Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every non unique looking mmo is doomed to failure...

This is probably gonna end up competing with RDR 2 online sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sounds like a Survival game more than an MMO, just without starvation, dehydration and all that malarkey.

Inb4 it ends up as an Wild West Age of Conan/Rust type of game. Otherwise it doesn't make sense at all and will dry out pretty quickly.
    Popularity? I am not interested at all, soo many great games came out and will come out, especially indie and console ones, so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd rather farm AP then be so worried I'd be fucked over like in EVE.
    You trying to tell me this doesn't describe life in the Wild West perfectly?

Deleted
    I'm guessing there will be no Native Americans in this MMO.

the graphics quality shouldn't be this high in an mmo, imo.

mmos rely on a large playerbase. if a huge portion of people are locked out just because of hardware, it's not gonna get anywhere.

the idea's neat though.

I just heard about this game today. I share other's worries about assholes turning the game into a shit fest, however in the FAQ they mention a few times about RP serves that are community managed and have different rule sets. I'm no RPer but I'd take that over a gank fest circle jerk everyday. The couple things I wasn't too crazy about is no hunting at launch and the map size(about the size of GTAV, Fallout 4, The division) seems pretty small from what the game is trying to be. Especially with three unique zones with different topography and climates.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    Big news for this MMO: The studio secured enough funding that Kickstarter/Steam Early Access won't be necessary for Wild West Online.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th.../1100-6450106/

Also 3 more screenshots were shown:

Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-05-25 at 10:07 AM.

Is it set in a fictional universe, or in real life inspired setting?

Deleted
    I'm concerned about the shortcuts they seem to be employing (based on the screenshots) and what that may say about the game as a whole. You do not simply put a "Blacksmith" sign over a building and it suddenly becomes a blacksmith's shop. That is nothing like what a blacksmith's would look like, there isn't even a chimney on it. Attention to detail and authenticity might be major failings in this game.

Also, Round bales of hay were not 'conceived' of until the 1910, and the first actual baler was not produced until 1947. And who just leaves them lying about in a field (that has crops growing in it!) when there's a barn right there!
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2017-05-25 at 10:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm...ver_before_it/

So like many of you, I am extremely interested in WWO. It has given us hope that while we probably won't get Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC for a while, we can at least play the next best thing.However the game may possibly have heavy ties with the one and only Sergey Titov. This man is a con artist and the following link shows how he may be tied to the game and sheds some light on why you should avoid his 'games'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcoL2XxiY8I
    EDIT: Hopefully this is not the case and everything stated in the video is just a coincidence. Developers have yet to confirm or deny Sergey's involvement. To shed some light on who Sergey Titov is, he has been the lead developer on games that have been surrounded with controversy. To mention a few, these include War Z, Infestation Survivor Stories, Shattered Skies, and Big Rigs Racing. These games always have attractive staged screenshots and the promise of big features. However what the games are is extremely rushed (always a short development time) to cash in on other games successes - such as DayZ, and always reusing assets+animations+code, etc. All these projects are initially announced to not be P2W, however microtransactions and horrible P2W practices are implemented before the game is quickly abandoned. The games are always abandoned shortly after release, leaving them buggy, ugly and full of hackers. The publishers are liquidated before being brought back as a 'New' company to cover their tarnished history. Forums are a dictatorship where any negative post or thread is removed and developers (even Sergey himself) referring to the playerbase as a bunch of 'fa**ots'. For me, what is one of the most shadiest moves to date is they stopped selling WarZ on steam, removed all trace of it from the store only to bring it back as 'Infestation Survivor Stories' to get a few more bucks from unsuspecting buyers. Then, of course, they once again abandoned this game.
    EDIT 2: So interestingly enough, the engine has now been confirmed as the same as WarZ's, Infestation, etc. however they said that Sergey is NOT involved. They said they chose this engine because it provides good anti-hacking measures (false) and out-of-the-box features for an MMO. They then deleted the thread and a bunch of posts that they considered 'not contribution'. So I started a new thread on the forum, being respectful expressing concerns over the engine they've chosen, especially when there is indie friendly engines that are more powerful and have a less bad reputation as Unreal. You know, starting a discussion and getting opinions. The thread was closed and all existence has now been removed. I got no message stating why this is the case, but I had about 8 posts on the thread within an hour prior to removal. I then posted on another thread that was discussing at least the topic of threads/posts being removed as to whether people thought this was appropriate. I stated it was inappropriate to remove threads if they are being respectful, as long as a discussion was being provided. Said thread was then locked, and I was issued a warning stating that I was spreading misleading information and to stop. I clearly stated that I was providing opinions based on factual situations. This is all extremely reminiscent of how every Sergey game forum have been run. I knew something like this could happen if I was being aggressive, so I was ACTIVELY remaining respectful wherever possible and stating I that I was only posting to gain other peoples thoughts. I have been an active contributor of forums for over 10 years, providing both aggressive and passive opinions, and this is the second time I've been dealt with a warning/ban. The first from WarZ forums for expressing concern. To me, this does not look good, therefor I can't say I believe them on denying Sergey's involvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Kickstarted, it'll flop like all Kickstarted MMO's do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    So a Western themed Arch Age with no PvE and a complete PvP focus, "story" (lolhow?) and now reports of it being developed by the same scammers that did WarZ and Big Rig Racing?

This game is going to flop like pancakes.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I knew those screenshots were too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    So a Western themed Arch Age with no PvE and a complete PvP focus, "story" (lolhow?)
    Not to say this game will be worthwhile, because it surely won't be, but some of the earliest online multiplayer RPG's were entirely PVP-centric and had pretty well fleshed out stories accompanying them. It's entirely on the people writing & developing the game to bring that out, and these days I don't think as much thought goes into these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

I am shocked, sir. Truly surprised. No one could have seen this coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Kickstarted, it'll flop like all Kickstarted MMO's do.
    It's not a kickstarter game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    It's not a kickstarter game.
    Lol what?

This is what you wrote in the OP:

Many fans on the Grand Theft Auto forum were hoping that a leaked image showing a cowboy hat wearing dude was a teaser for Red Dead Redemption 2. While not from that game, the image comes as great news for MMO fans in the form of Wild West Online, an open world PvP extravaganza being built for PC. Developers of WWO have plans to reveal much, much more about the game in about two weeks when they will bring their project to a $250k KickStarter.

The core of the game is already underway at 612 Games with the KickStarter funds being used to "secure extra funding" for more expansive features.

It's a cash grab hoax just like the rest of them.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Lol what?

It's a cash grab hoax just like the rest of them.
    Guess you missed the update:

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

Big news for this MMO: The studio secured enough funding that Kickstarter/Steam Early Access won't be necessary for Wild West Online.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th.../1100-6450106/
    Even though it was *originally* going to be on Kickstarter, it got enough funding that it won't be needed.