Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi guys,

I am 914 ilvl and I parse extremely low for my ilvl. My guild is 5/10 mythic and I would like to perform as well as possible. I have poured over many guides and I cannot find any smoking gun for what I am doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

armory- us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Diabolac/simple

logs- warcraftlogs.com/reports/V9P7DZ2rx8FjyJMq
    logs- warcraftlogs.com/reports/XNPLQVCBjhgn4YMD/
    Last edited by Diabolac; 2017-04-13 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    I am trying to help a guildy out. He plays affliction. He has 898 gear, with the head and cloak for aff. He is consistently 100k behind me. I play single target demon all throughout NH. When I first started playing with him, the biggest thing I noticed was that he was letting agony drop off, like ALOT. 70-80% uptime. This past thursday, I checked all the live logs and he kept agony up on the boss pretty consistently all night long. Only going below 90% once, and most fights right around 95%+. I personally don't know enough about affliction to say what he is doing wrong at this point. To my knowledge, he shouldn't be 100k behind me all the time like he is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

A few things I noticed in that Heroic Chronomatic Anomoly log you linked:

1: Your guildie did not touch the adds at all when they spawned. This is huge! He pretty much gave up a free +20% dmg buff. Afflic gets Wrath of Consumption stacks and souls for every add that dies, so long as we at least tag them. We don't have to focus the mobs, just tag with anything. [Wrath of Consumption = +2% dmg/stack for 20 seconds. This effect doubles to 4%/stack when Reap is active.]

2: His Reap uptime was extremely low during heroism. He needs to make sure he has enough souls for heroism. Tagging the mobs would have made him have more souls for this too.

3: It looked like he shard starved himself before heroism was popped. Draining adds can help get some shards back, otherwise he needs to cast fewer UAs at the beginning. [At one point he cast 4 UAs in a row. Instead he could cast 2-3 UAs in a row and then drain.] Sometimes he cast just a single UA and drained that. Those could have been paired up.

I'm sure he's doing similar things in other fights, so just emphasize that he needs to take more advantage of adds and handle his UAs & Reaps better. If he does that, his dmg will improve substantially!

Deleted
    Hello all,

I just recently got to leveling my warlock and yesterday I did my first few raids with my guild where I thought I had a good chance at competing on the dmg meters. However, I felt my dmg was still kind of low. Now, my guild is a 8/10 3/3 mythic guild so most of them have a lot better gear than me. I'm at around 896 equipped Ilvl at the moment. Anyways, they agreed to take me to their AP farm which consists of NH HC/NM, ToV NM/HC and EN. I only stayed for the NH and ToV.

The talents I used were: Malefic Grasp, Contagion, Demonic Circle, Sow the Seeds (I know this is not optimal on boss fights but it helps when clearing trash), Burning Rush, Grimoire of Supremacy (I still had sac for the first few bosses because I run sac in M+), Soul Conduit.

Here are the logs from last night's raid (character's name is Laure):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6v7YrN8V2MZWcpAL
    This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Laure/simple

I may want to add that keeping up DoT's in itself makes sense to me. It's more about when to cast UA, drain, cast multiple UA's, what to do when I'm moving. Like I'll cast UA and start draining, then when I have to move do I drain again or cast UA first? Any other mistakes you can point out would be great, I'd love to increase my lock's performance and be less of a liability to my guild.

Thanks, Laure

Quote Originally Posted by Xentrus View Post
    Hello all,

I just recently got to leveling my warlock and yesterday I did my first few raids with my guild where I thought I had a good chance at competing on the dmg meters. However, I felt my dmg was still kind of low. Now, my guild is a 8/10 3/3 mythic guild so most of them have a lot better gear than me. I'm at around 896 equipped Ilvl at the moment. Anyways, they agreed to take me to their AP farm which consists of NH HC/NM, ToV NM/HC and EN. I only stayed for the NH and ToV.

The talents I used were: Malefic Grasp, Contagion, Demonic Circle, Sow the Seeds (I know this is not optimal on boss fights but it helps when clearing trash), Burning Rush, Grimoire of Supremacy (I still had sac for the first few bosses because I run sac in M+), Soul Conduit.

I may want to add that keeping up DoT's in itself makes sense to me. It's more about when to cast UA, drain, cast multiple UA's, what to do when I'm moving. Like I'll cast UA and start draining, then when I have to move do I drain again or cast UA first? Any other mistakes you can point out would be great, I'd love to increase my lock's performance and be less of a liability to my guild.

Thanks, Laure
    So… the thing about afflic is that you really need to select the proper talents for each fight if you truly want to increase your performance.

If you aren’t willing to change talents on a per encounter basis, then choose a more generalized boss talent combo. (Don’t specifically talent for trash unless you are also willing to re-talent correctly before each boss.)

Talenting for trash fights in an AP farm run at the cost of staying suboptimal for pretty much every single boss fight is the wrong approach. Your group so geared. I doubt they care about your trash dps in a farm run. They want to see what you can do on bosses.

It’s not gear that is holding you back from properly competing with them. You have to also have the right attitude for it and be willing to optimize yourself whatever the cost.

That said:

How you handle UAs and draining depends on what talents you have. Dot uptime in itself doesn't mean much. I’ll just talk about MG-builds here, since that is the general go-to talent.

If you have MG + Contagion, then you want to refresh all your dots, then cast 2-3 UAs quickly in a row, and THEN drain soul until either the UAs fall off or else you have to refresh agony. [Agony is the only thing that you’d cut a drain cycle short for, b/c you really can't have falling off.] Repeat the cycle.

UA is such a huge percentage of your dmg in MG builds. It is by far your hardest hitting dot and MG increases its dmg by 70%. That means you want ALL of your UAs to be fully channeled by MG. (If you cast too many UAs then some will fall off before they even get drained. This is why limiting it to 2-3 is ideal. Plus that helps prevent you from shard starving yourself. Draining single UAs not ideal either, so in general pair them up.)

You also want to beef it up with as many buffs as possible! This is what will make or break your parses. That means pairing your drain cycles with Reap, Wrath of Consumption, Heroism, Encounter-related buffs, and Pots etc. The more buffs you have at once, the better! (Sometimes you might even have to hold onto some shards / souls in order to line things up better.) UA that are paired with all of these modifiers while under the effect of MG will hit like a truck!

I mentioned it to someone earlier, but take advantage of all add spawns. It doesn’t matter if the adds will die fast from other people. You neeeeed to tag them, because once they die they will give you both souls and wrath of consumption stacks. Pair these buffs with Reap so that the effect from Consumption doubles (20% free dmg just for tagging stuff!). Then funnel your increased dmg into your main target with the usual drain cycle. Rinse and repeat.

If you have to move, then it’s better to lifetap or refresh one of your instant dots if one is about to fall. You can also take advantage of using your Demonic Circle and Gateway to minimize your movement. Less moving = more time for UA-drain cycles.

With other talent choices, UA and draining are handled differently, but don't worry about that till you get a better feel for afflic.

In need of some help for my brother; just recently got him into raiding and he is liking it alot but i need some help analyzing his dps and seeing where he can improve. I don't have lock friends and i haven't really ever played the class seriously myself. any help would be greatly appreciated. The other lock in my raid i can't get ahold of during non raid hours cause of his crazy work schedule.

His toons name is Deathseer
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...athseer/simple

These two logs are prior to him getting his 42nd talent for affliction
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...wJhT8D#fight=3
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...iew=analytical

and these logs are from after him getting his 42nd talent
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...vRMJm#fight=27
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...vRMJm#fight=34
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...vRMJm#fight=45

Quote Originally Posted by bloodforsilence View Post
    In need of some help for my brother; just recently got him into raiding and he is liking it alot but i need some help analyzing his dps and seeing where he can improve. I don't have lock friends and i haven't really ever played the class seriously myself. any help would be greatly appreciated. The other lock in my raid i can't get ahold of during non raid hours cause of his crazy work schedule.

His toons name is Deathseer
    Actually, I think some of his problems are gear-related:

Your brother would benefit a lot from getting his mastery up higher.

[Right now he’s only 97.78% mastery, which is duper low for an ilvl 900 affliction lock. I’m sure most of that is RNG though… Or else he used to focus on a different spec for gearing.]

One thing that could help is changing his current neck chant to be "Mark of the Trained Soldier" (+600 mastery). It’s a much better chant than Satyr is for afflic locks.

Mythic Krosus (12April2017) log:
    At a glance, his M Krosus actually looks pretty good casting wise.

The main thing that cost him damage here is that he did not take advantage of stacking buff modifiers. It looks like he could have lined up his 2nd pot better with both consumption & Reap.

Also, every single time he had Consumption buff up, he should have used Reap. He should make sure he’s always able to do his UA-drain cycle during these buff windows.

Ah, at closer glance, another thing that cost him big time on Krosus, was that he shard starved himself for almost a whole minute midway during the fight. [From ~3:00 to 4:00, he was constantly teetering between 1 and 0 shards. That’s a long time.]

He did get shard procs during this time, but he kept spending them as soon as he got one instead of pooling a few so that he could use his UA at the more opportune moments (like pairing them better with his buffs!)

I haven’t had the chance to look through any of the other fights you linked, but will do so later... Unless someone else beats me to it!

Hope this helps in the mean time!

Mylogs

Hey uh if somone could look at my logs I feel my dps is low I must be doin something wrong
    .. apparently I can't post links due to low post count ?? If somone could link. Datdotnrot us sargaras Warcraft logs sopeople could take a a look that would be most appricated

Quote Originally Posted by Rahmula View Post
    Actually, I think some of his problems are gear-related:

Your brother would benefit a lot from getting his mastery up higher.

[Right now he’s only 97.78% mastery, which is duper low for an ilvl 900 affliction lock. I’m sure most of that is RNG though… Or else he used to focus on a different spec for gearing.]

One thing that could help is changing his current neck chant to be "Mark of the Trained Soldier" (+600 mastery). It’s a much better chant than Satyr is for afflic locks.

Mythic Krosus (12April2017) log:
    At a glance, his M Krosus actually looks pretty good casting wise.

The main thing that cost him damage here is that he did not take advantage of stacking buff modifiers. It looks like he could have lined up his 2nd pot better with both consumption & Reap.

Also, every single time he had Consumption buff up, he should have used Reap. He should make sure he’s always able to do his UA-drain cycle during these buff windows.

Ah, at closer glance, another thing that cost him big time on Krosus, was that he shard starved himself for almost a whole minute midway during the fight. [From ~3:00 to 4:00, he was constantly teetering between 1 and 0 shards. That’s a long time.]

He did get shard procs during this time, but he kept spending them as soon as he got one instead of pooling a few so that he could use his UA at the more opportune moments (like pairing them better with his buffs!)

I haven’t had the chance to look through any of the other fights you linked, but will do so later... Unless someone else beats me to it!

Hope this helps in the mean time!
    appreciate the help, have swapped some gear around and he took the rotation advice and is performing considerably better. Thank You.

Posting this on behalf of my guild mate, because he can't post links on the forums yet.

Hello all,
    I would like to request some assistance with my affliction warlocks damage. I've read guides from Terryn and Accolonn about what to do, I just have a difficult time doing it when it's not a target dummy. I feel like my reap souls and soul shard generations are really random inside the raid encounter where as at a target dummy I have plenty to spare. But I would like some advice on helping me understand how I can improve. I have weakauras and use accolonn affliction ones but I would like to add sound to the timers to help remind me to refresh them if anyone could help me with that.

Heroic Nighthold
    Character Name: Brofu
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JfTmFdnDRagB32hw/
    Yes I know I didn't have my pet out for krosus >.< I need a weakaura that yells at me if I don't have my pet summoned.
    I died to the beam on trilliax becuase I had a phone call.
    Last edited by Destructocon; 2017-05-01 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Hello All

I have done a few Hcs and Mythics and for the life of me i cant seem to break 300k dps. Ive seen some locks with lower gear than me breaking this easy.
    I have read icy-veins guides many a time and indeed follow their rotation for affliction to the T.

Armoury https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ane/zeventhson

What should my DPS really be based on my gear,

I have not done armoury as i was not signed up to it and thus unable to produce logs,

I keep agony up
    I keep Corruption up
    I keep Siphon Life
    I fire of 2-3 UA and then drain soul

the usual rotation, etc

thanks in advance

Hello, I have only been playing Warlock for about 2 weeks and I was looking for any outside help from some of you top tier warlocks I am still trial in my guild and I really wanna show them my full potential and lock down that core raid spot we are currently 5/10 mythic. Currently on Spellblade. IGN: Womb-Thrall. Any advice/tips are very appreciated !

Tichondrius Kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Heroic/Mythic Clear up to Tichondrius: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ZVtvym#fight=1

Hello, I need some help with improving my dps. All the links below.

Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../10850629/11/#

Armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...azzak/nephcyte

Stats - Crit 23% (6700) // Haste 17% (6500) // Mastery 107% ( 10500) // Vers 2% (1000)

Artifact Weapon - http://ptr.wowdb.com/artifact-calcul...IhJABiYWiYUiYW - (all my relics are 890)

My Rotation - I try to use Terryns guide a guideline. My rotation is apply dots, 2x UA + drain. During drain dont reapply if they are about to fall off except agony. Reapply dots, 2xUA + drain. Keeping up dots between drain cycle, try to do it on the move and tap on the move. On any additional adds that spawn i put agony for shard generation. (2xUA + drains) if its prio add who live for at least 10 seconds. Always keeping dots on main target. I use seed of corruption if i get get it to spread to 3 targets at least and apply agony if they are gonna live long enough. (Atm i generally just use reap for drain cycles) And on harvest of souls cap, if i know i will generate more. Sometimes when i dot a lot of targets up i use it. I aslo only use UA in a drain cycle is that bad? Or should i aim to have one op all the time for contagion talent on main.

I assume my reap usage is awful and that is whats holding me back..

I think my gear is good enough, with another class spec i would be able to do 70-90+ prasaes in hc easily and consistently.

P.S. Is there a weak aura that screams in my face that im about to cap, or i am at soul shard cap. And another one for life tap notification that my mana is low. Could not find those on wago. I am currently using this as WA - Ipse's WA's - Warlock. And tracking dots by by boss frames, name plates.

Some Rotation things I am not sure about, at how many targets stacked should i spam Seeds of corruption? Untalanted/Talanted answers please.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward for feedback <3
    Last edited by Nephcyte; 2017-05-16 at 02:38 AM.

Hello I could use some help with my DPS. I rank very low for other Aff Locks my ilvl.

Warcraft logs - warcraftlogs.com/reports/WMCBNmZzh9qrJPRj#fight=23

Armory - worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/ashyk

If I read the logs right, I'm staying active. I just don't seem to be using my time wisely. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all.

I'm trying to help a guild mate so I will appreciate any kind of feedback.

Her toon name is Daniithaa, demo warlock and I have no clue why her dps is so low (I think it's a matter of rotation, but I know anything about the class/spec)
    Her gear is good enough in terms of item level, but I don't know if the stats are capped/balanced/correctly distributed.

Thanks in advance.

Warcraft Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done (M - Krosus wipes)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done (M - Chronomatic kill)

Armory:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/es-mx/ch...aros/daniithaa

Ok, so I want to step my game up and am not sure if its just gear holding me back or I am fucking up badly.

Any input would really be welcomed, as I would like to perform better for next tier.

Log(s): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../11#metric=dps

I've been playing aff for a while, but I think there's quite a bit I'm missing. Guild is going into tomb soon and I don't want to be a liability to them. GM has linked me logs, but I can't make heads or tails of most of it, especially the timelines. I have a some suspicions of what the problem or problems are, but I could use some insights.

I do know the 2-3 UAs into drain soul rotation w/ out letting agony fall off, though I may be making some mistakes I'm not seeing. On fights where I'm not taking MG I've been going AC/SE I think my dps seems to improve over MG. Other factors may be that I'm prioritizing killing adds or am having poor timing on UA cycles. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Logs from our last M-NH
    warcraftlogs com/rankings/character/18084122/11/#bracket=23

Our last Gul'dan kill
    warcraftlogs com/reports/4ZRcPANkgz9FMYbK#source=8

Also it seems that the forums isn't allowing me to post full links to warcraftlogs for some reason so I put a space in the link for now.

I've been playing aff for a while, but I think there's quite a bit I'm missing. Guild is going into tomb soon and I don't want to be a liability to them. GM has linked me logs, but I can't make heads or tails of most of it, especially the timelines. I have a some suspicions of what the problem or problems are, but I could use some insights.

I do know the 2-3 UAs into drain soul rotation w/ out letting agony fall off, though I may be making some mistakes I'm not seeing. On fights where I'm not taking MG I've been going AC/SE I think my dps seems to improve over MG. Other factors may be that I'm prioritizing killing adds or am having poor timing on UA cycles. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Logs from our last M-NH

Our last Gul'dan kill

Also it seems that it won't let me post full warcraftlogs links so I put a space in there for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kemo336 View Post

Logs from our last M-NH

Our last Gul'dan kill

Also it seems that it won't let me post full warcraftlogs links so I put a space in there for now.

The “2-3 UA then Drain rotation” assumes you have Malefic Grasp talented. (Because of the modifier it gives to dots while it’s channeled.) This rotation doesn’t apply if you are using Writhe/Haunt.

Noticed you have satyr neck chant (can see the proc in some of your kills). Change that to “Trained Soldier”. 600 mastery is much better!

Looking through some of your kills:

Mythic Botanist: You used Haunt + Absolute Corruption. Don’t use Absolute Corruption on mythic. On Mythic difficulty, the bosses heal up to full when any of them die. Those corruptions aren’t doing a thing for you. Spec for better single target. Try using Malefic Grasp + Contagion.

Harvest should have been paired with Reap + 2nd Pot. (Since you took Haunt, Haunt should have been used during it too.)

Haunt usage: You cast it a total of 8 times for a 6min 38sec fight. As of this date, Haunt has a 30sec cd, so you should have had a minimum of 13 casts. Taking advantage of its CD reset would have given you more than 13 casts.

Mythic Anomoly: Try to get more Agonies running simultaneously before popping Harvest. It looks like you had only 2 agonies rolling when you casted it. For sure, you can get more running at once.

Your 2nd pot should have been paired with Harvest.

Mythic Krosus: Only thing I can think of is you should have paired your 2nd Pot better with Harvest.

Mythic Gul’dan: This log is private, so I can’t view it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    Ok, so I want to step my game up and am not sure if its just gear holding me back or I am fucking up badly.

Any input would really be welcomed, as I would like to perform better for next tier.
    The first thing would be to research the optimal talents combinations for each fight. On 8 out of 10 fights, you are using Sow the Seeds. That right there is holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysd View Post
    Hello all.

I'm trying to help a guild mate so I will appreciate any kind of feedback.

Her toon name is Daniithaa, demo warlock and I have no clue why her dps is so low (I think it's a matter of rotation, but I know anything about the class/spec)
    Her gear is good enough in terms of item level, but I don't know if the stats are capped/balanced/correctly distributed.

Thanks in advance.

I wish I could help, but I don’t yet know how to play demo nor how to analyze their logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyk View Post
    Hello I could use some help with my DPS. I rank very low for other Aff Locks my ilvl.

Warcraft logs - warcraftlogs.com/reports/WMCBNmZzh9qrJPRj#fight=23

Armory - worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/ashyk

If I read the logs right, I'm staying active. I just don't seem to be using my time wisely. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Your gear looks fine, though I’d go for the Mastery chant on neck.

Heroic Tichondrius: You missed getting the Essence of Night debuff during the 2nd Illusionary Night phase. Can’t parse well without getting that every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Hello, I need some help with improving my dps. All the links below.

My Rotation - I try to use Terryns guide a guideline. My rotation is apply dots, 2x UA + drain. During drain dont reapply if they are about to fall off except agony. Reapply dots, 2xUA + drain. Keeping up dots between drain cycle, try to do it on the move and tap on the move. On any additional adds that spawn i put agony for shard generation. (2xUA + drains) if its prio add who live for at least 10 seconds. Always keeping dots on main target. I use seed of corruption if i get get it to spread to 3 targets at least and apply agony if they are gonna live long enough. (Atm i generally just use reap for drain cycles) And on harvest of souls cap, if i know i will generate more. Sometimes when i dot a lot of targets up i use it. I aslo only use UA in a drain cycle is that bad? Or should i aim to have one op all the time for contagion talent on main.

I assume my reap usage is awful and that is whats holding me back..

I think my gear is good enough, with another class spec i would be able to do 70-90+ prasaes in hc easily and consistently.

P.S. Is there a weak aura that screams in my face that im about to cap, or i am at soul shard cap. And another one for life tap notification that my mana is low. Could not find those on wago. I am currently using this as WA - Ipse's WA's - Warlock. And tracking dots by by boss frames, name plates.

Some Rotation things I am not sure about, at how many targets stacked should i spam Seeds of corruption? Untalanted/Talanted answers please.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward for feedback <3
    Skipping this one, since Terryn himself helped you in a separate thread you’d posted about this a while back...

Quote Originally Posted by Livix View Post
    Hello, I have only been playing Warlock for about 2 weeks and I was looking for any outside help from some of you top tier warlocks I am still trial in my guild and I really wanna show them my full potential and lock down that core raid spot we are currently 5/10 mythic. Currently on Spellblade. IGN: Womb-Thrall. Any advice/tips are very appreciated !

The top tier locks all seem to be on break eating cake at this time. At any rate, I hope you find my help of use to you:

Mythic Tichondrius: Main thing that cost you dmg on this fight is that you missed getting an Essence of Night debuff during the 2nd bat phase. Gotta fight for that!!!

Heroic Anomaly: Didn’t prepot & needed to line up Reap better with Soul Harvest.

Heroic Botanist: You missed tagging a few of the spheres. If you’re afraid of blowing them up too early, then you can tag them just before they die. Also, for heroic/normal difficulty, Writhe in Agony is better than MG.

Heroic Star Augur: Didn’t use 2nd pot. Should have paired Soul Harvest with Wrath of Consumption. (It seems like you just randomly decided to cast Soul Harvest. You didn’t line it up with anything. Should have been paired with 2nd Pot + Consumption.)

Heroic Gul’dan: Seems you missed a Soul Harvest cast. It might be worth casting Soul Harvest a tad earlier in Phase 1, so that your 2nd cast of it lines up better with Wrath of Consumption. The 3rd cast should still line up well with Bloodlust. During the last 10-15sec of the fight, you should have had room for a 4th cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    Hello All

I have done a few Hcs and Mythics and for the life of me i cant seem to break 300k dps. Ive seen some locks with lower gear than me breaking this easy.
    I have read icy-veins guides many a time and indeed follow their rotation for affliction to the T.

What should my DPS really be based on my gear,

I have not done armoury as i was not signed up to it and thus unable to produce logs,

I keep agony up
    I keep Corruption up
    I keep Siphon Life
    I fire of 2-3 UA and then drain soul

the usual rotation, etc

thanks in advance

You need better itemized gear. Right now, you have too much versa, you have no set bonuses, and you need better trinkets.

Your haste and crit are fine, but you need to stack more mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructocon View Post
    Posting this on behalf of my guild mate, because he can't post links on the forums yet.

Hello all,
    I would like to request some assistance with my affliction warlocks damage. I've read guides from Terryn and Accolonn about what to do, I just have a difficult time doing it when it's not a target dummy. I feel like my reap souls and soul shard generations are really random inside the raid encounter where as at a target dummy I have plenty to spare. But I would like some advice on helping me understand how I can improve. I have weakauras and use accolonn affliction ones but I would like to add sound to the timers to help remind me to refresh them if anyone could help me with that.

Heroic Nighthold
    Character Name: Brofu
    Yes I know I didn't have my pet out for krosus >.< I need a weakaura that yells at me if I don't have my pet summoned.
    I died to the beam on trilliax becuase I had a phone call.

Heroic Botanist: You should have paired Reap with your 2nd Soul Harvest + Bloodlust. (You forgot pet here too! )

Heroic Anomoly: Try to have Agony running on more adds just before you pop Soul Harvest. It looks like you just had it on one add + boss. (Getting more can be hard depending on how good the other dps are, but it’s worth having a longer harvest time.)

When talented into MG, cast a maximum of 3 UAs and then Drain them. (A lot of times, you cast 4+ in a row. When you do this, by the time you start draining, your first UA will be about to fall off.)

Heroic Star Augur: Same thing as the above comment for UA casting. It doesn’t change just because Bloodlust is up! Cast 3 maximum UAs and then drain them. On this fight you went crazy! During Bloodlust, you cast 8 UAs in a row before draining, which means at least 4 of them weren’t buffed by Malefic Grasp.

Heroic Tichondrius: Nicely job! Just be careful about the UA thing. You did it again during Bloodlust. Some of those UAs were not buffed by MG as a result. Instead of casting 6 UAs in a row and then draining (with ~half of them unbuffed), you could have done 3 at a time with ALL of them buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Datdotnrot View Post
    Hey uh if somone could look at my logs I feel my dps is low I must be doin something wrong
    .. apparently I can't post links due to low post count ?? If somone could link. Datdotnrot us sargaras Warcraft logs sopeople could take a a look that would be most appricated
    It's easier if you mention what spec you are and which fight/difficulty you wish to improve on.

----------------------------------------

Yay! All caught up! Keep in mind all of these comments are based on the current rendition of affliction. After patch some things may change. I'll pop in to help again after I've re-learned some of the new nuances of affliction

Deleted
    Hello everyone, I started affliction warlock not too long ago, and yesterday I tried out some heroic nighthold. I can't help to notice that my dps isn't up to par with a good majority of people that play this class. I am pretty sure that I have the wrong talents as I just took the "generic" ones. Any help would be appreciated!

The website doesn't allow me to post any links since I am new. If anyone would be interested to check my in game name is: Zandare EU-Outland

Thanks in advance!

Need some help with my demo dps. I've identified what my gear problems are already.
    Just need someone to point out the major problems I'm missing in logs.

Logs of last attempt:
    Can't post links but they're public under warcraftlogs search Die Laughing (my guild) and you can find me there. Specifically, I'm looking for Heroic Mistress improvement suggestions.

I've updated some talents: PT over HoD

Armory:
    Irasmus Zangarmarsh
    I've got heroic whispers and can get metronome or arcanocrystal. PvP trinket was a lucky titanforge and I don't use it for raiding.

Overall I'm a fairly experienced raider but find my performance lacking parse wise.
    I'd appreciate your help with this. If you need more data my guild's got a lot of parses to pick from.

-Ira