15+ Year Old Account
    I am not super excited yet with what they have revealed for Destiny 2. The most interesting bit is the PC release and battlenet integration.

Hopefully, since Destiny 2 is a complete rewrite, it will end up being better than the original. Feels more like Destiny 1.5 though.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-22 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoniize View Post
    You can. It's on the Q&A on the front page of MMO. Blizzard already said their currency will pay for it.
    You quoted me saying this back in March lol.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    You quoted me saying this back in March lol.
    It was a slow work day, wasn't paying attention to dates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I am not super excited yet with what they have revealed for Destiny 2. The most interesting bit is the PC release and battlenet integration.

Hopefully, since Destiny 2 is a complete rewrite, it will end up being better than the original. Feels more like Destiny 1.5 though.
    i was kinda excited at first for destiny 2 after seeing some reveals (woah, borderlands as an mmo! ... i dont own any console and had no idea what destiny 1 actually is :P) but it kinda died after i read that destiny doesnt have dedicated servers and destiny 2 wont have them either... can anyone who played destiny 1 comment on connection quality / problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    can anyone who played destiny 1 comment on connection quality / problems?
    It was fine, some times there was cheap kills in PVP but it was rare. (In my experience)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i was kinda excited at first for destiny 2 after seeing some reveals (woah, borderlands as an mmo! ... i dont own any console and had no idea what destiny 1 actually is :P) but it kinda died after i read that destiny doesnt have dedicated servers and destiny 2 wont have them either... can anyone who played destiny 1 comment on connection quality / problems?
    A LOT of "oh hey im about to complete tis public event for a cool rewar- [ERROR CODE BABOON LOGGED OUT OF SERVICE/DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER]" errors that remains a constant problem for the first games lifespan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never really had any issues, personally. Any host migration that might happen was fast and seamless and you probably would never notice it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    A LOT of "oh hey im about to complete tis public event for a cool rewar- [ERROR CODE BABOON LOGGED OUT OF SERVICE/DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER]" errors that remains a constant problem for the first games lifespan.
    Never had that happen. Frankly I can't recall ever having a connection issue.

Baboon is a pack loss error. Sounds like the game doesn't like your connection.

Yeah I never had many connection problems in Destiny there was lag in PvP but they've improved on that alot over the course of the games life span.

Anyways I went ahead and pre-ordered off Amazon and got the code for Beta access a few days later so hopefully they give us a date for that at E3.

(watching so no opinion atm)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

(watching so no opinion atm)
    If they had announced the PC version was capped at 30FPS, they would've nailed the coffin shut on this one. It'll be interesting to see if there is any cross-platform playing with PC and console players. I doubt it, but it's been done before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Never really had any issues, personally. Any host migration that might happen was fast and seamless and you probably would never notice it.

- - - Updated - - -

Never had that happen. Frankly I can't recall ever having a connection issue.

Baboon is a pack loss error. Sounds like the game doesn't like your connection.
    I've never met a single destiny player that didn't have connection issues related directly to the game. From people teleporting all over in pvp maps to error codes that throw you back into orbit, destiny has connection issues while literally any other online game I play has none.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Although I know that it would never happen in a million years, it'd be funny as hell if Bungie got Destiny 2 running at 60FPS on the Scorpio. Would be a huge punch in the dick to all the PS4 Pro owners. Although that's why it would never happen (because Bungie is sucking on that Sony teet). That and they'll want to keep parity between the Xbox One and Scorpio to keep things fair, especially in PvP.

But it would still be hilarious if they would allow it to run at higher frames on the Scorpio. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Although I know that it would never happen in a million years, it'd be funny as hell if Bungie got Destiny 2 running at 60FPS on the Scorpio. Would be a huge punch in the dick to all the PS4 Pro owners. Although that's why it would never happen (because Bungie is sucking on that Sony teet). That and they'll want to keep parity between the Xbox One and Scorpio to keep things fair, especially in PvP.

But it would still be hilarious if they would allow it to run at higher frames on the Scorpio. Oh well.
    Or it would never happen because the same reason why they stated it wasn't possible on the pro(the weak cpu) is still a bottleneck on scorpio.

But don't let logic get in the way of your delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Or it would never happen because the same reason why they stated it wasn't possible on the pro(the weak cpu) is still a bottleneck on scorpio.

But don't let logic get in the way of your delusions.
    No fucking shit sherlock. I know the reasons why (they've even been posted in this very thread). I even stated a few of them myself and said that it would never happen anyway regardless.

It was nothing more than a what if/wishful thinking scenario. But don't let things like your lack of comprehension skills get in the way.

You just love trolling MMO-C and arguing with every single person under the sun don't you? Go back under your bridge already.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-25 at 08:06 AM.

Destiny 3 will be the real Destiny 2.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    No fucking shit sherlock. I know the reasons why (they've even been posted in this very thread).
    You "know the reasons" yet you didn't once mention the actual reason in said post. It was just a shit post, and you got called on it. Hold that L and stay salty.

Okay so according to Bungie Destiny 2 will be using a Hybrid system for their servers. So basically some things will be hosted on Bungie's servers while others will continue to be hosted by the players through P2P. So while not a dedicated server it will hopefully work better than in Destiny 1.

http://kotaku.com/bungie-explains-ho...ers-1795587013

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Okay so according to Bungie Destiny 2 will be using a Hybrid system for their servers. So basically some things will be hosted on Bungie's servers while others will continue to be hosted by the players through P2P. So while not a dedicated server it will hopefully work better than in Destiny 1.

http://kotaku.com/bungie-explains-ho...ers-1795587013
    Its the same system they used in Destiny 1.... They literally said the same thing for D1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its the same system they used in Destiny 1.... They literally said the same thing for D1.
    It's not the same system though, they explained that in Destiny 1 everything was handled by the player hosts which was why 1 player with a bad connection could wind up causing lag for everyone, in Destiny 2 some of that stuff will be taken over by the world server instead.