Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    So in other words, Ornyx was completely wrong because it should be understood by everyone with an iota of common sense that when someone says there's "no content" that they always mean, "no content of interest TO ME". The person posting is well aware of what the content is and from the sound of it has done more than a made up, undefined statistic of "25%.

Taking something someone says literally and then proceeding to not use common sense to make up a false statistic to discount the persons statement is, as you said, entirely wrong.

In any case, the disturbing thing is that instead of asking the player what is it you don't like about this or that content that it appears you haven't done, the CM representing the business decides it is the customer's fault for not doing the content and doesn't try to get at the source of their discontent, they merely attack the player based on bogus statistics to try to discredit a totally subjective and valid complaint.

Blizzard could make 10 billion hours worth of candy crush content and stick it in game and that would not make anyone who complained that there was no content wrong because they hadn't completed even .00001% of the content. Content that is ignored or deemed not worth doing or as Blizzard discovered by splitting content into shit for 36 specs of whatever isn't seen, may as well not exist regardless of how much work or cost went into making it and it's not the customer's problem that the work isn't perceived as being useful.
    Horse shit. Stop with the reflexive whine cycles and automatic hyperbole and express yourselves properly if you want to be treated with anything other than disdain.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because if someone is stupid enough to say there's no content, you deserve to be called out on it. It's called wording things properly. A blizzard poster is going to respond DIRECTLY to what the person said, NOT reading between the lines because its better to be direct in a business then "read between the lines" and get it wrong.
    The blizzard poster is not required to respond to everyone. Nor should they if all they're going to do is belittle.

Thats part of the point here. He did not have to say anything. He not only dropped in to say something he didn't need to, then he continued doing so in a later thread which he then subsequently closed, a thread which was against the ToS in the first place, but he kept replying to for two hours.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The blizzard poster is not required to respond to everyone. Nor should they if all they're going to do is belittle.

Thats part of the point here. He did not have to say anything. He not only dropped in to say something he didn't need to, then he continued doing so in a later thread which he then subsequently closed, a thread which was against the ToS in the first place, but he kept replying to for two hours.
    Blizzard posters can respond to whomever they want. You don't get to make that decision.

They also aren't customer service reps, so they can and should push back if people start shit too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Really, the part I found weirdest was how Ornyx more or less said "If you want communication go to discord". Seems to me the exact thing a CM shouldnt say.
    I read it as "If you want to talk to me more about this one on one, come to discord." It wasn't anything like "all communication should go through discord" or "I only take feedback via discord". I think he was trying to state it's hard to get in depth or takes too long to have a full conversation on a forum, but easier via something like discord, where you can go back and forth quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I have nothing against "blues" at all and it's not their job to be abused but it's also not their job to sink to the same level as the trolls.
    It's unprofessional and there is no excuse.
    the blues and Cm's get death threats pretty often
    do you really think it is unprofessional to point out "hey you shouldent be complaining about lack of content when anyone can prove you have done 1% of the games content"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's character specific though regardless

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you lack imagination

I play WoW for quests, story, RP and collecting stuff. I have only done 5 Mythics and probably done LFR less than 50x since September. Dungeons and raids are like 25% for me

- - - Updated - - -

The minority do Mythic +
    acheivments are not char specific

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You can, just not when you are a company rep on a public forum.

The customer wasn't snarky either.

This isn't the case of a troll getting some words back from a blue. This is a case of a stupid blue not finding anything better than pick at a random poster and flaunt his armory to devalue his posts in the eyes of the public. Which failed hard, by the way, judging by the responses.
    wendy's does it all the time and they are being fucking praised for it
    and not really, that was fucking awesome what Ornyx did, dude was like "NO FUCKING CONTENT GAME SUX" then Ornyx looked at the dudes acheives and was like "dude you have done 0 of the content we have given you"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Did he check his own twitter feed first so he didn't look stupid? Doesn't seem so, it still tells the story of a guy who quit WoW for FF14.
    Most Blizzard devs have been open about playing competitors games. It's how every single developer comes up with ideas or ways to implement an idea into their own game. Plus they are gamers at heart. Of course they will play another game that could be fun.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    He wasn't complaning about anything except the lack of content which is retarded. There are faults with legion, and honestly one of them might that there is TOO much to do in legion.
    I don't disagree with you on that. I've returned to WoW after being away for a long time(last played during Cataclysm) and the current expansion is the best one they've put out so far in terms of content.

Still wrong. For example, I've been playing Wow for 9 years. I created account and started to play Wow on official servers on almost exactly the same sunny spring day of 2008, as today one. And you know. During this 9 years I tried every single piece of Wow's content. Dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, even arenas - literally everything. And I found out, what content I like and what I don't like. I don't need to "try" Legion's content to determine, whether I would like it or not. I already know it for sure. So, sorry, but no. Experienced enough player can say "this xpack has no content" even without trying all possible kinds of content. Saying opposite - is just another "You don't have X achievement - you don't have right to post anything on forums" elitist BS. Forum trolls and other kinds of forum PVPers can do it, but not community managers. This is disrespectful. We are not 12yr old kids, devs can treat as dirt - we are paying customers. And this game is still alive exactly because some players, including me, are very loyal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    he actually did not, if you read the thread it appears the guy in question has done MUCH more than mere 25% of legion, so ornyx is a salty asshole in this case, appealing to the fact that he "per se" is not a customer service and does not need to adhere to the CS standards, when you have degraded to the point where you have to scream that "I DONT HAVE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES" is kinda eye-opening for the community, except ofc white-knight trolls.
    Ooohh he completed LFR on 1 of his 4 characters. Barely completed EM and hasn't touched TOV. Isn't higher than 70% on achievements completed on any of his 4 easily identifiable characters. Doesn't PVP either. So Orynx was spot on in his retort to saying he hasn't touched more than 25% of the content of this expansion.

It's asinine to say there's no content. Like Orynx said if he's bored of the current content that's something completely different. Semantics plays a big part in communication and it's something you failed to pickup by reading the blue posts as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    This expansion, hands down has more content than the majority of the previous expansions. People are just being entitled nowadays.
    Too bad 90% is trivial garbage that most people stomp over in 2 weeks due to super ez gearing and other factors. Heroic/Mythic raiding is legit, but requires a schedule - not really that good for the real average Joe.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    love the gif btw good job but yeah, welcome to some of the mmochamp posters

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the blues and Cm's get death threats pretty often
    do you really think it is unprofessional to point out "hey you shouldent be complaining about lack of content when anyone can prove you have done 1% of the games content"
    Threats like that should never be acceptable, of course.
    This was nothing of the sort, however.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Threats like that should never be acceptable, of course.
    This was nothing of the sort, however.
    yeah, it was somone being a snarky asshole and ornyx simply said "play more of legion, you are missing 75% of the expansions content, play the rest, once you have tried the rest of it, then you can complain"

he is not going "LOL FUCK YOU CASUAL FUCK"

He is saying "Try it first, once you have tried everything then you can complain about there not being enough"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah, it was somone being a snarky asshole and ornyx simply said "play more of legion, you are missing 75% of the expansions content, play the rest, once you have tried the rest of it, then you can complain"

he is not going "LOL FUCK YOU CASUAL FUCK"

He is saying "Try it first, once you have tried everything then you can complain about there not being enough"
    He took one look at an alt that clearly had done more once you looked at his achivements and even then, that person explained that there wasn't enough content that he or she liked in this expantion and nerfing AP gains is not going to somehow make that content more intresting.

If you can't handle complaints and angry players then you stay away from the forums and you don't work as a CM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    No he wasent, 2017 and you still think the "customer is always right" BS.
    The dudes tryed to be snorky and he responded accordingly.
    It's not about being right or wrong. It's about maintaining composure and politeness vs a paying customer.

Loved it. It wasn't an insult, it wasn't a criticism, it was a well-founded retort to knee-jerk hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Loved it. It wasn't an insult, it wasn't a criticism, it was a well-founded retort to knee-jerk hyperbole.
    A look at the persons achievements would show that it wasnt that well founded.

Nor did Ornyx have to reply at all.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Wow this thread went really bad after rda had to give us his opinion

Anyone that has worked in any sort of customer service setting can all agree on one thing -- the customer is very rarely right.

Keep it up, Ornyx!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Torn to be honest. He is right but he is defending a atrocious system. Grinding AP isn't fun and acts as a gate to get into high end content that honestly wasn't needed.