Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well if it's because they 'had to' then that's pretty damn backwards.
    Why? The Vatican is a sovereign nation IIRC, as well as the capitol for the Catholic faith (at least Roman Catholic). It's their rules while you're there, and you can either play by them and be nice or be a dick by trying to make a point.

Especially considering much of the Vatican proper is a holy sight (pretty much the whole thing), and many holy sites for Christians in Europe will not allow women to enter with uncovered chests/shoulders/heads.

The selective outrage when it comes to Muslims having dress code requirements for women while remaining silent on Christians/Catholics is just that - selective outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    God knows why they wore black unless that's part of the dress code too.
    I really want to know as well, it just seems like such an odd choice on their part and I'm completely unaware of any requirements regarding clothing colors in the Vatican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Because it's okay if it's THEIR religion.
    ACTUALLY

A lot of them only like the Catholics when its convenient. A lot of them don't even count Catholics are Christians. JFK being a Catholic was a pretty big deal.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Went to the vatican last summer (austral summer) & the only dress code is no shorts/miniskirts( skirts that reach less than the knee), and to cover your shoulders/chest
    Oh. And that you should remain silent, and preferably in a penitent manner
    Maybe the black is a sign of penitence? Gotta remember, Melania is from eastern Europe, and they are a bunch of religious zealots
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, except you didn't have a meeting with the Pope who specifically requested the veils.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump, once again, being oblivious to the general tone of the room.
    Weird... many female presidents met with the pope in vatican, and didnt use veils (well, most of them have sjort hair)
    My bet is that the black is a sign of penitence, an ingrained zealotry of eastern europe that still lingers on her

Lol, Pope Francis looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    ...did he burst into flames upon stepping into the Vatican?
    In that moment, god himself should had to animate the longinius statue, to battle the donald... sadly, didnt happen

Again, the Pope specifically requested they wear the veils. The two ladies pictured aren't Presidents.
    Was talking about the black, not the veil per se though

Didn't they arrive after the attack in Manchester?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/p...codes-meeting/

The color is apparently part of the Vatican dress code.

15+ Year Old Account
    Soooo where are the ones claiming christianity is such a modern religion compared to islam, whos spiritual leaders have the audacity to demand a certain dresscode from women?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    snip
    Terrifying, but i had a good laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

P.S. Regarding Melania's lack of headscarf in Saudi Arabia...

I missed that one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    2) remain true to his principles
    ...I guess it's 1) then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

People were always saying, "Donald, you have got to see this pope, he's great". but I couldn't do it, I just couldn't do it. The phone book didn't have his number. I looked at maps, no Popeland. Get this, the pope lives in his own city, would you believe it, I could hardly believe it. The vatinacan. It's true, it's true. He even has swiss Halliburton men. Incredible. I didn't even know Halliburton had a Swiss branch. fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, except you didn't have a meeting with the Pope who specifically requested the veils.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's why he requested veils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Not gonna lie...Fuck Sean Spicer for being the hedge-hiding piece of shit he is, but I kinda feel bad that the guy didn't get to meet the Pope. After all the bullshit he's put up with from the administration (which is his own fault for taking the job, knowing the disaster it would be) he at least deserved that.

Yeah I don't like Spicer either but that's a serious new low for Trump. The guy is a devoted Catholic and meeting the Pope would have seriously been the highlight of his life.

Spicer has been in front of a firing squad for Trump's ass for months in an unwinnable position. He definitely deserved this one thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine the pope meeting Spicer?

"My child, I hope your plane does not leave for many many weeks. You've confessed your sins, and for your penance, you're going to be here for a while. That's Eleventy thousand Hail Marys......"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.