#BENGHAZI

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    #sethrichmurder
    #killary
    #Pizzagate
    #Hitlery
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Hmmm...if they are so "secretive" how is that YOU know so much and why are in here divulging things such as "they use special deep sea underwater entrances to closed docks". All Trump said was that he had subs in the area. And maybe he lied? Remember, according to "anti-Trumpeltons" he is the Liar-In-Chief, so why would you, or anyone else, believe a single word coming out of his mouth?
    Trolling is not allowed on the mmo-champion forums.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Hmmm...if they are so "secretive" how is that YOU know so much and why are in here divulging things such as "they use special deep sea underwater entrances to closed docks". All Trump said was that he had subs in the area. And maybe he lied? Remember, according to "anti-Trumpeltons" he is the Liar-In-Chief, so why would you, or anyone else, believe a single word coming out of his mouth?
    Because he lies to people he needs to lie to (voters, media), and brags and boasts to the people he wants to. He is seeking validation and applause. No one said that every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie. That's impossible. Trump uses lies and boasts as tools. Unfortunately boasts don't work on voters. Lies do.

Duterte is the funniest man so he deserves the best job be can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Duterte is the funniest man so he deserves the best job be can get.
    I can think of an excellent permanent position for him.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Seems to be working just fine for President Trump

MAGA baby!
    You make yourself look very foolish with such a post. Especially since if Hillary were President and did this you would be screaming to lock her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I can think of an excellent permanent position for him.
    He doesn't need to be king yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because.... I've actually researched the nuclear triad and the place that the Ohio-class submarines have within it? Knowing that places like the Pearl Harbor naval base services submarines and has special designated facilities for docking Ohio-class subs is public and common knowledge. It's their current location that is kept tightly under wraps. It was enormous when the Navy disclosed they were sending an aircraft carrier and an Ohio-class to the region, because it was basically a military decision to show a bit of their hand to the world to show them what would happen if they stepped over the line. This portion of the nuclear triad is purely about information control, and it's apparently impossible to control information when Trump starts gushing over his crushes.

As for your "defense" of him.... the best you can muster is that he might not be actually divulging state secrets this time to impress someone he has a crush on, but is instead lying to impress them for no reason at all, taking advantage of his position as commander in chief to use American intelligence as a prop for his lies. Your defense is kind of pathetic.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-05-25 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Because.... I've actually researched the nuclear triad and the place that the Ohio-class submarines have within it? Knowing that places like the Pearl Harbor naval base services submarines and has special designated facilities for docking Ohio-class subs is public and common knowledge. It's their current location that is kept tightly under wraps. It was enormous when the Navy disclosed they were sending an aircraft carrier and an Ohio-class to the region, because it was basically a military decision to show a bit of their hand to the world to show them what would happen if they stepped over the line. This portion of the nuclear triad is purely about information control, and it's apparently impossible to control information when Trump starts gushing over his crushes.

As for your "defense" of him.... the best you can muster is that he might not be actually divulging state secrets this time to impress someone he has a crush on, but is instead lying to impress them for no reason at all, taking advantage of his position as commander in chief to use American intelligence as a hat trick. Your defense is kind of pathetic.
    Well do remember that Trump has studied the nuclear triad too as was evidenced from his debate answer.

Hewitt:"Mr. Trump, Dr. Carson just referenced the single most important job of the president, the command, the control and the care of our nuclear forces. And he mentioned the triad. The B-52s are older than I am. The missiles are old. The submarines are aging out. It's an executive order. It's a commander-in-chief decision.

"What's your priority among our nuclear triad?"

Trump: "Well, first of all, I think we need somebody absolutely that we can trust, who is totally responsible, who really knows what he or she is doing. That is so powerful and so important."

"And one of the things that I'm frankly most proud of is that in 2003, 2004, I was totally against going into Iraq because you're going to destabilize the Middle East. I called it. I called it very strongly. And it was very important."

"But we have to be extremely vigilant and extremely careful when it comes to nuclear. Nuclear changes the whole ballgame. Frankly, I would have said get out of Syria; get out – if we didn't have the power of weaponry today. The power is so massive that we can't just leave areas that 50 years ago or 75 years ago we wouldn't care. It was hand-to-hand combat."

"The biggest problem this world has today is not President Obama with global warming, which is inconceivable, this is what he's saying. The biggest problem we have is nuclear – nuclear proliferation and having some maniac, having some madman go out and get a nuclear weapon. That's in my opinion, that is the single biggest problem that our country faces right now."

Hewitt: "Of the three legs of the triad, though, do you have a priority? I want to go to Sen. Rubio after that and ask him."

Trump: "I think – I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He doesn't need to be king yet.
    Or ever

/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god US nuclear subs are almost impossible for NK to locate, plus it would be foolish for NK to NOT think US subs were within strike range 24/7.

But PLEASE will someone shut that blathering idiot up already!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sephronz View Post
    Just wondering, does the US Military have non-nuclear subs as well; and if so can you easily tell the difference; because if you cant then informing someone who isnt really an ally (I dont know US politics but as far as I can recall there is no US military present in the Phillipines at all) about what KIND of sub there is there is really really idiotic.

I'm just wondering how many more times will they let him open his mouth and blab about what could be considered highly sensitive information to anyone who would listen ... if he does it enough couldnt it be considered similar to a Treasonous act.
    All US subs are nuclear powered, but only the SSBNs carry nuclear weapons anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

This is simply.... beyond words. This is Trump wanting to look smart, and in doing so is gossiping away what is likely the single largest publicly known intelligence breach in decades. When people scoffed at him not knowing what the nuclear triad is, this is the exact problem that comes with his absolute non answer.

For those Trumpletons who will come in and say "big deal, he didn't give them the GPS coordinates or something like that," these subs are meant to be so secretive and under wraps that they use special deep sea underwater entrances to closed docks; they are not meant to ever see the light of day except in the worst possible situation. Pointing out what hemisphere their nuclear capacity resides in, much less the defined body of water, is absolute insanity.
    Uhm, no. Below is a picture of the USS Louisiana (SSBN-743), the newest of the Ohios, docking at her home port at NB Kitsap in Washington. As you can see, she is on the surface and docking at an open dock.

8 of the Ohios are In Washington, and the other 6 are in Georgia. So I can very easily say there is at least one SSBN in the North Atlantic and one in the North Pacific right now.

That "Navy disclosure" and disclosure to Duerte in article happened at the same time. As far as i see it is exactly same disclosure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Well do remember that Trump has studied the nuclear triad too as was evidenced from his debate answer.
    That was actually pretty damn funny, at the time. Trump didn't have a clue as to what Hewitt was talking about. Little Marco totally bailed him out.

I have a hunch that Trump is now a little more familiar with what the triad is, heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Because....
    I am glad you have studied so much on the subs....but you lost your sense of humor along the way.

FFS - I was just needling you, making a joke. And btw, I wasn't trying to defend Trump.

Trust me, you will know when I defend him. I will make no bones about it.

BTW - I remember back in the 90's Toshiba got banned from being able to do business in the USA for many years due to the fact they sold some stealth technology (a coating IIRC) we used for the propellers to the Russia military. Fuckers!
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-05-25 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Uhm, no. Below is a picture of the USS Louisiana (SSBN-743), the newest of the Ohios, docking at her home port at NB Kitsap in Washington. As you can see, she is on the surface and docking at an open dock.

8 of the Ohios are In Washington, and the other 6 are in Georgia. So I can very easily say there is at least one SSBN in the North Atlantic and one in the North Pacific right now.
    At her home dock, prior to an active deployment. We're talking about actively deployed naval ships.

If I recall correctly, you are/were military, right? Do you ever recall such open and casual disclosure of the general locations of nuclear-capable submarines on active deployment? Announcing that the Navy was deploying an Ohio-class to South Korea with a carrier was purposefully designed to be the equivalent of pulling back the hammer on a gun to tell China, Russia, and North Korea the gravity of the situation. Using it as a bragging chip to impress Duterte is just a bit different.

At her home dock, prior to an active deployment. We're talking about actively deployed naval ships.

If I recall correctly, you are/were military, right? Do you ever recall such open and casual disclosure of the general locations of nuclear-capable submarines on active deployment? Announcing that the Navy was deploying an Ohio-class to South Korea with a carrier was purposefully designed to be the equivalent of pulling back the hammer on a gun to tell China, Russia, and North Korea the gravity of the situation. Using it as a bragging chip to impress Duterte is just a bit different.
    Seriously? Similar "show of force" happened in 2010... with the same freaking USS Michigan, no less:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2548701/posts

Wait... 2010 actually revealed THREE NUCLEAR SUBS, not two:

http://theweek.com/articles/578815/h...l-boss-pacific

"In July 2010, three SSGNs surfaced nearly simultaneously in Western Pacific and Indian Ocean waters, allegedly to signal U.S. displeasure over Chinese missile tests in the East China Sea."
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-05-25 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually it is her returning from a deployment. While the location of US subs is generally not released, only the location of the SSBNs is a closely guarded secret. In this case though, they are not the subs Trump is talking about. The USN has confirmed the presence of the USS Michigan (an Ohio Class SSGN) and the USS Cheyenne in the Western Pacific within the last month alone.

free republic links as supporting evidence? *snicker*

Deleted
    Reminder: if you had Shrillary instead you'd be in war already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Why do you think it's not a big deal? Did Mark Dice tell you that?
    No, my personal experience in the US Navy Submarine Force told me that.