Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Death Knight Legendaries Patch 7.2.5

Had some new legendaries added to the ptr today. Worth a thread imo. The ring was added to the ptr a couple builds ago.

Soul of the Deathlord

Soulflayer's Corruption

Cold Heart

Death Screamers

Very intrigued by the Cold Heart (Frost Chest). 6000% AP (30 stacks of 200% AP in damage) is 3 more damage than Sindragosa's Fury (2000% AP). Provided this stacks out of combat like the rogue legendary this would stack up before the pull and be able to be sync'd with pillar every other cast. Seems absurdly strong to me but i've not simulated it compared to others.

Not really possible to identify how strong Death Screamers would be without knowing how much damage the pet deals or if the pet does anything...interesting. 22 secs is quite an odd duration. Edit: Oh yea Skulker is the name of the minion summoned by our risen archer talent...seems meh

Soulflayer's Corruption seems like it will be the go-to blood legendary for AOE dps but i'm skeptical it will be ideal for a typical boss. Maybe decent in M+s.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2017-05-24 at 06:46 PM.

idk about the frost one. Given our new tier I can't see us dropping ring/bracer for this chest simply because of how those (ring/bracer) synergize with BoS/T20.

The unholy one may be decent. I don't play enough unholy to comment beyond that. Skulker AI always seemed like shit to me so that may make it worthless.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

The Unholy legendary will be hot garbage unless they do something to Skulker to make him do more damage. 22 seconds every minute is a decent uptime, but he just doesn't put out enough damage.

The Frost chest as of right now doesn't scale with Mastery, which is interesting because this means it's a very viable thing for Unholy to use as well possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The Unholy legendary will be hot garbage unless they do something to Skulker to make him do more damage. 22 seconds every minute is a decent uptime, but he just doesn't put out enough damage.

The Frost chest as of right now doesn't scale with Mastery, which is interesting because this means it's a very viable thing for Unholy to use as well possibly.
    It doesn't scale with Mastery based on testing? That sounds like a bug more than intended. I hadn't even considered using it for Unholy! Would be a truly amusing thought if this was better than our existing legendaries for Unholy...

That is interesting that it doesn't scale with mastery and def has me doubting it further to use over our current ones.

edit: Been giving this more thought after reading Neme's post and Maxweii's yah this frost one could be quite powerful especially if you consider the strength gains from T20 in combination with this.
    Last edited by Exotath; 2017-05-24 at 08:44 PM.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Can't be tested as of yet as it's not on vendors. However the tooltip only changes from increase/decreses in STR but not from Mastery. My Frost weapons are lower than my Unholy one's, and the damage on tooltip went down. Taking on/off mastery rings did nothing to it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this became a thing for Unholy as well. The amount of damage it can do for a single rune is rather good.

The frost one seems very strong single target, just don't know how it stacks up to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Can't be tested as of yet as it's not on vendors. However the tooltip only changes from increase/decreses in STR but not from Mastery. My Frost weapons are lower than my Unholy one's, and the damage on tooltip went down. Taking on/off mastery rings did nothing to it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this became a thing for Unholy as well. The amount of damage it can do for a single rune is rather good.
    And would likely scale with our new set bonus dmg increase.

Dude, does that mean that every 30 seconds frost will have a 6000% AP Chains of Ice? That's like 20 million damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Dude, does that mean that every 30 seconds frost will have a 6000% AP Chains of Ice? That's like 20 million damage.
    somebody said world pvp?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

100% of AP = ~40k str = 40k damage.

6000 / 100 = 60.

60*40k = 2.4 million damage

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    100% of AP = ~40k str = 40k damage.

6000 / 100 = 60.

60*40k = 2.4 million damage
    Fury of Sindragosa is 2000%AP and it crits for about 6m in my gear 914, 3x that is about 18m add the gear upgrade from ToS 20m+. you have to add mastery + pillar+ unholy strenght+ razor ice
    Last edited by Khain; 2017-05-24 at 10:36 PM.

Blood legendary is mostly trash,and in heavy aoe situations it would require a LOT of mobs being alive for a long time for the DPS part to be viable,and them living through a whole vampiric blood for the survivability part to be viable,overall it's not worth replacing another legendary for it,most others are way better in about every situations

- - - Updated - - -

Fury of Sindragosa is 2000%AP and it crits for about 6m in my gear 914, 3x that is about 18m add the gear upgrade from ToS 20m+

Also,your razorice+mastery+pillar of frost+artifact traits plays a role into the fury of sindragosa damage

Fury of Sindragosa is 2000%AP and it crits for about 6m in my gear 914, 3x that is about 18m add the gear upgrade from ToS 20m+
    Since it alraedy doesn't scale with mastery (at least via the tool tip), I can also see it not being affected by other buffs and stats as well.

Edit: Which kinda makes it boring as well tbh. A flat nuke every 30 seconds seems rather .. uninspired.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-24 at 10:40 PM.

how power full is death screamers < Risen skulker > ?

Deleted
    thinking about the frost one.. with T20 paired with the bracers itll be a deadly combo, probably being able to crit upwards of 25m in heroic+ Tomb gear, which on its own (at 30% crit) is im guessing about a 250k+ dps increase,

also not all things show mastery differences on tooltip, the seed from nythendra for example scales with mastery but doesnt display on tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Since it alraedy doesn't scale with mastery (at least via the tool tip), I can also see it not being affected by other buffs and stats as well.

Edit: Which kinda makes it boring as well tbh. A flat nuke every 30 seconds seems rather .. uninspired.
    It says frost damage, it will be really dumb if it doesn't scale.

It says frost damage, it will be really dumb if it doesn't scale.
    There is a reason why the legendary trinket is labeled as always crits, there is precedent of them doing it. The current thing will obviously not go live, I think we can all agree on that at least .

Frost one seems alright the unholy very lack luster, I don't think we'll swap out the bracers/ring for chest. Doubt we'll be using much Chains of Ice in our rotation.

Just tested the chest, doesn't scale with mastery but it's really OP, might be BiS.