Poll: Who gave up more?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Can't help but find it funny that every time I talk to a DH NPC they say "I have sacrificed everything, what have YOU given!?".

Bitch, I'm an Undead Death Knight.
    My family (presumably) died to the plague during Warcraft III. I myself died.
    Then I was raised against my will as a Forsaken.
    Then I died again, and was raised against my will by the Lich King.
    Then I was forced to kill what few friends I had left in the starting area.
    Sacrifice means willingly giving up on something you care about.

You willingly sacrifice yourself to become a Demon Hunter.
    The transformation into Death Knight is not a willing one. Someone else fucked up your life and raised you by force.

So, Demon Hunters sacrifice way more. However, Death Knights are way more tragic.

If the question was "who lost more" instead, then we could have a debate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Think of it more like, DKs are goths and DHs are emos.
    Lol, that's true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    That depends on the Dk, right now the majority which are the fallen soldiers of the Broken isles accepted the Undeath to defeat the Legion.
    if they were fallen soldiers that later chose to become DKs, they aren't really sacrificing anything, are they? They were already dead, they actually got a new chance to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    if they were fallen soldiers that later chose to become DKs, they aren't really sacrificing anything, are they? They were already dead, they actually got a new chance to fight.
    Sacrificing the sweet release of death and personal peace?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Sacrificing the sweet release of death and personal peace?
    We know nothing about true afterlife in Warcraft. There's quite a lot of tormented ghosts out there for no reason. Going from the Chronicle book, it seems more often than not you just end up wandering in the Shadowlands... So, I have no answer to your question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dks made the ultimate sacrifice they gave their lives and freedom its not even a contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    We know nothing about true afterlife in Warcraft. There's quite a lot of tormented ghosts out there for no reason. Going from the Chronicle book, it seems more often than not you just end up wandering in the Shadowlands... So, I have no answer to your question.
    Bit off topic but this makes me wonder about the distinction between ghosts and undead as far as the physical world is concerned. Seems like ghosts in WC universe are able to interact and influence their surroundings so why do Death Knights bodies have to be reanimated?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Bit off topic but this makes me wonder about the distinction between ghosts and undead as far as the physical world is concerned. Seems like ghosts in WC universe are able to interact and influence their surroundings so why do Death Knights bodies have to be reanimated?
    Ghost are undead. Just incorporeal. I think incorporeal undead require effort/energy to interact with the physical world (i.e.: they manifest throught powers, it's not their natural state). The game just simplifies things by making them just like regular mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Dk's dont realize that them hating on the Demon Hunter edgyness is actually more edgy than DH edge
    I disagree. I don't think Death Knights 'hate' on Demon Hunters, because I don't think DKs could care less about anything. At best, I'd say DKs find Demon Hunters annoying fools for turning to a false power like Fel.

My main is a Draenei DK. I was a life-long champion of the light, who fought the endless armies of the scourge as a bastion against the encroaching darkness, only to die on the battlefield as was my inevitable duty. I was raised against my will, a mindless puppet forced to sow unparalleled destruction and misery against the very realms I lived my life defending. Without pause or sympathy, I slaughtered friends and family for the Lich King.

Now that I am free, I have nothing. Even the light of the Naaru is as cold and dead in my being as my own shriveled heart. The only true power in the universe is Death and I am its champion. I am no longer bound by any allegiance, and the 'Alliance' banners I fight under are only the most politically-expedient means to an end, as I cut through the battlefield for the thrill of the kill (the only feeling this shell of a body is capable of).

Fel is as fleeting as the life which fuels its flame. Even the master, Sargeras, fears that which goes 'bump' in the Void.

DK didn't sacrifice anything. They were victimized, sure, but all they did was then continue on with the situation they were put in. There was no sacrifice made.

DH on the other hand made a specific choice and sacrifice.

Nothing better than edge-lords trying to one-up each other. Thanks for the laughs OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of you are forgetting that player death knights, at least according to the starting zone, are champions who gave their lives to give others a chance to survive. Sure, getting raised as a death knight might not be considered a sacrifice, but the act of dying that lead to them being forced into servitude? that was a willing sacrifice.

What have i sacrificed? Clearly more than you, ya stuck up emo git of an elf!

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    That depends on the Dk, right now the majority which are the fallen soldiers of the Broken isles accepted the Undeath to defeat the Legion.
    Oh really? I guess I missed the part where NPCs said "If I die, rise me as a Death Knight". Also I would love a source that confirms that the majority of soldiers that died in the Broken Shore were raised as Death Knights (and accepted such).

10+ Year Old Account
    Death knights didn't sacrifice anything. They didn't have a say in their fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    What is with your distorted definition of sacrifice?

Soldiers get shot against their will, I'll let the American veteran Society know none of them sacrificed anything.
    Is it? Really? No soldiers wants to get shot. However, being a volunteer soldier means there is a risk to being send to a place where there is danger and death can occur.

They may shot and killed against their will, but they knowingly place themselves in situation where that likelihood can occur. As far as I know, most modern armies in the Europe and in the NA are primary a volunteer forces. So those people who joined the Armed services must be fully aware they can be send to the war, big or small.

So those who died in conflict did sacrificed their lives. Because they knew it could happen and accepted it.

Funny topic. It tends to annoy me as well when playing my Death Knight.

In reply, I usually tell them to suffer well and move on about my business. Being a "one up" person has never been my style.
    But sometimes, I do enjoy killing them and then raising their useless bodies as my personal minion. Depends on the day really.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Can't help but find it funny that every time I talk to a DH NPC they say "I have sacrificed everything, what have YOU given!?".

Bitch, I'm an Undead Death Knight.
    My family (presumably) died to the plague during Warcraft III. I myself died.
    Then I was raised against my will as a Forsaken.
    Then I died again, and was raised against my will by the Lich King.
    Then I was forced to kill what few friends I had left in the starting area.
    So basically the forsaken win. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So basically the forsaken win. Ok.
    But what if you are a Forsaken Death Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    But what if you are a Forsaken Death Knight?
    You just got a bit more emo. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You just got a bit more emo. That is all.
    Emo. Such a tired stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Death Knights exist in a constant state of pain and hunger. Being healed by the light is incredibly painful to them. They were raised from the dead after having given their life fighting the scourge, were forced to commit unspeakable atrocities in the scourge's name, then broke free and turned their original motivations of revenge into one of preserving the world.

Everyone keeps describing DKs as "chaotic evil" or somesuch... which really doesn't make any sense. The Ebon Blade has no ambitions to take over the world or increase their power as a stand alone faction. Everything they've done is to fight some greater evil for Azeroth's protection, whether that be the Lich king or the Legion. In essence, "we do what the living cannot."

Death Knights didn't just sacrifice something once, they exist in a state of sacrifice. They don't angst themselves to death like some undead. (Sylvanas, *cough*) Death knights keep on keepin' on.

And what did DHs do? Rip their eyes out? Oh boo frikkin' hoo. Hell, there's a Death Knight in ICC that did that same thing. And then DHs go around and mouth off about "I'VE SACRIFICED EVERYTHING..." and "NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LEGION'S DESTRUCTION!"

And you know what DKs say? "Tomorrow is another day..."
    I always feelt sad about DKs, considering what they must have gone through, I have never really given any thoughts at all when a DK says "Tomorrow is an another day...", but comparing a DK and DH as of what they say, and with this in mind. Now I feel really sorry for DKs D: It's so sad.
    Last edited by OverFanNisseFrasse; 2017-05-25 at 11:19 AM.