Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pretty fucked up that cool talents are gated behind RNG

There's been talk since Cacaclysm that players would have all this choice of talents and nothing would be cookie cutter best in class and that talents would offer very different way to play your class blah-de-fucking-blah, and I'm looking at all these legendaries with shit-fuck-awesome powers and I'm thinking there's some goddamn talents that would offer really different ways to play your class but you want them?

Well pray to fucking jesus to get them, cause you could farm the entire expansion and get no more than one. I've been doing emissary quests myself every day since expansion launched and LFR and all I've gotten on my paladin is the probably the most useless legendary in the game. I'm digressing though, it's just fucked up how they're locking interesting gameplay class mechanics behind RNG, after already making us grind for months just to unlock our artifacts' abilities. What the tits. What the fuck is this, pay2win? It's already pay2play and subscription to play, have they no shame?

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes the talents offer some interesting choices now. I know I switch some in and out on all my alts, anyway.
    Yes, you can get magic items that progress your character, some of which are kind of exciting.
    No, none of this is a problem. It's a game.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really that 'fucked up', I like it, means that there can't be a 100% cookie cutter.

And really, as you stated, the 'cool' talents, makes sense you don't get them for free.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Yes the talents offer some interesting choices now. I know I switch some in and out on all my alts, anyway.
    Yes, you can get magic items that progress your character, some of which are kind of exciting.
    No, none of this is a problem. It's a game.
    What does it being a game have to do with not being a problem? We're talking about an RPG where you already spend hours upon hours grinding things, and some really cool talent choices which are part of what makes an rpg an rpg are not even gated behind work, they're gated behind RNG work. You could do everything right for a whole year and still not get them. How does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really that 'fucked up', I like it, means that there can't be a 100% cookie cutter.

And really, as you stated, the 'cool' talents, makes sense you don't get them for free.
    For free? You have to level, grind artifact points, grind gear, do raids, dungeons and all this shit, and you still consider that as "for free"? They promised us for 3 expansions that the talents choices would be amazing and change the way we play our class, and yet here they are hiding some of the coolest talents outside the talent tree behind pure RNG. How does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    What does it being a game have to do with not being a problem? We're talking about an RPG where you already spend hours upon hours grinding things, and some really cool talent choices which are part of what makes an rpg an rpg are not even gated behind work, they're gated behind RNG work. You could do everything right for a whole year and still not get them. How does that make any sense?

For free? You have to level, grind artifact points, grind gear, do raids, dungeons and all this shit, and you still consider that as "for free"? They promised us for 3 expansions that the talents choices would be amazing and change the way we play our class, and yet here they are hiding some of the coolest talents outside the talent tree behind pure RNG. How does that make sense?
    That's not what pay2win means.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

There's been talk since Cacaclysm that players would have all this choice of talents and nothing would be cookie cutter best in class and that talents would offer very different way to play your class blah-de-fucking-blah, and I'm looking at all these legendaries with shit-fuck-awesome powers and I'm thinking there's some goddamn talents that would offer really different ways to play your class but you want them?

Well pray to fucking jesus to get them, cause you could farm the entire expansion and get no more than one. I've been doing emissary quests myself every day since expansion launched and LFR and all I've gotten on my paladin is the probably the most useless legendary in the game. I'm digressing though, it's just fucked up how they're locking interesting gameplay class mechanics behind RNG, after already making us grind for months just to unlock our artifacts' abilities. What the tits. What the fuck is this, pay2win? It's already pay2play and subscription to play, have they no shame?
    Your whining is so incredibly pathetic. And you're looking at it from the wrong angle. You think you're entitled to something. What I see is that there are items out there that actually have interesting stuff on them and not just flat stat increases. And how any of this has anything to do with "pay2win" is beyond any person with a sane mind. Why don't you stop blathering incredible nonsense?

"1 legendary all expansion"

"Pay2Win"

See, this is where you realize its a worthless troll thread.

And if its not a troll thread, a new low on stupidity once more!

10 years, this forum keeps delving deeper into stupid.

Deleted
    Is op a retard? Tune up @5pm for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

It would be different if you had to make a choice and put effort into earning them, but its purely RNG. Of course there is still cookie cutter, some just perform better than others, especially on particular fights. You just can't copy them now because its random if you'll ever get the pieces you need to. Playing somewhat casually I'm 6/11 for holy paladin, I was lucky enough to find most of my "BiS" legendaries, but there are many others who weren't. (Good luck if you play alts)

As far as play style changing, they removed the only interesting one from me, Chain of Thrayn used to make blessings an extra healing button. I could help mitigate damage or remove CC while still providing healing. Now it just makes my cooldown do more healing. My other options are my next spells heal more, my beacon heals more, heal more, heal more, heal more. Its pretty easy to math out which will provide the biggest bonus for any given situation.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I mean, you are fundamentally right. And that is the fundamental problem with Legendaries. Locking specific play styles, variants or other gameplay changing perks behind something so horribly RNG is just laughable. I'll also go ahead and agree that the RNG is bull and really goes out of the way to favor 2 types of players: Dungeoneers and raiders.

But as someone who has personally received 3 oranges across 4 characters, just keep on trucking. Getting my second orange on my mage was a nightmare personally and has led me to simply not want to play my other 3 characters. And frankly, it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that every class/spec has this game changing legendary that makes the spec much better/easier to manage or play, or optimizes certain talents that are otherwise "meh" unless used in conjunction with the orange.

And don't even get me started on class balance. This entire system reeks of trying to make players feel 'special' without at all achieving it, while also simultaneously making what was already horrendous class balance teeter into oblivion. Personally I hope they do away with the system entirely and return to the quest models of previous expansions, perhaps even specialize them into class/spec specific type quest chains.

But yes. TL;DR Talents/playstyles shouldn't be gated behind luck. Save that for marginal WF/TF stat increases.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    "1 legendary all expansion"

"Pay2Win"

See, this is where you realize its a worthless troll thread.

And if its not a troll thread, a new low on stupidity once more!

10 years, this forum keeps delving deeper into stupid.
    Well considering who the OP is I am not surprised one bit of their wall of tirade.. And I totally agree it has to be one of those types of threads because surely people aren't this idiotic are they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Your whining is so incredibly pathetic. And you're looking at it from the wrong angle. You think you're entitled to something. What I see is that there are items out there that actually have interesting stuff on them and not just flat stat increases. And how any of this has anything to do with "pay2win" is beyond any person with a sane mind. Why don't you stop blathering incredible nonsense?
    You know, I'm starting to think this trend of accusing the OP of 'whining' and 'crying' is getting kind of old. At first I hoped it'd be something like a first period with this forum, something we talk about once and then quickly shove under a rug, but people like you still keep on pushing this idea that complaints or criticisms (lol "crying") are somehow related to entitlement.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is the only argument you people can come up with. It's literally in every thread, no matter how well thought the OP is (not saying this was a stellar post, but ffs you tear into him like he just murdered a puppy over the internet.) and everyone who posts these types of responses always has this self-entitled sentiment (which is pretty ironic) that any viewpoint challenging their internal rhetoric can be summed up with entitlement and whining. Oh and the whole "you're missing the big picture/angle/viewpoint" without actually going into what that different picture, viewpoint or angle is. It's like stating 'The sky isn't blue' without offering any kind of meaningful dialogue or explanation.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-05-25 at 11:28 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

By pay2win I'm referring to the fact that your only options is to grind like a madman if you want to get something, or the alternative, pay real money. The difference is, you can't even buy things in WoW, so your only option is artificially lengthened "content" by a carrot on the stick mentality, i.e. "I'll pay for one more month maybe I'll get it this time". Then you do get it and it's not even what you want.

For one, these legendaries haven't even been released. They're still on the PTR. There's some speculation that these legendaries may or may not be targeted via a class hall quest. They're all named after the titles we've received from completing the class hall campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go that route due to the vast majority of the WoW community complaining about the amount of RNG in this expansion. We'll see though, until it's live don't get too down about it.
    "From the Shadows." -Lord Jurach Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well considering who the OP is I am not surprised one bit of their wall of tirade.. And I totally agree it has to be one of those types of threads because surely people aren't this idiotic are they?
    And...who "am I" exactly? Cause I have no fucking clue who you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilano View Post
    For one, these legendaries haven't even been released. They're still on the PTR. There's some speculation that these legendaries may or may not be targeted via a class hall quest. They're all named after the titles we've received from completing the class hall campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go that route due to the vast majority of the WoW community complaining about the amount of RNG in this expansion. We'll see though, until it's live don't get too down about it.
    Yeah, no. I'm going to be critical of it in pretty much every form of testing -before- it goes live, because that's what a good beta tester does. I refuse to wait until live to start holding Blizzard accountable for things they should have been thinking about/doing in the beta (ptr). WoD was a disaster for that reason, among many.

Talents are actually like this for a lot of specs. I switch talents 4-5 times a week on my paladin. But on other specs I never switch specs. Anyway you know nothing about the rings so let's not embarace ourselves. Either way, you can take any talents you want. A lot of the talents on those rings are on tiers that are really close, but just one is a bit better.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted

God forbid you have to put time and effort into an RPG game to unlock your characters potential. Is this your first MMO or?

By pay2win I'm referring to the fact that your only options is to grind like a madman if you want to get something, or the alternative, pay real money. The difference is, you can't even buy things in WoW, so your only option is artificially lengthened "content" by a carrot on the stick mentality, i.e. "I'll pay for one more month maybe I'll get it this time". Then you do get it and it's not even what you want.
    Dude you can take any talents you want. Please use brain. You don't need those legendaries to have those talents.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Yeah, no. I'm going to be critical of it in pretty much every form of testing -before- it goes live, because that's what a good beta tester does. I refuse to wait until live to start holding Blizzard accountable for things they should have been thinking about/doing in the beta (ptr). WoD was a disaster for that reason, among many.
    Being critical is fair and I commend you for that. my comment was directed at the OP, who is obviously upset and complaining over this issue and he didn't mention being a beta tester. Just trying to put things in perspective for the fella.
    "From the Shadows." -Lord Jurach Ravenholdt