Thread: [TV] Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    A little electrical explosion will not send/create shrapnel to burst a pipe. More likely it creates a fire.

I am sick of the fucking writers of this fucking show not knowing how fucking technology works. Like an example, someone hacked a computer and then caused it to explode/spark.... Because that is how hacking works....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

Hacking can cause explosions. And has been done in RL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

Hacking can cause explosions. And has been done in RL
    If it has something that is vulnerable and high importance, like a nuclear plant or a power plant, yes. But a random computer? No, it can't happen.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

"Hey, we're running out of oxygen"
    "I know, let's run a motorcycle indoors"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Not a bad episode, not great. I'm still just not a fan of Prometheus so it's sort of meh for me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

How did he even find that video yet alone know where to look for it and find the body and even knew what to look for in the first place...

Also another plot hole...

Oliver vs Slade "Aren't your forgetting kid I'm the one who taught you how to fight."
    Oliver vs Chase "We got trained by the same person"

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    How did he even find that video yet alone know where to look for it and find the body and even knew what to look for in the first place...

Also another plot hole...

Oliver vs Slade "Aren't your forgetting kid I'm the one who taught you how to fight."
    Oliver vs Chase "We got trained by the same person"
    Chase meaning Talia, while ignoring the other training Ollie got before and after her, but that's just one on a long list of why I didn't care for Prometheus, same with him finding that video while being trained by Talia and getting a law degree and becoming a DA...

I mean, most of the team is on point this season, and if the huge finale fight is good, it'll make it all worth while, but meh. Still disappointed in Artemis or whatever her name is.

Was the cop with him at the delivery Ragman or just really similar?

I thought it was a very solid episode, but I take a huge exception to Oliver not thinking his father's a cold-blooded murderer because literally the last thing Robert Queen did before killing himself was to kill some random dude in the raft with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Just really similar; I did a double take as well.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yeah, the entire point of the speech was that Robert Queen was involved with so much bad stuff, he wanted his son to do better, so the surprise that he covered up some random death, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Chase meaning Talia, while ignoring the other training Ollie got before and after her, but that's just one on a long list of why I didn't care for Prometheus, same with him finding that video while being trained by Talia and getting a law degree and becoming a DA...

I mean, most of the team is on point this season, and if the huge finale fight is good, it'll make it all worth while, but meh. Still disappointed in Artemis or whatever her name is.

Yeah that that is what i was getting at, Oliver has 10years exp training from Shado, Slade, Talia, League, and w/e. And Chase is giving him a hard time, he so much more to fall back on beside using moves only Talia taight him. Should of really been "we both had same teacher"..."she wasn't the only one who taught me"...Wham KaPow Smash...The End.

Both Prometheus and Savitar real identity have been underwhelming this season, and what ever happened to Vigilante he fell off the grid once we knew hew wasn't Chase.

Yeah that that is what i was getting at, Oliver has 10years exp training from Shado, Slade, Talia, League, and w/e. And Chase is giving him a hard time, he so much more to fall back on beside using moves only Talia taight him. Should of really been "we both had same teacher"..."she wasn't the only one who taught me"...Wham KaPow Smash...The End.
    Prometheus has been like that from the start, just random abilities he doesn't deserve IMO. I'm also not clear when he learned that Ollie was Arrow. He had the setup to kill folks the Hood killed, well, name wise. Obviously he learned a lot from Talia, right? But that was after Ras died at the end of Season3. So between end of Season3 and start of Season5, Chase and Talia connected.

So I guess Church telling Prometheus Ollie=Arrow meant nothing. So when Hood killed Chase-Dad in Season1, he then stayed in law school and stuff? Then at some point he began working on Psycho-Revenge-Plan and somehow met Talia? When he believed that Roy was Arrow/Hood and died in prison, did that delay his plans or anything?

Artemis was also a huge disappointment. Like Ollie-Dad, the point of Ollie's speech to her was that he had done things wrong and now knew they could be better, so she wanted to be better. The idea that she loses all faith in him because she finds out that he had done things wrong felt kind of thin. Then she hooks up with Prometheus, a REAL Psycho. How did they even MEET!

Both Prometheus and Savitar real identity have been underwhelming this season, and what ever happened to Vigilante he fell off the grid once we knew hew wasn't Chase.
    I did like the Vigilante fake out, but Vigilante was so stupid. I wish these shows would just not use guns if they're going to be so gun-stupid.

I think Arrow has been good for the arrow side of things, and Russia was fun enough, but the metaplot/villainy was meh for me. Flash has also been dragging a bit too much.

Enough with CHASE already !!

It was nice to see Slade back.. how did i miss that he was not dead? memory must be short.. i was totally surprised to see him at the end of the episode, but it made me smile, would be nice to have original Slade back, not twisted Slade. I actually liked the character alot in the flashback.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

It was nice to see Slade back.. how did i miss that he was not dead? memory must be short.. i was totally surprised to see him at the end of the episode, but it made me smile, would be nice to have original Slade back, not twisted Slade. I actually liked the character alot in the flashback.
    Last I recall him showing up outside of that mind thing in the crossover was when Malcom Merlyn let him loose on the island for Oliver and Thea. He's no longer affected by the Mirakuru and hasn't been since Season 2, but he still hates Oliver. My guess is since it's been some time since he's supposedly been seeing Shadow and having his emotions twisted that he'll still hate Oliver but probably be a bit more rational about it. Oliver will also probably strike a deal to let him go or something opening up to the possibility of seeing him again in future seasons. If Grant Wilson is still going to exist in the future then Slade has to get out somehow.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Chase comes off more as tool more than anything else. How did him and Talia even know to find each other, on an "I hate the Vigilante/Hood/Arrow" chat room or something.

Honesty they should of made Chase Kovars son from Russia instead of the kid of some no name guy we never even seen in an episode, that would go full circle seeing how that is the theme of this season. That would give him time to actually train while building his cover, right now its all rushed and the time frame in the plot doesn't add with up training, law school, getting elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Last I recall him showing up outside of that mind thing in the crossover was when Malcom Merlyn let him loose on the island for Oliver and Thea. He's no longer affected by the Mirakuru and hasn't been since Season 2, but he still hates Oliver. My guess is since it's been some time since he's supposedly been seeing Shadow and having his emotions twisted that he'll still hate Oliver but probably be a bit more rational about it. Oliver will also probably strike a deal to let him go or something opening up to the possibility of seeing him again in future seasons. If Grant Wilson is still going to exist in the future then Slade has to get out somehow.

okay..don't know anything about Grant Wilson, but I always thought Slade was entirely irrational because of the Mirakauru to blame Oli in the first place. And even with sanity restored it still takes time to process all that rage, if you've ever dealt with confronting irrational hate and misplaced blame. So who knows. maybe i'm being hopeful, did like Slade in the flashbacks, would be nice to get that guy back.

- - - Updated - - -

Chase comes off more as tool more than anything else. How did him and Talia even know to find each other, on an "I hate the Vigilante/Hood/Arrow" chat room or something.

Honesty they should of made Chase Kovars son from Russia instead of the kid of some no name guy we never even seen in an episode, that would go full circle seeing how that is the theme of this season. That would give him time to actually train while building his cover, right now its all rushed and the time frame in the plot doesn't add with up training, law school, getting elected.
    that would have actually made a bit more sense. but their world feels a little larger and more real for him being a bit obscure, i do note that these guys don't do well with huge diversity..one of the things i loved about Sense8.. you reall feel the whole world is involved, they follow 8 unique character storylines all with their own lives, no cross overs.. compare that to SHIELD that is supposed to be all around the world but ends up feeling like it wcould all be done in 1 large compound or street block gpt s;; yjr ntrsfyj yjsy oy drr,d yp djpe/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously....fuck that ending.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Seriously....fuck that ending.
    Yeah i agree, there is no way they died. Maybe if it was one or 2 then maybe but this isn't GoT and they aren't going to kill the whole cast but 1 actor lol.

I'm 80% sure Malcolm isn't dead and hes the reason they didn't die.

Malcolm might not be dead but unlikely he has anything to do with the others survival, borrowman will not be back next season for any show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Malcolm might not be dead but unlikely he has anything to do with the others survival, borrowman will not be back next season for any show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the problem with these shows is that endings like Arrow and Flash you auto know cannot be real and thus they lose their meaning.

We know they aren't going to ditch the entire cast and the Flash will be back next season. Only Supergirl, the least impressive of the finales actually has any meaningful loss in its end. Mon'el might be gone for good.

you certainly don't need catastrophe or death to mark a great finale, but you do need a lot of highly emotional stuff to happen, and survival can be as powerful as death.. though shows uopt for death of main characters since this is what people elast expect will happen or very fews manage to actually kill off a lead.

We all know you don't have to, but it serves as dramatic effect, often cheap drama where you can't write as compelling a story without such an occurrence.

the whole thing is like.. so he blows up the island, i don't for one sec think oh..the entire Arrow is lost.. so why end it there?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i agree, there is no way they died. Maybe if it was one or 2 then maybe but this isn't GoT and they aren't going to kill the whole cast but 1 actor lol.

yeaeah. good poin Malcolm somehow survived and he's the reason they do

I guess next season will have all the Arrow updates we want? would be so cool to have it 5 years in the future, Oliver thinks they're all dead, he raises his son, into a mini-arrow? or starts running his company again.

Be nice to have a 5 year jump.. but if htey do that they take Arrow aout of the verse.. actually with Flash and Supergirls endings they could easily skip 5 years into the future.. hta twould be really cool -- they won't do it ofc, a show based on the year 2022 - i mean why not? it's not like it needs to be 2017, none of it is tied to the actual world or current events.. so...

So we can add planting thousands of bombs across the island to the list of "How the fuck did he have time to do that?"

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean seriously. I enjoyed the finale and I enjoyed watching the old Slade back at it getting redemption for himself. But how do you end a finale like that. That was arguably just as bad as the Smallville finales (where the season just ends in the middle of the main conflict) if not worse.

Yea obviously almost all of them aren't dead so prolonging it is only prolonging the explanation as to how they survive. I was totally expecting the plane to fly out from explosions or something and then all of a sudden it just cuts to the closing screen. As much as I want Malcolm to live though he probably doesn't as he's not suppose to appear again next season. Either he dies on the landmine or he dies saving everyone else. There's a few options of who might die to save everyone else though. Better not be Slade. Need him as a recurring character.