Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    Anyone else kind of bummed out that Kiljaeden had little to no plot visible to the player characters? Guldan was a huge buildup and it was a fulfilling end to his story, considering how big of a baddie kiljaeden is we basically dont even know hes in there (ofc we have seen the cinematic view and know a little more as to why hes there), has someone maybe played the LFR and can tell me if they have the npcs kind of going the nighthold route and as you venture deeper into the tomb they explain whats happening and kiljaeden etc has appearences(first time i know is him randomly fighting Illidan and Velen in the Fallen Avatar fight). Feels like the Broken shore shouldve introduced the Tomb of Sargeras to us and besides the one time dungeon quest it didnt really bring it across

Edit: Botched the title sorry :]
    Im actually really pissed about all of this. The fact that they haven't given him the monumental buildup that he deserves is awful storytelling and they really dropped the ball
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Not sure why people are mad that "The Deceiver" isn't standing out in the open where we can see him... He is a general; commanding the armies of the Burning Legion from his seat of power at the Tomb of Sargeras. He's the reason everything on the Broken Shore is happening. He is the reason for the invasions in the different zones and around the world (not seen in game directly, but referenced).

You want proof of his build up? Go do any Broken Shore content and remember that he is orchestrating all of it through his minions, exactly the way a Deceiver would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiljaedan imo is the best villian in Warcraft lore. The fact that he is a mid expac boss makes me really sad.This is a guy whose power and actions make every other wow villain up till now (yes,even the LK) look like retarded fleas.

Is it too much to ask for a few cinematics,a novel/short story or even a comic that goes into more detail about one of the most evil and intelligent beings in the entire WoW universe.

Part of the reason KJ is so great is because we don't know a ton about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Kiljaedan imo is the best villian in Warcraft lore. The fact that he is a mid expac boss makes me really sad.This is a guy whose power and actions make every other wow villain up till now (yes,even the LK) look like retarded fleas.

Is it too much to ask for a few cinematics,a novel/short story or even a comic that goes into more detail about one of the most evil and intelligent beings in the entire WoW universe.
    He was highly involved in the Audio drama with Gul'dan. He also appeared in the Rogue questline along with the Demon Hunter one(For small moments mind you).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

He absolutely should have done more. Killing him is going to have no weight if all he does is show up, talk shit and die like every other boss.

I feel like there's a serious problem with Warcraft storytelling when you can imagine taking Kil'jaeden out of the picture and replacing him with literally any other Legion big bad and the story would fit just fine. Imagine it was Malganis in the Tomb of Sargeras instead and absolutely nothing changes. That's a disservice to one of the oldest and greatest villains in the Warcraft universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Part of the reason KJ is so great is because we don't know a ton about him.
    yes,but that is when he is still unkillable.Now that he is going to die,we should get more info on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He was highly involved in the Audio drama with Gul'dan. He also appeared in the Rogue questline along with the Demon Hunter one(For small moments mind you).
    Its still soo little for such a huge character.I thought he was awesome in the audio drama,the way he manipulated guldan. Just wish we got more of that.

7+ Year Old Account
    How many people are prepared for Kil'jaeden redemption twist??
    KJ: Velen I was wrong, now I want to help you rid the cosmos of the Legion
    Velen: Well since you said you were sorry for all the planets you helped destroy, I will forgive you.

I really wish we get more villain PoV cinematics. 7.2 cinematic was good because of interaction between KJ and Sargera, but after that they are literally nonexistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    He absolutely should have done more. Killing him is going to have no weight if all he does is show up, talk shit and die like every other boss.

I feel like there's a serious problem with Warcraft storytelling when you can imagine taking Kil'jaeden out of the picture and replacing him with literally any other Legion big bad and the story would fit just fine. Imagine it was Malganis in the Tomb of Sargeras instead and absolutely nothing changes. That's a disservice to one of the oldest and greatest villains in the Warcraft universe.
    Yeah, it's really stupid how in cinematic he's like no more messing around, time to finish the job and ingame he's nonexistant like before.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-05-24 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How many people are prepared for Kil'jaeden redemption twist??
    KJ: Velen I was wrong, now I want to help you rid the cosmos of the Legion
    Velen: Well since you said you were sorry for all the planets you helped destroy, I will forgive you.
    i think that will happens too, or something similar. At Tomb of Sargeras Preview:

Since striking the bargain that chased the Draenei into the stars, Kil’jaeden believed the Legion could not be stopped—yet, none of his deceptions have prevented you from reaching this critical moment. Infuriated that Sargeras’ promise of victory has never come to pass, the demon lord prepares to face you himself, for a final battle that will shape Azeroth’s destiny forever.

Isn't ge in some spaceship in the cinematic pointing to argus...that leaves me to believe that he disn't reach the tomb...I have no idea what's in ToS but maybe there is some teleporter there to take us to his ship rather than him waiting for us in the tomb

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Well duh, it's kinda been leading up to that. I mean, we're going to the seat of power of the burning legion after kicking Kil'Jadens ass (whether we actually defeat him or he just runs away is still to be seen) where Sargeras himself is. Blizzard is preparing the playerbase to get rid of Sargeras by setting up the Void Lords lore, i.e the new Big Bads.
    Idk no matter with what explanation I try to come with how we defeat Sargeras, they all sound ridiculous. He should be simply outside of our league. Plus the 7.2 cinematic suggests that Sargeras isn't on Argus.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    yes,but that is when he is still unkillable.Now that he is going to die,we should get more info on him.
    What do you mean, more info? Kil'jaeden is probably one of the most fleshed out villain in Warcraft. What more is there to know? What is the name of his pet felhunter? He was even the final boss of one expension.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Kil'Jaeden's was, and has always been, a Behind the Scene Villain. He ought to stay hidden, but in this case, I think Blizzard has made him..."Too Behind the Scene"

A good Behind the Scene Villain, is imo, WoD Gul'dan. Our characters rarely face him, yet we the players see him manipulate the Iron Horde from behind the scene. Kil'Jaeden is meant to be the demon behind Gul'dan, which makes him a "Behind the Behind the Scene Villain", and this unfortunately has the effect of making KJ seem that he didn't have any relevance in the game. But if you take a few steps back to see KJ significance in WoW up until Legion (Only WoW, not Warcraft in general), just look at...

The whole TBC expansion - He lured us into Outland and used us to kill Illidan, he almost succeed in getting into Azeroth as well.

WoTLK - The LK is Kil'Jaeden's creation, so KJ can also said to be partially responsible for this expansion too.

Cata/Mist - None that I can think of.

WoD - Shaping up behind Gul'dan even as Archimonde takes the final boss spot.

So if you look at it, there is an entire expansion directly caused by KJ's action (TBC), another expansion indirectly caused by KJ's action (WotLK), and little bit of foreshadowing in WoD, KJ has a lot of building up for him, almost, if not more than the Lich King, yet unfortunately due to his nature as a backscene villain, players don't feel it.

It's a shame really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would love if at 10% KJ just say "You know what ? I have those legs for a reason" and just jump out of window and run away.
    I am expecting something similar.

He seems pissed off at Sargeras, it is possible at 10% he goes "well fuck this stupid Legion thing, I'm rejoining the Draenei... if you'll have me, Velen-chan "

And then of course two patches later he murders Velen and goes "roflmao I'm THE DECEIVER, ARE YOU DUMB"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    Anyone else kind of bummed out that Kiljaeden had little to no plot visible to the player characters? Guldan was a huge buildup and it was a fulfilling end to his story, considering how big of a baddie kiljaeden is we basically dont even know hes in there (ofc we have seen the cinematic view and know a little more as to why hes there), has someone maybe played the LFR and can tell me if they have the npcs kind of going the nighthold route and as you venture deeper into the tomb they explain whats happening and kiljaeden etc has appearences(first time i know is him randomly fighting Illidan and Velen in the Fallen Avatar fight). Feels like the Broken shore shouldve introduced the Tomb of Sargeras to us and besides the one time dungeon quest it didnt really bring it across

Edit: Botched the title sorry :]
    Literally every time we've fought KJ or Archi in WoW they were final bosses that just sprang up out of no where with no build up.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say who really needs screen time now is Illidan.

He's came back from the dead and that's all normal for everyone around.. he didn't even visit his illidary fellows.. sad