Page 1 of 3
LastLast

(NEW)Scarlet Inquistor's Expurgation - Ret Pally Legendary

Erm....

Simple observation:
    -So it has Mastery (Not sure this stat will be good paired with Soul of The Highlord)
    -It takes a tier slot
    -Effect takes 60 seconds to mature dealing triple damage. Give or take probably around 5 million average Divine Storm with Crusade 15.

Practical usage?
    -Raid : None
    -M+ : None
    Only one thing it "might" be good for...
    -Black Rook Rumble Divine Storm "sweeper"

Probably. Just another thing for fresh rets to hope to not get while hoping for the waist/back/or ring.

Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another legendary blocking me from cloak.

If it wasn't a tier slot it'd be decent TBH. The effect stacks between pulls in dungeons and rest periods/transitions in raids. Would be decent alongside Ashes to Dust for big aoe burst, although it's very limited in its potential even there.

Not to mention this creates a scenario where DS would be usable in ST rotation. It would be decent on fights like Guldan where you wouldn't have need for DS aside from very niche circumstances, like spawned adds. It has some use but it's a bit too specific for general use.

The effect would only be decent after a M+ boss fight which you don't cleave. You could also passively see it as a 10% Divine Storm damage buff for AoE intensive encounters. Nevertheless, due to it's shortcomings of taking a tier slot and a legendary slot. It needs to do better than 10% every 2s.

Take the Windwalker monk's new legendary head as a benchmark: Reduces Strike of the Windlord CD by 20% and your next Blackout Kick if free.

Our legendary should at least buff it by 40% every 2s stacking up to 15 times. Thus syncing with Wake of Ashbringer at 30s and be more intuitive.

What I really don't understand though is that as far as AoE department, Ret isn't facing any problems and yet they are giving us more stuff (Soul of The Highlord and this)to blow up are AoE even higher.

We need something to make our ST stand out more than what WoTN and Thayrn can offer. Something along the lines of:

Judgement causes it to apply Judge's Verdict which deals 20% of the damage dealt during the Judgement duration after the debuff expires.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of AoE burst you can pull off with it is pretty amazing though. It's probably going to be a niche legendary, where high burst AoE matters. Wouldn't have been a bad thing to have on Gul'dan given the timing of his abilities. You would absolutely clobber little sets of eyes every 45 seconds that they spawn, and the burst on the giant eyes would be decent as well. Obviously this extends to other aspects of the fight as well (parasites, adds in general in the last phase).

Ret does need more ST, but I don't think their intention with making new legendaries is to continue down the path of one fits all. This isn't a useless legendary, and I bet it will still be used on encounters that require immediate AoE burst. What made Frost DKs really strong this tier was Sindragosa deleting shit every 5 minutes. Some guilds brought multiple Frost DKs because they trivialized a particular wave of adds when used. This legendary doesn't give you summon Sindragosa, but it gives you a pretty empowered one (up to 300% every minute) without actually having to wait like 3 minutes for it to come off CD.

A lot of encounters are designed with beefy giant AoE sections, and oddly enough those timers usually are every 30 to 60 seconds normally. In those scenarios it makes this legendary pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post

What I really don't understand though is that as far as AoE department, Ret isn't facing any problems and yet they are giving us more stuff (Soul of The Highlord and this)to blow up are AoE even higher.
    Every spec has a strength, ours is clearly cleave AoE. It wouldn't be a balanced game if we could do both great ST and great cleave AoE.

Look at rogue for example. Assassination rogues are good at ST, Outlaw is good at AoE and Sub is a bit of both. It keeps one spec from being stronger than the other two in that each has a niche that the others wouldn't be as good at.

Pally has 1 dps spec, and its strength is cleave. Our ST is not bad, so we don't really need buffs to it. This is what Blizzard has decided Ret's strength will be.

We can't demand the strength of the spec be changed, we can only play it the best we can.

We also don't need ST legos specifically. All our BiS (Cloak/belt/Highlord ring) give both ST and AoE benefits which can't be said for a lot of classes BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Every spec has a strength, ours is clearly cleave AoE. It wouldn't be a balanced game if we could do both great ST and great cleave AoE.

Look at rogue for example. Assassination rogues are good at ST, Outlaw is good at AoE and Sub is a bit of both. It keeps one spec from being stronger than the other two in that each has a niche that the others wouldn't be as good at.

Pally has 1 dps spec, and its strength is cleave. Our ST is not bad, so we don't really need buffs to it. This is what Blizzard has decided Ret's strength will be.

We can't demand the strength of the spec be changed, we can only play it the best we can.

We also don't need ST legos specifically. All our BiS (Cloak/belt/Highlord ring) give both ST and AoE benefits which can't be said for a lot of classes BiS.
    Yes we can.
    First off, we're not asking for our ST damage to be "Great".
    Seconds off, our AoE is not "Great" either. See Demolocs and Boomkis for reference.
    And third off, we ask only for our ST damage to be compteteive.
    Because it's not.

Overall though, extremely niche , shitty legendary.
    Cheers to you all who'll be stuck with it instead of actual legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yes we can.
    Seconds off, our AoE is not "Great" either. See Demolocs and Boomkis for reference.
    Because it's not.

I don't know what demo locks or boomkins you've been running with but I've found ret aoe to be far stronger when stuff isn't spread out. Obviously if stuffs on the other side of the room from each other then sure.
    Last edited by Nition; 2017-05-25 at 12:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes we can.
    Because it's not.

Well, our AoE DID get better with "Judge Unworthy"... it's a shame though that newcomers won't be getting that for a long. Long. Time.

TBH I'm so happy when tomb finally comes around so i can use 2p + 4p and ring instead of cloak. cloak feels like shit when you actually have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    I don't know what locks or boomkins you've been running with but I've found ret aoe to be far stronger when stuff isn't spread out. Obviously if stuffs on the other side of the room from each other then sure.
    Good locks or boomkins.
    Even when everything is clustered, I see Wlocks doing a lot stronger AoE than Ret.
    Take Scorpyron for example.
    Have you seen Wlocks do upwards of 6kk dps there?
    I did.
    But have you seen Ret do such a feat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Well, our AoE DID get better with "Judge Unworthy"... it's a shame though that newcomers won't be getting that for a long. Long. Time.
    I'm not arguing that.
    Our Aoe is strong, and it did get improvements.
    But it's not as ultimate or strong as people fashion it.
    Not to mention we're getting our AoE nerfed next patch, both in PvP(incredibly heavy-handed way) and in Dragonslaying, which was long due actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good locks or boomkins.
    Even when everything is clustered, I see Wlocks doing a lot stronger AoE than Ret.
    Take Scorpyron for example.
    Have you seen Wlocks do upwards of 6kk dps there?
    I did.
    But have you seen Ret do such a feat?
    Well that's exactly my point. If a boomkin or demo lock is beating you on Scorpyron then you're doing something wrong. And that's both the cheese, and non-cheese strats. The only spec that will blow ret out of the water is Afflic locks (and survival hunters I'd imagine).

Well that's exactly my point. If a boomkin or demo lock is beating you on Scorpyron then you're doing something wrong. And that's both the cheese, and non-cheese strats. The only class that will blow ret out of the water is Afflic locks (and survival hunters I'd imagine).
    Well if it's exactly your point, please do tell me, have you ever managed to do upwards of 6kk dps on Scorpyron as Ret?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    My friends who just came back to the game over a week ago have all their goldens. It's not that hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if it's exactly your point, please do tell me, have you ever managed to do upwards of 6kk dps on Scorpyron as Ret?
    You mean 6mil?

No, but that's irrelevant to the fights. They're not doing 6m to the boss, they're cheesing adds. Name a situation other than skorp where you've seen anyone do constant 6m.

Right, there isn't one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? How is that your argument? You want rets to be as good as affliction locks? Affliction locks are clearly too strong right now as they dominate every fight in NH. You can't compare us to them, and if you are then you're asking to be made overpowered. We are the 2nd/3rd best aoe spec in the game, easily.

And maybe not 6mill dps, but I've had parses upwards of 4mill. Most classes don't even come close to that.

as someone said earlier it's probably going to act like a 10% DS buff and won't really replace any legendary slots in m+ or otherwise. during crusade you are going to be pumping out divine storms every second, so you aren't going to get much use out of this legendary with wings active. this doesn't seem terrible in between wings; shoulders may still be better but there will need to be some testing done

I don't know what locks or boomkins you've been running with but I've found ret aoe to be far stronger when stuff isn't spread out. Obviously if stuffs on the other side of the room from each other then sure.
    Locks are better without question, but bomkin is slightly lower. They have way more utility though and like you said are king for situations where mobs refuse to stack together.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Locks are better without question, but bomkin is slightly lower. They have way more utility though and like you said are king for situations where mobs refuse to stack together.
    Sure affliction locks are just brokenly good right now, considering how they're dominating every fight in NH. However he specifically said demo locks.

Wait what? How is that your argument? You want rets to be as good as affliction locks? Affliction locks are clearly too strong right now as they dominate every fight in NH. You can't compare us to them, and if you are then you're asking to be made overpowered. We are the 2nd/3rd best aoe spec in the game, easily.

And maybe not 6mill dps, but I've had parses upwards of 4mill. Most classes don't even come close to that.
    No, I don't.
    But what I DO want, is to people to stap parading Ret AoE like some kind of justification for our ST damage being below middle.
    Sure affliction locks are just brokenly good right now, considering how they're dominating every fight in NH. However he specifically said demo locks.
    I may have misplaced Demo and Affli, but the point stands.
    And btw, do you see any Lock nerfs inbound?
    Yet Ret recives both PvP and Dragonslaying AoE damage nerfs.
    Yes, separate nerfs, so doubly so in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post

You mean 6mil?

No, but that's irrelevant to the fights. They're not doing 6m to the boss, they're cheesing adds. Name a situation other than skorp where you've seen anyone do constant 6m.

Right, there isn't one.
    Yes, I mean 6 millions worth of DPS.
    Doesnt matter if it's done to boss or not.
    Ret AoE dps is not done to boss alone either.
    And my point is , Ret AoE is not The strongest.

But for the sake of arguement, name a fight where Ret can surpass an Afflilock.

Right, there's none.