Ok, people, just one question : what do you think exactly is a terror watch list ?

Do you ACTUALLY think this is like in the movies, the name flash on the monitor with a skull ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So you want to commit violence against people who have different beliefs than you.
    But like MAGAboys advocating the same values as ISIS and going daily ''NUKE DUH ARUBS'', it's manly and virile if they kill random civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    See, now you're changing the argument. Because this guy wasn't a terrorist when he re-entered. If he were, you'd have grounds to arrest him as he came in.
    To-be terrorist, terrorist connections, it doesn't matter what it's called. It would warrant preemptive action here.
    The entire issue here is that you're pushing to arrest innocent civilians because of prejudice.
    Nope. If someone was doing the shady stuff he was doing, he would get problems here in singapore.

Deleted
    No I want to stop innocent people getting killed pointlessly. All I meant is he is so infuriating how he will defend everything. It wouldn't surprise me if he said the Manchester bomber "wasn't that bad a guy". I don't really want to hit him, but it is so infuriating how everything is defended. For our security. Certain countries should be one way trips. Libya/Syria. If you go there then you give up your citizenship and aren't coming back. For the sake of UK Citizens here. No one goes on holiday to those places. They just come back as radicals.

You only have to go back to the start of this thread to see how little the extreme left value human life. Before facts were known jokes were thrown about left and right. Lol lol a balloon has gone off. There should at least be an apology by those stating that bollocks, but they just don't care as long as they think their hollier than thou attitude is intact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    In what way are human rights enforced if a country decides to ignore it?
    I'd like you to take a step back and recognize that you're explicitly advocating that us, in the developed world, should abandon the core principles that form our society, and create a dystopic police state that ignores human rights.

You're essentially agreeing with the likes of ISIS, and just disagreeing over the exact particulars. It's stooping to their level. Why do you think that's acceptable, in any way whatsoever?

Is it true his best friend was stabbed to death in a hate crime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Actually, you called it a "slight shock." I know Manchester has a large population, but they shut off the lights in Rome and paris for this (in solidarity), I don't think anyone takes the purposeful targeting and murder of children as "slight" at all. No matter how many live in the city.
    Yes I said it was a slight shock to a city as large as Manchester, tragic and devastating on a personal scale but Tuesday was business as usual.

As for what I want to happen. I am certainly not going to just throw up my hands and hope this won't happen again because- that is the exact way to make sure it will happen again. If you want different results, you have to try different methods.

I expect, when law enforcement officials are "questioning" a suspect (as they questioned this guy) that they actually do a thorough job of questioning (free of politics and pc nonsense) and make sure he is innocent before they release him/ her.

It seems that in almost all of these cases, these terrorists are questioned by law enforcement then let go. It happened in this case, in Ft. Hood and in the orlando shooting. It happened in others as well, I just don't feel like going to look them up.

There is obviously some disconnect in which these people are let go. We need to fix that, immediately.

Also, during the Obama administration, Obama wanted to treat this a a "law enforcement" issue, but its not. Its not at all (can't even imagine what he was smoking on that one). They are enemy fighters. Maybe "law enforcement" shouldn't be handling the questioning. Maybe they should be brought to a military facility and the military should "question" them.
    I understand that there is more that law enforcement can do, most of which will require more funding than they're being given (funding is being slashed and officer numbers reduced.) I'm asking what you think we, the people who live in and around Manchester, should do other than carry on with life that would satisfy you.

At the bolded bit - what do you consider "PC nonsense" because it seems you want the police to be able to decide if a suspect is innocent or guilty based solely on their investigation (rather than the court system we currently use) and indeed, to find a person guilty before they've committed the act.

Deleted
    Brexit is the last hope for UK. EU is unwilling to stop the flood.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ok, people, just one question : what do you think exactly is a terror watch list ?

Do you ACTUALLY think this is like in the movies, the name flash on the monitor with a skull ?

- - - Updated - - -

But like MAGAboys advocating the same values as ISIS and going daily ''NUKE DUH ARUBS'', it's manly and virile if they kill random civilians.
    I havent even seen you condone this attack once, only typing gibberish as usual.

International human rights treaties that nearly everyone is signatory to says you're wrong. Even if Adolph Hitler resurrected himself tomorrow and stated he was going to kick off the Fourth Reich, Germany wouldn't be able to refuse him entry. At best, they could arrest him once he's on German soil, if they've got grounds.
    That is the problem with these treaties.

They were made for a different timeframe and a different world.

When those treaties lead to an inability to defend innocent people and society as a whole, then those treaties need to revised, altered or abolished. There is no reason to keep these treaties because of some sort of nostalgic sentiment. If they don't work, they need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsame View Post
    No I want to stop innocent people getting killed pointlessly. All I meant is he is so infuriating how he will defend everything. It wouldn't surprise me if he said the Manchester bomber "wasn't that bad a guy". I don't really want to hit him, but it is so infuriating how everything is defended. For our security. Certain countries should be one way trips. Libya/Syria. If you go there then you give up your citizenship and aren't coming back. For the sake of UK Citizens here. No one goes on holiday to those places. They just come back as radicals.

You only have to go back to the start of this thread to see how little the extreme left value human life. Before facts were known jokes were thrown about left and right. Lol lol a balloon has gone off. There should at least be an apology by those stating that bollocks, but they just don't care as long as they think their hollier than thou attitude is intact.
    the only one pushing a holier than thou narrative at this point in the thread is you. it was a developing story and we didn't know all the facts but as they came out people changed their tune. also why do you give a shit what random assholes say on the internet? don't you have better things to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    I will appeal this infraction because its unjustified.

You tell me smart ass moderator, WHO invited this culture to europe? I didnt invite them. No other citizen did invite them. It was an undemocratic decision solely of the EU. We the citizens didnt get any voting cards did we? I didnt receive any voting card. Not only did they invite this culture but they let Saudi Arabia finance mosques and put hardcore Wahabi imams in there. Maybe next time you infract me you have the fucking decency to state a more proper reason then trolling.
    Most Muslims in the UK descend from states that were part of the Empire, a great many of them were invited to migrate here in the 50's to restart Britain's economy after the damages of WW2.

I'd like you to take a step back and recognize that you're explicitly advocating that us, in the developed world, should abandon the core principles that form our society, and create a dystopic police state that ignores human rights.
    So singapore isn't part of the developed world to you? We're not big on human rights, in fact we haven't signed such things. Rather punish people who sow division than let them speak freely. Rather detain people before they can cause problems than arrest them after they've caused problems.
    You're essentially agreeing with the likes of ISIS, and just disagreeing over the exact particulars. It's stooping to their level. Why do you think that's acceptable, in any way whatsoever?
    It's nothing like ISIS.

I'm still waiting for an answer how human rights are enforced if a country decides to ignore it.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-24 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Brexit is the last hope for UK. EU is unwilling to stop the flood.
    little to do with refugees you Troglodyte, keep up with the story or shut the hell up.

Deleted
    The left is geting the hard reality of the failed multiculture

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Is it true his best friend was stabbed to death in a hate crime?
    I don't know if that is true, but even if it is. That gives the all clear to go kill 22 people, injure 59 others and ruin countless lives does it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Yet people "weaponize", (lol did using that word make you feel like you're in some movie?) Their religious views to justify killing others, and you're like "Oh well, to each their own."??
    Why would I be ok with it and shrug it off?.
    This is a tragedy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    And there was a very clear trigger for it too - his mate was stabbed to death in an apparent hate crime and he was literally vowing revenge.

I mean how many red flags did they need?
    Is this for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsame View Post
    I don't know if that is true, but even if it is. That gives the all clear to go kill 22 people, injure 59 others and ruin countless lives does it?
    No, but it certainly is an interesting take on the "lives of my friends and family are worth countless strangers" idea people spout on this forum whenever the topic comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Is this for real?
    I was just asking the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    The left is geting the hard reality of the failed multiculture
    The left will not acknowledhe their failure.

I can already feel some apologists rejoicing.