Poll: Do you miss this?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Moving forward as in making everything as stale as possible? Look at old launcher and new one. It's not impressive at all. just convenient.
    What's so impressive about Wotlk launcher? I mean I liked it but it's just a launcher, instead of having: Patch 3.2! Call of the crusade and Tirion's face now we have Illidan's face and info about weekly events, who is online and quick access to other games.

Yeah, you were a kid back then and you miss the good ol' times. How come people don't understand themselves?

The bringing up of the launcher is a perfect example. LOL, the immersive, adventurous magic of the old launcher. Gimme a break. It's the same fucking thing, just with 2007 GUI design and fonts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you miss these things too?

First having to log in the login screen, First thing you feel is the immersion of the game, the awesomeness only the login screen alone would have.

The old WoW launcher. I love this launcher alot more then the boring "battle.net" that we have right now. that feels so dul and not immersive at all.
    Remember clicking the "play" button and hearing that awesome sound. You knew you were going in an adventure!

I can't be alone on this.
    No.
    1) I still see the login screen every time. Only a second but I see it. I merely don't punch in the PW.
    2) You mean the slow ass launcher I muted agres ago b/c it did the "NANANAAAA" when a patch was DL'd? Erm... big phat "nope".

I'm sure there will be other nostalgia nuts out there.

Deleted
    I miss Sindragosa screaming in the distance when I forgot to log in quickly. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    we still have good login screens
    dont care what button i press to play
    old website was ugly as fuck

so no i dont miss these things
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    What's so impressive about Wotlk launcher? I mean I liked it but it's just a launcher, instead of having: Patch 3.2! Call of the crusade and Tirion's face now we have Illidan's face and info about weekly events, who is online and quick access to other games.
    He's probably annoyed when Blizzard posts flashy ads regarding other games in there.

As far as launchers go, the battle.net (screw "Blizzard-app" as a name) launcher is my favorite one.

So you miss having to enter your log in info every single time you wanted to enter the game and whenever you got disconnected?
    You don't like having all of your games on one launcher?
    Let me ask you a question, are you a masochist? Or you're just really high?
    People like you are the reason that many things in world are still the same crap as they were years ago, because of the STUPID "NOSTALGIA"!
    Do everyone a favor and whenever you have a stupid opinion like this, keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2017-05-25 at 02:14 PM.

I think I miss the Wrath one the most. I've always been an edgelord and Death Knights were what really got me playing the game for real for the first time. Just seeing that still shot of Sindragosa made me get really nostalgic again. I think I miss where WoW came from a lot and I know it wouldn't be popular or smart to do but I kinda would like a WoW 2 that started over from the beginning but with the new improvements made. I would like to see Vanilla and BC re-imagined with the new mechanics in place to see what they could really do. Would be curious to see if they could revamp the raids in such a way that makes them feel new and exciting. Maybe introduce different bosses. Change the lore sliiiiightly. Perhaps. Or perhaps not.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I miss the old launchers too. I dunno why... flavor maybe?

Might be the same reason why the talent tabs are so dull. No art in them.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Kind of feels like you're contradicting yourself.

If a change was made to go back using these. According to what you're saying, it's going to be a change, for better or the worse, but to you it doesn't matter since it's going to be a change nonetheless, so it would be good to you because going forward is ALWAYS good, because it changes something for you from the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

The classic login screen will honestly forever be the best. Laid the foundation of what we have today, it felt pure Warcraft-y and had amazing music that isn't constantly over-the-top orchestra epic music that Blizzard shits around everywhere in the game. Can't even walk into a calm forest without some epic over-the-top soundtrack starting. Classic was superior in that in every sense. Theming and know how to create atmosphere for different zones and areas.
    For me TBC soundtrack>anything. Chilling ambience (most likely meant for Diablo 3 at first) and almost Rachmaninoff sounding pieces. Netherstorm and shadowmoon soundtracks were just wow. Also Karazhan.
    OSt wise legion is 100% unoriginal and boring.

I wouldn't say I want them back, but I absolutely loved them when they were current. Some features might be fun, like the roaring afk warnings, but it's all just fluff anyhow.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    For me TBC soundtrack>anything. Chilling ambience (most likely meant for Diablo 3 at first) and almost Rachmaninoff sounding pieces. Netherstorm and shadowmoon soundtracks were just wow. Also Karazhan.
    OSt wise legion is 100% unoriginal and boring.
    Draenei starting area music is still one of my absolute favorites.

Legion is cool but it's all the same "epic" stuff and the cues are too short.

10+ Year Old Account
    that sound when you hit the "play" still haunts me.
    A very cool signature text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    that sound when you hit the "play" still haunts me.
    Doesn't the same sound play when you log in with a character?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't consider login screens and external web sites as game immersion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Classic immersion; Looking at the login screen.

Hah, guess it was needed considering all the time spent staring at it.

Deleted
    I had no idea any of it sounded the way it did, i shut off sound to the game in Vanilla and i have never had it on since then, the only sounds i have on are the ones related to bossmods.

I have not heard a single song in wow or cutscene or spell sounds etc.

I prefer having music on or chatting on skype/teamspeak

Dude you have some super rose-tinted glasses. It's odd, I find that you seem to have nothing better to do than bitch about the old days. Time to find something new to enjoy.

I really wish we could choose our own login screens lol. I miss the vanilla and tbc ones the most.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Moving forward as in making everything as stale as possible? Look at old launcher and new one. It's not impressive at all. just convenient.
    Subjective.
    I afk out, or disconnect often enough to still hear the login screen music.
    What is "impressive" is just like "immersion", a personal opinion that can't be dictated by one person to not be that for someone else.
    The automatic login even with an authenticator much improved MY experience, and so for ME it was impressive.

Missing that is fair enough, but don't claim it was simply something it was not for everyone.
    Telling us to "look" is just like the "lets be honest" arguments.

Does not mean I have don't certain feelings typical for older games though.
    I do like the physical aspect of having something there, so I buy the collector's editions of WoW.
    I do miss that bit, but I simply have to rein that in when it comes to say steam because of cost and lack of actual space to do that with every game possible.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-25 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.