Nice stats at least with crit/mastery but I don't see how the effect could overtake the holy 3 of shoulder/bracer/boots

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post
    Now this obviously changes everything, considering the loss of AP was sim'ed as a 10% dps loss.

With the changes to TB and this buff, we might actually gain some DPS.

i don't think it solves anything. they buffed the whole spec not only poison.

so if toxic blade dont make up for AP.

Exsanguinate is king. maybe even Alacrity.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post

so?
    before AP was king and the other two talents were worthless (well alacrity did have SOME uses but exsang was worthless)
    it's very rare that all 3 talents in a row are equally good, especially if they more or less do the same thing but in different coating

i'd be glad if TB is worse than alacrity, cos it's an awful spell, and not because of the dmg it does, but because of how it plays
    at least it's good for pvp

Where did i say toxic blade was a good talent ?

Needs to be sim'd regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    so?
    before AP was king and the other two talents were worthless (well alacrity did have SOME uses but exsang was worthless)
    it's very rare that all 3 talents in a row are equally good, especially if they more or less do the same thing but in different coating

i'd be glad if TB is worse than alacrity, cos it's an awful spell, and not because of the dmg it does, but because of how it plays
    at least it's good for pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanix View Post
    Where did i say toxic blade was a good talent ?

Needs to be sim'd regardless.
    the point is that poisons builds will be dead.

they did not fix a problem with a build.

they killed it.

the point is that poisons builds will be dead.

they did not fix a problem with a build.

they killed it.
    how was agonizing poison a "poison" build?
    and anyway, how is alacrity not a poison build? arguably it's more ap oison build than AP is since AP affected bleeds and poisons equally (if anything it killed one of your main poison dmg contributors(DP))
    you'll have more poison damage in your build with alacrity than with AP

Deleted
    bracers + boots + alacrity is the best setup you can use for progression in T20. Bracers are king at new bosses with long execute phases

Sins were posted not long ago, Alacricity was up by some 50k, its most likely still up

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    bracers + boots + alacrity is the best setup you can use for progression in T20. Bracers are king at new bosses with long execute phases
    And what are we doing with CoF, we keeping it forever or should it be swapped ? What about the ring, did you consider it ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    And what are we doing with CoF, we keeping it forever or should it be swapped ? What about the ring, did you consider it ?
    Difficult question. There is currently only one trinket which looks damn strong in ToS (Engine of Eradication). The rest of the pack, especially the damage-procing like trinkets, must be tested live.

The proc of CoF is way too strong for many classes compared to the new trinkets. I'm quite sure CoF is going to be nerfed soon after ToS opens.

Exsang is shit on ptr atm.

As far as I can tell, Alacrity is the go-to talent on PTR.

Deleted
    bracer is going to be the absolute bis.

with us using deadly poison + toxic blade plus aura buff to 22%.

it will destroy everything by a large margin.
    Lol just no. Shoulders are still by far the best and then boots without CoF to drop vendetta to sub 50s so it lines with TB/KB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    As far as I can tell, Alacrity is the go-to talent on PTR.
    It isn't even close to TB.
    Last edited by mmocf8a5cc7d0f; 2017-05-25 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    It isn't even close to TB.
    Could you show us why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Lol just no. Shoulders are still by far the best and then boots without CoF to drop vendetta to sub 50s so it lines with TB/KB.
    First of all TB in its current state (or rather in any state we have seen so far) is absolute garbage.

2p T19 + 4p T20 + boots + bracers is the strongest setup you can run. You need all major slots for the set items, there is no slot free anymore for the legendary shoulders. The new ring could maybe be an alternative for the bracers, but for long execute phases the bracers are absolute king in t20 content.

The 2p T19 bonus is still pretty strong. I would recommend the t19 helm and t19 cloak.

And as I mentioned before, the chance is quite high that CoF will be nerfed soon.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-05-25 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    First of all TB in its current state (or rather in any state we have seen so far) is absolute garbage.

2p T19 + 4p T20 + boots + bracers is the strongest setup you can run. You need all major slots for the set items, there is no slot free anymore for the legendary shoulders. The new ring could maybe be an alternative for the bracers, but for long execute phases the bracers are absolute king in t20 content.

The 2p T19 bonus is still pretty strong. I would recommend the t19 helm and t19 cloak.
    prntscr DOT com/fbzndx

2min 40 seconds fight 987k dps singletarget (dummy never below 30%) running bracer + boots + 4pc t20 + 2pc t19

1.4% is not what i would call "still pretty strong" ...

Toxic Blade is going to be amazing for PVP.

For PVE...meh stick with Alacrity for better results. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcay View Post
    prntscr DOT com/fbzndx

2min 40 seconds fight 987k dps singletarget (dummy never below 30%) running bracer + boots + 4pc t20 + 2pc t19

1.4% is not what i would call "still pretty strong" ...
    first of all 2m40sec isnt a realistic boss fight duration, especially in the first and important weeks of the ToS progress.

In my calculations the T19 bonus is doing nearly 2.4% (~25k) of 1053k dps in its nerfed state. The 2p19 dps output is growing with your gear. If I switch the 2p19 gear (both 920) with the stongest offset pieces available in T20 (935 cloak + 940 shoulders) I loose 15k dps. If you are lucky and you get stronger procced t19 set pieces (between 925 and 955), there is no alternative around.

My current calculations are missing the recent announced changes to the overall damage increase. 22% more mutilate damage results in 22% more 2p19 damage.

And a little advise from me: Its better to work with absolute DPS numbers instead with percentage numbers
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-05-25 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    first of all 2m40sec isnt a realistic boss fight duration, especially in the first and important weeks of the ToS progress.

In my calculations the T19 bonus is doing nearly 2.4% (~25k) of 1053k dps in its nerfed state. The 2p19 dps output is growing with your gear. If I switch the 2p19 gear (both 920) with the stongest offset pieces available in T20 (935 cloak + 940 shoulders) I loose 15k dps. If you are lucky and you get stronger procced t19 set pieces (between 925 and 955), there is no alternative around.

My current calculations are missing the recent announced changes to the overall damage increase. 22% more mutilate damage results in 22% more 2p19 damage.

And a little advise from me: Its better to work with absolute DPS numbers instead with percentage numbers
    as if the fight length would mean anything when it comes to the most static dmg from our spec xD holy shit, that made my day xD

and btw, i didn´t say it´s not worth it, maybe you should learn how to read????

Err probably an old question but, does Poison Bomb proc feel way worse with the flat 2.5% per cp than it was before? I know, I know, RNG will be RNG, but just from naturally playing it barely ever goes off. Also probably just wanted to vent cause man NeverLucky

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhian View Post
    Err probably an old question but, does Poison Bomb proc feel way worse with the flat 2.5% per cp than it was before? I know, I know, RNG will be RNG, but just from naturally playing it barely ever goes off. Also probably just wanted to vent cause man NeverLucky
    nah, im consistently the rogue with less poison bomb proc in my raid, still the number compared with pre-7.2 are higher.
    the problem is only the duration on the fight today, a lot shorter than in 7.1.5 so the variance of the proc affects more the result