Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    MAGA Baby! Probably will win in a landslide.
    Wrong. Prediction markets suggests the vote will be close. Death by Trumpcare and Montana being represented by a violent thug who has been criminally charged. So great!

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up in Montana, so when I was checking Twitter I was surprised to see my home state trending. I was 70% sure it wasn't for a good reason, but a little bit of me was hoping that it was something good, maybe another complete T-Rex skeleton was found...

*sigh*

God-fucking-damnit

The worst part is that Gianforte will probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh look, Ransath is trying to play the Independent card.

Yawn.
    It's the new go-to Selfish Ego-bailout for the Dumbass Dumpster supporters I find. Back in the day, these kinds of people were eloquently referred to by another term: "Fucking cowards".

You see, a dumbass deplorable who supported the most obvious baboon on the planet has a problem - face personal responsibility for being obviously played and admit being flawed (and possibly learn something), or simply adjust the facts to appease their own ego. Dumbass cowards choose the later...

But it's actually kinda a good thing when you look at it ultimately - because it shows just how terrified they are, deep down, of what kind of moron they are and how embarrassed they are that they can't admit anymore in public that they supported the most obvious of evil crooked buisnessmen by being played to their own hatreds and insecurities. How else does a pitiful creature go from cheering Dumbass Dump durring the election to suddenly "I'm indipendent..." in just 100 days?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I bet you it's going to get crazier as I'm certain that FOX news reporter will be out of a job in less than a few days, unless she is told to go silent. A FOX news reporter backing up a liberal reporter's story and recording that's AGAINST a Republican nominee!? We can't have that happen! NO MA'AM!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Gianforte is fighting back against the enemy of the people. A true freedom fighter indeed.

You've got blood on your tiny hands, Donald.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised it took this long for one of these politicians to snap.

Not surprised it was a Republican, given the current political climate.

He'll probably win in a landslide now, lol.
    Self described conservative lauds the assault of a reporter, the free press. US conservatives are diametrically opposed to liberal democracy. They despise free speech and free expression. They are authoritarians through and through, just like their ideological forebears in the deep south since ratification.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Explain to me how you're ok with an assaulter holding a public office and 23 million people losing health insurance.
    It's called "Cleek's Law".

See my sig.
    Cleek's Law

"Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/greg-gianforte-bodyslams-reporter-ben-jacobs-montana

“Following multiple interviews and an investigation by the Gallatin county sheriff’s office it was determined there was probable cause to issue a citation to Greg Gianforte for misdemeanor assault,” sheriff Brian Gootkin said in a statement. “The nature of the injuries did not meet the statutory elements of felony assault
    You can absolutely bet they would have if this situation were reversed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PersephoneDankles View Post
    It's called "Cleek's Law".

See my sig.
    Cleek sounds pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Cleek sounds pretty dumb.
    Are you kidding?

"Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily." sums up the modern conservative movement to a T.
    Cleek's Law

"Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily."

10+ Year Old Account
    One - depending on the question and the manner in which it was asked.
    That's literally criminal behavior.,

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not really sure why you're being so obnoxious just because I pointed out that Montana state law may make a more serious charge untenable.
    I am being "obnoxious" because you suggested what crime the offender is charged with, is dependent on how much damage he did. Not, for example, how much damage he was trying to do, or why he was trying to do damage. Also, you posted something that was the opposite of your point. Someone with "reasonable apprehension" that he might be hurt or killed, does not need to be hurt or killed to file assault charges. The victim of an assault does not need to wait around and say "Well, he has me by the throat, threw me down on the ground, and now he's punching me over and over. Let's see how this plays out before I file any charges!" Think of it like self-defense.

I cannot find a situation in which a reasonable person, who has been grabbed by both hands around the throat, has been thrown down against the ground, and who has been punched repeatedly -- one who is unarmed and did not arrive with the intent to do violence I might add -- would not fear for his safety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    But it's actually kinda a good thing when you look at it ultimately - because it shows just how terrified they are, deep down, of what kind of moron they are and how embarrassed they are that they can't admit anymore in public that they supported the most obvious of evil crooked buisnessmen....
    I proudly voted for Donald Trump and would do so again with no reservation whatsoever. I will do so again in 4 years if he decides to run for a 2nd term.

I am not embarrassed at all.

Trump is kicking ass and doing an awesome job. You, and many of the other people here, that display such zealousness in your desire to denigrate folks that voted for Trump is proof positive of that - and it just reaffirms that REAL Americans made the right choice in electing Donald J. Trump as the 45th POTUS.

Trump is kicking ass and doing an awesome job.
    Citation needed.
    Cleek's Law

Deleted
    More evidence that the GOP has collapsed and become the Trump Troll Party

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not embarrassed at all.
    You are in a minority and that amount is shrinking. Trump's "strong support" floor has fallen faster than his overall favorable rating. So you grab that feeling! Grab it by both hands around the throat! Throw it to the ground, punch it over and over while FOX News looks on in shock and horror. You scream "I am sick and tired of everyone saying Trump is doing a horrible job by citing mountains of evidence supporting it! Just leave me to my fantasy! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You are in a minority and that amount is shrinking. Trump's "strong support" floor has fallen faster than his overall favorable rating. So you grab that feeling! Grab it by both hands around the throat! Throw it to the ground, punch it over and over while FOX News looks on in shock and horror. You scream "I am sick and tired of everyone saying Trump is doing a horrible job by citing mountains of evidence supporting it! Just leave me to my fantasy! LEAVE ME ALONE!"
    Ya - and you keep using "polls" to bolster your narrative, if it makes you feel good...especially from such an "esteemed" site as Nate Silver's.

As I said repeatedly in the run up to the general election - polls don't mean SHIT. They don't matter in the least bit. You - and your brethren of Gen-OT - berated me endlessly about that, so assured in your Clinton "polling numbers". So....how did that work out for you?

BTW - what happened to your weekly diatribe recap of Trump? I miss it, it was quite entertaining. What happened? Lose your conviction? Do I need to start referring to you as "Low Energy Breccia"? Don't have the stamina to keep up with Trump?
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-05-25 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eat yo vegetables

Trump is kicking ass and doing an awesome job.
    Can you give any actual examples of him doing an awesome job?

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Can you give any actual examples of him doing an awesome job?
    He did win the election by the unprecedented margin of -3 million votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    and you keep using "polls" to bolster your narrative
    Sure.

"The public doesn't like, trust, or respect Trump."
    "Can you back that up?"
    "Yes, with these polls that say the public doesn't like, trust, or respect Trump."

That's less of a "narrative" and more of "evidence" really. By the way, when was the last time you heard Trump bragging about his polls? February? Before? Funny how he's gone silent when literally all of them have him over 50% disapprove. No really, all of them. He can't even hide behind "some are accurate" anymore.

And you're missing a bigger point -- no surprise, I mean look at your post history, you haven't posted evidence in your favor in at least two haircuts -- the polls are negative because of what Trump is doing. Or, just as importantly, not doing that he said he would. 100 days promises? Staying out of wars and the Middle East? Hey, remember that time he said he'd propose a Constitutional Amendment on Day One? How's TrumpCare 2.0 going? Re-written from scratch by the Senate, you say? That's neat. How's the Wall going? The Muslim Ban? Relations with Russia worse than ever, he says, and why do you suppose that is? I'll give you a hint: it starts with "Trump is" and rhymes with "a lame fuck".

Trump has miserably failed at just about everything he's done, and that includes the blatantly toxic stuff he's tried to do to screw his own voters. That's why his polls are low. That's why his base is eroding. That's why his support isn't enough to get something the GOP has pushed for for 6 years done, even when they know there's a tiny hand holding a pen in the Oval Office.

Oh and I was pretty clear that the "Trump XXX Days" were going to slow down, but I admit I misjudged how things would follow his 100 day blitz. Tell you what: you start working on your "Awesome Cool Things Trump Has Done and Everyone Loves Him and His Hands Aren't Tiny" thread. I'm sure we'd all LOVE to see how much you can get into that from the last, let's say, two weeks. I'm sure everyone here will treat your cited evidence from trustworthy sources with exactly the same respect you've shown ours.

- - - Updated - - -

The law is written to consider only the damage done
    Valid.

or the damage the victim reasonably believes was imminent when distinguishing between assault and aggravated assault.
    So was that the damage after the chokehold and slammed into the ground, but before being punched repeatedly in public? Because I'm pretty sure, at that point, it's 100% safe to say a reasonable person is going to believe they are in imminent danger. I'm pretty sure, at that point, there's a big pile of evidence that the person who is attacking you, has proven their intent to cause harm.

But why don't we let the voters decide?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sure.

"The public doesn't like, trust, or respect Trump."
    "Can you back that up?"
    "Yes, with these polls that say the public doesn't like, trust, or respect Trump."
    "Hillary is going to crush Trump, he doesn't stand a chance."
    "Can you back that up?"
    "Yes, with these polls that say Hillary is going to crush Trump, he doesn't stand a chance."