Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Sounds like you lean left on all issues until your white [male] fragility is triggered, then you take a hard right.
    It was very important you edit that to add in the "male" part in a topic about food.

http://i.imgur.com/pvXCtP5.mp4

Sounds like you lean left on all issues until your white fragility is triggered.
    See, attributing social, moral, and ethical factors to why other people think and do the things they do is conjecture based on a failure to understand basic tenets of correlation and causation. To put it simply, you're guessing and doing so with your own biased expectations of behavior in mind. To be frank, I could care less that you think I believe or don't believe things because of specific reasons related to white fragility. Whatever you need to believe to justify your opinion, have at it. I'll just laugh at you when you do it. A lot.

Even if they were successful, Mexican recipes were designed for Mexicans, not Portlanders.
    why would you deny Portlanders Mexican food?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Even if they were successful, Mexican recipes were designed for Mexicans, not Portlanders.
    I'll remember next time I see ANYONE is a restaurant different than their race/ethnicity.

Mexican family in a Ethiopian restaurant? THAT FOOD WAS DESIGNED FOR ETHIOPIANS, GET OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Because you we must keep people segregated.

By food.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I don't, but different races have different palates. Just because its successful for one group of people doesn't mean its successful for another.

American food companies that export their wares overseas understand this. McDonalds there is much different from McDonalds here.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    See, attributing social, moral, and ethical factors to why other people think and do the things they do is conjecture based on a failure to understand basic tenets of correlation and causation. To put it simply, you're guessing and doing so with your own biased expectations of behavior in mind. To be frank, I could care less that you think I believe or don't believe things because of specific reasons related to white fragility. Whatever you need to believe to justify your opinion, have at it. I'll just laugh at you when you do it. A lot.
    Whatever you say bro. Clearly, my argument is based on presumptions and not an analysis of your behavior.

A tide is coming, and you need to choose whether to sink or swim.

Folks like Yurano would leave me to starve.

I'm Greek, but live in Seattle. I can't eat anything ethnic because it was not "designed for me", I can't eat most of the Greek places because they are run by Arabs and Mexicans and are therefore cultural appropriation.

Should I just accept my fate and starve? Should I eat at only "white" eateries despite the fact my cuisine is far different than what most white Americans eat? Or gather dandelions at the side of the road to boil?

I don't, but different races have different palates. Just because its successful for one group of people doesn't mean its successful for another.

American food companies that export their wares overseas understand this. McDonalds there is much different from McDonalds here.
    Nope. McDonald's is only meant for the lips of Americans. Those need to be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

I'm Greek, but live in Seattle. I can't eat anything ethnic because it was not "designed for me", I can't eat most of the Greek places because they are run by Arabs and Mexicans and are therefore cultural appropriation.

Should I just accept my fate and starve? Or gather dandelions at the side of the road to boil?
    Hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Nope. McDonald's is only meant for the lips of Americans. Those need to be shut down.
    Hyperbole.

I'm Greek, but live in Seattle. ... Should I just accept my fate and starve? Or gather dandelions at the side of the road to boil?
    Starbucks accepts all races and creeds.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hyperbole.
    Oh the irony.

Hyperbole.

Hyperbole.
    You used white male fragility. You've lost all credibility.

Hyperbole.

Hyperbole.
    Must be nice, sitting in that racial ivory tower of yours.
    Hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Oh the irony.
    Nope, just a little cultural appropriation

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You used white male fragility. You've lost all credibility.
    Its pretty sad that white man's response white fragility is always personal attacks.

Hyperbole.
    Just using your own "reasoning". Should I starve? Eat shrubbery?

What are approved "white" places for me to eat? Should I just stock white bread, mayo, and miracle whip?

Save me from my cisheteronormative white male privilege!

lol yall lost good burritos to f*cks complaining about good burritos. sucks for everyone, bring back good burritos.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore
    I've been linked pictures of anime that are already like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump
    What has science done?!

Just using your own "reasoning". Should I starve? Eat shrubbery?

What are approved "white" places for me to eat? Should I just stock white bread, mayo, and miracle whip?

Save me from my cisheteronormative white male privilege!
    Please don't misrepresent what I said, maybe you should go back and read more carefully.

Please don't misrepresent what I said, maybe you should go back and read more carefully.
    Mexican burritos for Mexicans only.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just a little cultural appropriation
    No, ironical.

10+ Year Old Account
    What rubbish. People have been sharing recipes and refining them over the ages for generations and across cultures. This isn't some sacred religious food either, it's a bloody burrito. Having others put their own unique spin on a recipe should be applauded, not clutch your pearls over due to some misguided sense of a victim-complex in which everyone not White can wallow in.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-05-25 at 07:51 AM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)