Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    All they need to do is remake Morrowind, the entire province of Vvardenfell WITHOUT level / loot / enemy scaling of any kind. Oblivion was bland and Skyrim was blander. I also truly despise level scaling of any kind.. let the player decide and learn where he can go and what he can tackle. Games like Morrowind and Gothic 2 did this awesomely.

Oh and no fast travel, make it so you unlock travel modes as you play (like in Morrowind with the Boats, Striders, Mage Guild Teleports, Gondolas, Propolyne Chambers... add spell crafting back and make the game harder... besically, de-casualize and de-consolify the latter games..

Unfortunately, it is all about the dollars and Bethesda knows they need to cater to the lowest common dominator

If they put the same amount of effort into Khajiit/Bosmer/Argonian culture,religion,story etc etc as they put into Dunmer and Morrowind, I would really love to see one of those in TES 6.
    I really wish they take another risk and choose some of those weird alien cultures instead of another classical high fantasy safe route like Skyrim and Oblivion.
    (I still liked Skyrim and Oblivion, but Morrowind is something else IMO)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    How would a non-scaling world make that happen?

That would make even more content irrelevant.

You just got level 30? Neato now ALL of the 1-29 content is meaningless, no point to literally ever go there; until some quest forces you to go there, that is, and you have to waste your time on low level/non-rewarding/trivial things if you want to finish the quest.

Not to mention it makes the game the same every time you play it. If there are set levels for instances/places, that will be the path you have to take every single time you play the game. Kind of eliminates the point of a sandbox game.
    You do this by stopping to think of a non-scaling world as being grouped into WoW zones you'll do everything in at once to rarely if ever return to after. Scale it after the type of enemies rather than where they are. That is, say bandits and animals are in the low level group, with things like vampires, trolls, and undead being more of a mid game thing. and dragons eating you alive until later into the game, but the locations you can find all these in are spread out over the whole game.

That is, no rushing into dungeons full of draugr right at the start of the game or trying to take on vampires and dragons as a level 5 being equipped with some basic stormcloak armour. Enemies grouped into different difficulty groups found all over the game world instead of a singular progression path.

This is precisely how skyrim mods like requiem works and it works, but I've a feeling that might not be the kind of audience bethesda aims for nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    All they need to do is remake Morrowind, the entire province of Vvardenfell WITHOUT level / loot / enemy scaling of any kind. Oblivion was bland and Skyrim was blander. I also truly despise level scaling of any kind.. let the player decide and learn where he can go and what he can tackle. Games like Morrowind and Gothic 2 did this awesomely.

Oh and no fast travel, make it so you unlock travel modes as you play (like in Morrowind with the Boats, Striders, Mage Guild Teleports, Gondolas, Propolyne Chambers... add spell crafting back and make the game harder... besically, de-casualize and de-consolify the latter games..

Unfortunately, it is all about the dollars and Bethesda knows they need to cater to the lowest common dominator
    Errr, ESO's Morrowind (with a focus on Vvardenfell) is coming out soon, so that;s not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    Errr, ESO's Morrowind (with a focus on Vvardenfell) is coming out soon, so that;s not gonna happen.
    While I would normally respond to something like this by stating that ESO is [obviously] not developed by Bethesda Game Studios, I'll say this instead...

TESIII: Morrowind doesn't need a remake. Besides, Skywind is already being made. Play that if you want a "remake".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    Well even if it is something else, I still want no scaling of any kid, no fast travel, spell crafting and the deconsolification and decasualfication of the last two games.

Whatever the setting is, I hope combat is more polished and feels less clunky. As much as I love the Elder Scroll games, I've always thought the actual combat felt horrible. Would be a nice bonus if third person was supported more as a viable option too.

Deleted
    As long as I can play a Dark Elf Vampire in cloak and dagger playstyle I'm cool with it

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I *want* Orsinium, but *expect* Elseweyr, Black Marsh or Summerset.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I don't expect anything. I want more of the same and i'm sure we will get that.

Well... i guess i expect it to be more appealing. Though Skyrim is still pretty good. I would like more big scale conflct i guess. Conflits in these games are usually a handfull of guards killing each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Better Stealth Detection dependent on difficulty
    - As far as scaling is concerned, no downscaling. Skyrim did this to a lesser degree than what I'd want and F4 did this almost as good as I wanted.
    - Magic redesign where all spells still have a use. Novice spells are the easiest to use with the most limitations (spray spells), Apprentice spells are a step up in terms of range (fireball type spells), Adept ???, Expert Spells are the AoE spells, but lack the single target damage of Novice/Apprentice, Master Spells ???.

I also want to see a lot more spells that aren't simply more burst damage, even in the destruction category.

In all honestly, thanks to mods, I'd even be fine with a new "Skyrim".

Deleted
    I'm expecting complete destruction by removing/watering down all aspects that made series great in the first place. Exactly what they did to Fallout with abomination called "Fallout 4".

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    I'm expecting complete destruction by removing/watering down all aspects that made series great in the first place. Exactly what they did to Fallout with abomination called "Fallout 4".
    I disagree, Fallout 4 may be weaker in the story and dialogue choices department, but everything else was a massive improvement. The shooter mechanics are awesome, on par with other FPS, the customization for weapons/armor/companions/robots/settlements are second to none.

I guess in a way the technical ambitions of FO4 took too much time and energy out of Todd Howard and team. If they didn't experiment so much with customization and settlements, they might have more time for other stuff. As some evidence, you can see in Far Harbor that the number of branching choices available to you were far greater than the vanilla game.

Back on the ES6 topic, people worry that the voiced protagonist in FO4 will also mean it will be voiced in ES6. I don't think so, in Elder Scrolls games you have 10 races. That would require 20 voice acting total including male and female. It's simply not feasible. Besides, there are races like Khajiit that speak in a very special manner (like referring to themselves in third person), it wouldn't work well in a voiced environment.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

What I expect and what I want from the next elder scrolls are two entirely different things.

What I want: I want a SINGLE PLAYER elder scrolls game that allow us to go to more than one province. We always explore only one province of tamriel per game. Morrowind, Cyrodiil, Skyrim, Daggerfall, etc. Only in the first game did we explore the whole continent (but that's back in an age of very limited graphics). What I wouldn't do for an elder scroll game that lets us visit Hammerfall, and Elseweyr, and Valenwood, and Skyrim, and Black Marsh, all in the same game. Same with the daedra planes. We end up visiting only 1 or a few per game. We visit the deadlands and the shivering isles on oblivion, and briefly visit a few others in ESO and Skyrim, but never in a game have we set foot in all of them.

Of course, the size of a game with that much terrain in it, would make it impossible. So I know it wont happen. They'd have to compromise the quality of each province in order to include that many. So I know I'll never have that. At best we can have a single province in a game, and MAYBE a small chunk of another in an expansion and/or DLC.

What I expect: Voiced protagonist. I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually liked the voiced character in Fallout 4 (The writing, and poor quality of dialog options is something else that's not the blame of the voice-acting). I also want the settlement building mechanic in the game, I've spent countless hours building stuff in FO4, and that's what I want in Elder Scrolls too. They kinda dipped their toes around it with Hearthfire in Skyrim, and I greatly enjoyed building my manor there. I also want better romances. Romances in skyrim were incredibly lackluster (Put on a necklace, do a single quest for a prospective NPC you wanna marry, then ask them to marry you. Woophtydoo, you're done. And then to add insult to injury, only random generic people can be asked to marry. People you have genuine chemistry with, like Serana can't be married). They better fix that shit up on the next game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

Back on the ES6 topic, people worry that the voiced protagonist in FO4 will also mean it will be voiced in ES6. I don't think so, in Elder Scrolls games you have 10 races. That would require 20 voice acting total including male and female. It's simply not feasible. Besides, there are races like Khajiit that speak in a very special manner (like referring to themselves in third person), it wouldn't work well in a voiced environment.
    Not necessarily.

Look at Dragon Age Inquisition. A game with 4 races to choose from, as well as two genders. Did they hire 8 different voice-actors to deliver the lines? nope, they had 2 male actors, and 2 female actors, and that's it.

Even then, look at SWTOR, a game where they DID hire 8 different actors to voice the lines of each protagonist, and to go even further, even in conversations that were not part of a class story (Such as the last two expansions) their lines are not entirely identical to one another, they often tweaked and altered them to fit the personality of the class saying them.

Those are 2 examples that it can be done on a large scale.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I *want* Orsinium, but *expect* Elseweyr, Black Marsh or Summerset.
    Orsinium would be awesome, especially since it's in a different place to the Second Era and Third Era versions we've already explored.

Expecting Hammerfell personally though, which I'd also be fine with, Redguards are pretty cool.

Dragonborn gave a bit of a hint at returning to Morrowind, albeit on the mainland this time near the city of Blacklight, which I would also enjoy, despite morrowind being done to death by now.

I'd like them to focus on something other than exploration this time around (Since Bethesda can't get that right for the life of them). Preferably story or RPG elements.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-05-24 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Not necessarily.

Look at Dragon Age Inquisition. A game with 4 races to choose from, as well as two genders. Did they hire 8 different voice-actors to deliver the lines? nope, they had 2 male actors, and 2 female actors, and that's it.

Even then, look at SWTOR, a game where they DID hire 8 different actors to voice the lines of each protagonist, and to go even further, even in conversations that were not part of a class story (Such as the last two expansions) their lines are not entirely identical to one another, they often tweaked and altered them to fit the personality of the class saying them.

Those are 2 examples that it can be done on a large scale.
    Maybe it could be done, but 10 is still a heck lot more than 4, and the races in ES tend to vary more in their speeches especially the beast races. You could perhaps hire voice actor with amazing variety like Wes Johnson who voiced half the NPCs in Oblivion. It would still be expensive as fuck.

Also BGS is a comparatively smaller studio than Bioware, and Zenimax may be AAA but it lacks the huge coffers of money that EA has.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I want a better creation kit that makes it easier to create large worlds. In particular, I would like LOD generation to be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Maybe it could be done, but 10 is still a heck lot more than 4, and the races in ES tend to vary more in their speeches especially the beast races.
    Not necessarily. I mean, is there REALLY that big of a difference between elves, dark elves, and wood elves, that a single talented voice actor couldn't just slightly alter?

Same for redguards, breton, and imperials. So that right there, is six races, easily doable with 2 actors. Then hire a third one for Argonians/Khajiit, and a fourth one for Nords and Orcs and you're set.

If the actors are talented enough, its entirely doable. I mean look at Troy Baker, dude voices smooth suave charmers like Theron Shan in SWTOR and the scoundrel in Diablo 3, but also gruff grizzled tough guys like Joel in The Last of Us, and DeWytt in Bioshock Infinite, and then he goes and voices Gul'dan in Legion. That's one fucking impressive voice-range that one would be hard pressed thinking came out of the same man.

And he's hardly the only one who can do it, Jennifer Hale, Laura Bailey, and Patrick Seitz all have some incredibly varied voice range (To put this in context, Patrick Seitz lends Garrosh his deep gravelly voice, but he also lends Prince Arthas his smooth voice, and then he also voices Artanis in Starcraft 2, among many MANY other roles).

Such actors are not hard to find, and before you say that it would be "expensive as fuck", think again. Voice-actors get paid very very little money for what they do =/ its an unfortunate side of the business that has continued for decades. The amount of money devoted to an actor's paycheck represents a microscopic fraction of the game's budget, and this doesn't change much even if the actor has attained fame and recognition.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would assume that if we got Orsinium it would be alongside the rest of High Rock right? Orsinium itself is probably a bit small
    Well in TES II: Daggerfall (Which has the original Orsinium) the game world was apparently the size of Britain, they could just make the area new Orsinium area bigger, sure it'd feel out of proportion with Morrowind through Skyrim, but it'd stay true to the size of its Daggerfall incarnation.

Plus Orsinium is now between hammerfell and Skyrim, meaning their only choice would be to include it with hammerfell to give the world a bit of contrast from all the sand. Which sounds like a good idea imo. They could even have a secret Dragon Boss that's actually tough hidden up there somewhere with its proximity to Skyrim and the fact that those mountains have Dragon Tombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in ESO Orsinium is on the North Coast of the continent against Wayrest in the South and Skyrim to the East. I think the most likely region for ES:6 will be Summerset Isle, since it hasn't been done by ESO yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.