.