Poll: Do you miss this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    when you have nostalgia over old WoW launcher you know you're in some weird shit

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Even bad change?
    Yup, because a change that can seem bad at first can end up good later after, I try not to judge too quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yup, because a change that can seem bad at first can end up good later after, I try not to judge too quickly
    Define quickly, I think we've had more than enough time to judge the changes.

And I'm not saying things should never change... But there ARE changes that can be bad, and I feel most of the ones we have gotten are just that... The pruning specifically, I'm more or less fine with everything else, but pruning things is not good, especially when it's done in the name of improving "class fantasy", because it actually does the opposite... It takes good, established class fantasy and not changes, but removes elements of it for no reason other than dumbing down the game because they think we are too daft to understand all the abilities and mechanics they gave us. I'd be fine with the pruning if there was a legitimate reason for it to have occurred, if it improved anything, but it didn't, all it did was take things away from us.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-25 at 12:08 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't make to much sense though.
    If a change is bad, it usually is bad. Unless they change it even further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Original login screen was the best.

BC was a disappointing remix.
    WOTLK had potential ruined by that fucking dragon then remixing WC3 music.
    Cata was nonsense.
    Panda was like nails on a chalkboard.
    Warlords had potential but got ruined not too far in.
    Legion is nonsense.

They should add a new theme, because they shit so much on the old one it's not even remotely recognizable or awe-inspiring anymore.

And I will continue to say I want things moving forward, because I don't care if its for better or worse, its different, that's a personal opinion, forward for me is ALWAYS good because I like change
    Kind of feels like you're contradicting yourself.

If a change was made to go back using these. According to what you're saying, it's going to be a change, for better or the worse, but to you it doesn't matter since it's going to be a change nonetheless, so it would be good to you because going forward is ALWAYS good, because it changes something for you from the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

The classic login screen will honestly forever be the best. Laid the foundation of what we have today, it felt pure Warcraft-y and had amazing music that isn't constantly over-the-top orchestra epic music that Blizzard shits around everywhere in the game. Can't even walk into a calm forest without some epic over-the-top soundtrack starting. Classic was superior in that in every sense. Theming and know how to create atmosphere for different zones and areas.
    Last edited by Tome; 2017-05-25 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss the old website, and I don't miss the old launcher..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    good memories, but the only thing I miss is that awesome sound when you clicked `play` on the launcher.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

How the hell does a launcher give you immersion?

...You're finding issues when there are none.

The New Launcher is better in every single way. You can message friends, launch other games from it, use the store, go directly to your account page, and it just looks cleaner.

The old WoW launcher will always hold a place in my memories, but jesus take off the damn goggles lol

Deleted
    Not really no

Deleted
    Was a nice trip down memory lane there, thank you.

That said, pretending the old launcher was better than the app we have currently is patently ridiculous.

The thing about nostalgia is it's completely subjective, though. So while those login screens and themes raised a smile at the memories for me, I can also recognise that they are best left in the past - again, for me.

OP: try to acknowledge that your opinion
    Even bad change?
    is just that, and not some definitive statement of fact. Game's moved on, changed. Maybe you should too.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. no i hate the login screen, yes i love the visuals and such but i much prefer the "click play" and then enter the game instead of having to enter my password every time i was to login

2. that is still there, you still see the art, you still see the future announcements on the current launcher

NOTHING HAS CHANGED other then stuff is easier and better now

no i dont miss having to type my password every single fucking time
    no i do not miss the old launcher ecause it shared less info then the current one
    i feel like gimlix is the polar opposite of jaylock, still like jaylock, but does nothing but complain and beg fro the past

and yes, nothing more "Immersion inducing" then a launcher that tells you about blizcon, an upcoming patch, says uninstall, clear cache, has blizzard on it about 9 times, news, a giant loading bar, and a store button. sure

also no, yes the old site was cool for the time, but it screamed "early 2000's" if it still looked like that... god it would be so bad...
    well you are at it, i bet your windows looks like this
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-25 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Warning, thread about nostalgia indulged biased opinions.

That's all this is. If you started playing now and would look at the old website that you never experienced back then, you would find it ugly as fuck. Because it was ugly as fuck. The logging screen are cool but tbh they only remind me of the long queues on bad servers, other wise I would just log in and go play, I don't really see the immersion in something with zero interaction.

The old Launcher looks like a bad korean MMO pay2win with 5 million advertisement of shit to buy to get stronger.

Deleted
    I definitely miss the Vanilla log in screen, it was magical.

So we're down to calling the login screen "casual" and the Classic login screen "hardcore" now?

Stupidity never rests. And fyi, you not feeling "immersed" upon seeing the current login screen =/= nobody feeling that way. You people (the usual suspects for making whinge threads) sticking around when you lack all the feelings one should have for this game, is nothing short of pathetic.

Plenty of people looked at and logged in using the Classic login screen, tried the game and quit instantly. Private servers must be boring as hell if people have immersion and feel "hardcore" looking at the login screen.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-25 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Aside from the login screens now not often being seen...

The launcher and website are on trend for flatter, less cluttered designs. Web design has been this way for a while now, and are far prettier (opinion) and easier to navigate. It's this way with everything, from native apps, websites, to your application logo's (Check old safari app icon, to the new). Design trends come and go.

I would love to have the ability to change the login screen and music to one of the other ones. This legion one is terrible.

Not really, i'm a fan of moving forward, not looking back. Good memories but I would never go back to the game back the way it was.
    When it comes to style, there is no such thing as looking forward. Its simply recycling old styles that fell out of favor.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The launcher and the login screens is shit you spent close to zero time in. Why is it something anyone would miss ?

Blizzard as a company can't afford staying behind in technology and they have to follow the development of technology. Hence the new improved launcher with a lot of new shit, which again. No one really spend any time in. you open it up, press play and thats it.

I for one like having all my games in one place, and wouldn't even mind if they removed the wow/battle.net launcher and added the game to steam

even when i think concerns about ingame stuff, game design and content are way more important, my rose tinted glasses have to agree with OP.