Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    As if you can steal secret recipes by just looking into a window for a few moments... omg this thread. Faith in humanity lost again.

I guess all the restaurants with show kitchens/open kitchens and all the foodtrucks where you can see how its prepared are an open book for any secret recipe hunterz(tm).

And the secret how to make a burito isnt exactly rocket sience.. especially in the age of internetz.
    Those people taking notes need to be thrown to the ground and disappeared for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    What you just described is intellectual property. Many top chefs and restaurants actually keep their recipes secret. For example, the head chef will mix the sauce in advance in secret before handing it to peons to cook.
    Wrong. That is not intellectual property. That is wanting to keep fucking secret because it's not an intellectual property and cannot be copyrighted, you dip. You can't copyright a formula, a set of rules, or anything else of that nature, only the way in which it's presented (ie, if you wrote it in a cookbook, no one would copy that recipe verbatim; they'd have to write their own version of it, even if it contained the exact same ingredients and procedures).

Don't open your (virtual) mouth if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2017-05-25 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the story being presented is basically false, right?

Two people start burrito shop, market it in a way that angers potential customers.
    People don't go to their shop as a result.
    They close.

It's bad marketing. Nothing forced them to shut down other than the damage they did to their own reputation. You might not think the marketing deserved that response, but that's not up to you (or anyone, really).

People weren't angry that they had a burrito shop and were white, which seems to be the fake angle people are trying to present this as.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke. People who are truly outraged by this need to get a life ... or better yet need a good punch of the face (because they are nazi's right?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So the story being presented is basically false, right?

Two people start burrito shop, market it in a way that angers potential customers.
    They close.

It's bad marketing. Nothing forced them to shut down other than the damage they did to their own reputation. You might not think the marketing deserved that response, but that's not up to you (or anyone, really).

People weren't angry that they had a burrito shop and were white, which seems to be the fake angle people are trying to present this as.
    The impression I got from the thread, is the discussion is mainly focused on whether or not they were wrong to spy on another business to learn their trade secrets, and the morality involved in that act.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    What a joke. People who are truly outraged by this need to get a life ... or better yet need a good punch of the face (because they are nazi's right?)
    I would think "getting a life" is fine enough. Nothing going on here deserves assualt.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The impression I got from the thread, is the discussion is mainly focused on whether or not they were wrong to spy on another business to learn their trade secrets, and the morality involved in that act.
    Right, and a lot of the discussion I saw was over whether it was legal to do that. People talking about whether there's copyright on recipes, whether it's "intellectual property", etc.

I'm pointing out that it's irrelevant; their potential customers thought it was "not cool" to do that (or at least brag about doing it, whether you had or not), and people stopped going there.

I would think "getting a life" is fine enough. Nothing going on here deserves assualt.
    Remember; HIS outrage at THEIR outrage is justified, somehow, even if theirs was not. For reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao people who do crap like this are losers, not quite on the loser level of ISIS but not far behind.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually I am just playing on the whole "Let's punch a nazi" card because calling someone who has a different opinion is a Nazi now remember?

Remember growing up in the 1990's before the wierd opposite day hitler youth buzz cut their side mullets, donned the problem glasses and got in line with "the right side of history" and decided multiculturalism was bad?

What a goddamn cancer they are on western society. All the worse for thinking they are the heroic volunteer thought police of it. What a sad state of affairs.

AKA, Pulling a Steve Jobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Actually I am just playing on the whole "Let's punch a nazi" card because calling someone who has a different opinion is a Nazi now remember?
    I don't entertain that nonsense. I guess that makes me less fun on here, but im really not much of an advocate for violence unless it is in defense.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Cultural Appropriation is probably the most First World SJW issue on the damn planet.
    There is real racial discrimination going on, people are losing their lives, and these little shits are worried about a bunch of white women selling burritos?

Jesus fucking Christ.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They close.
    We don't even know that. They could simply be not profitable well before the firestorm.

It's bad marketing.
    It's lame, I agree. But that's just our opinion.

Nothing forced them to shut down other than the damage they did to their own reputation.
    This is a combination of what you are imagining that happened, along with your opinion that is bad advertisement.

There's people angry about all kinds of things. I earlier linked a spreadsheet listing white-owned appropriative restaurants in Oregon, which was compiled after this event. I don't know if it's anger, but some people certainly care that white people own burrito shops in Portland Oregon, and are calling for correctional measures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    AKA, Pulling a Steve Jobs?
    Heeeyyyo! Lol. Steve Jobs was one of the greatest refiners in the technological age. But that is about as far as that goes.

This is racism, plain and simple. What's the fucking point of multi-cultural societies if everything must be restricted and in use only by the original culture?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Sounds like a hit list to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that isn't ominous at all.
    I don't know.
    They have a disclaimer: If you've come here in anger, please read at least a couple of these articles before continuing to the list on the next tab below.
    The list includes articles in bitchmedia.org and literallydarling.com, which I'm not even touching with a 3.048m pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok this shit is going to far, this is America we suppose to be a mixing pot why the fuck would someone complain over who make burritos?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is racism, plain and simple. What's the fucking point of multi-cultural societies if everything must be restricted and in use only by the original culture?
    It is the Alt-Left we are talking about. At least the Alt-Right KNOWS they are racists rednecks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Cultural Appropriation is probably the most First World SJW issue on the damn planet.
    There is real racial discrimination going on, people are losing their lives, and these little shits are worried about a bunch of white women selling burritos?

Jesus fucking Christ.
    10/10, 5 stars, A+, 100%... would totally bang.

I demand that all nations stop copying the oktoberfest and our german christmas markets. This is bavarian and german culture stop the cultural appropriation! Thanks