Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

PTR Build24163 Legendaries

Haven't seen any thread on the latest legendaries added on PTR.

Celerity of the Windrunners - Windburst grants you 15% Haste for 6 sec.
    Unseen Predator's Cloak - Gain 10% increased critical strike chance against enemies burning from your Explosive Trap.
    Parsel's Tongue - Cobra Shot increases the damage done by you and your pets by 1% and your leech by 2% for 8 sec, stacking up to 4 times.

There was also changes to the new Ring in 7.2.5 for BM plus the Mantle effect was also adjusted to have nothing to do with proc rates anymore.
    The Mantle of Command - Dire Frenzy increases the damage done by your pets by 5% for 8 sec.
    Soul of the Huntmaster - Bestial Fury, Lock and Load, Serpent Sting

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-05-25 at 04:00 PM.

All of them seem so boring and just rushed to put something new.

It's just random ways of increasing your damage that doesn't really affect your gameplay.

MM and Survival could maybe change a bit your gameplay by making you try to pool some CDs during the buff, but BM one might as well say "You deal 4% more damage and have 8% leech." It is very easy to track of and keep up, as BM pools focus by nature, so there is never the risk of losing it because you were focus starved.

It could something more interactive that you have to think of, maybe something like "If you cobra shot 3 times in a row, you get X% of haste." Or something similar but providing damage, or focus regen.
    Last edited by gushDH; 2017-05-25 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    For SV, if you do quick and bad maths : you have 40% uptime on explo trap. So around 4% crit chance overall, which is a bit less than 4% dmg. So, if you compare to other sv legendaries, i think it's ok.
    (Once again, this is a bad way to calculate, it's just to get an idea).

For MM, I don't know yet, but same problem as legendary gloves. You can't equip them and get 2t19 + 4t20. We'll have to chose between boots + probably gloves with 4t20 (chest+back+head+leg) and set arc/cos bracers+shoulders with decent ilvl. Or 2t19 + 4t20 and probably boots + new ring.

(this is for solo target ofc, multi you go boots + belt, so no problem)

I agree, they definitely come across as rushed.

The MM one seems pretty dumb, do you want extra haste after applying a fresh Vuln? I guess the 6secs is enough to cover the late Vuln AimShots and the haste helps pool focus for late Vuln Aim spam?(I'm not even close to an expert on MM so apologies if I'm talking shit)

The SV one I really dislike on paper, crit isn't particularly valued for SV outside of AoE so I guess triggering 10% crit on explosive trap makes sense but burst AoE isn't an area SV needed help with. We've already got strong AoE focused legendaries while the rest of SV specific legendaries are pretty naff outside of Bracers. Plus considering the priority on mongoose windows, you won't have a static uptime on explosive trap so the rings value will fluctuate alot.

The BM one I like, albeit a bit boring and basically passive 4% dmg and 8% leech, but its a nice throughput item with minor defensive benefits. It'll possibly be one of BMs strongest and has great scalability because its a flat % based increase.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-05-25 at 11:21 AM.

Maybe these dmg modifying instead of playstyle changing legendaries are in preparation for 3 legendaries equipped?
    more possibilities means varying legendaries will be viable (hopefully) in different situations.
    tho i'm speakin out me arse

MM one is total shit. SV one is pretty good for AoE(like they needed another AoE legendary). BM one is bad.

There really isn't much point in adding a bunch of new legendaries when you're limited to only 2 of them. If they aren't BiS, nobody who's been playing long enough to have gotten the good ones is going to use them.

The problem is the danger of "power creep" from adding new legendaries. Unless they are significantly more powerful than the current BiS, nobody will use them as you said, but if you add even more powerful legendaries you end up in another situation of those with BiS versus those without.

Example:
    Mantle vs no Mantle in 7.1.5 - 7.2

If the 7.2.5 leggos are even stronger, we end up with a 7.2.5 leggo vs no 7.2.5 leggo and massive swings in spec performance again.

I see these new leggos as side grades/alternatives and not "instant BiS, drop all your current leggos" which in my opinion is only a good thing. Sure it'd be nice if some ridiculous legendary gets added and you have all your specs current leggos already, so you know your guaranteed it on your next orange drop. But as soon as the spec becomes viable only with that leggo, it just leads to nerfs of class/items because of the vast difference between those with it and those without.

Deleted
    Maybe old news, but they also changed the mantel of command and the new ring legendary for bm.

the ring now gives bestial fury as a talent so you can also get one with the pack or blink strikes.

the mantel now increases dmg of pets by 5% for 8 seconds after using dire frenzy / dire beast.
    Last edited by mmoc2e566de5ba; 2017-05-25 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    Maybe old news, but they also changed the mantel of command and the new ring legendary for bm.

the ring now gives bestial fury as a talent so you can also get one with the pack or blink strikes.

the mantel now increases dmg of pets by 5% for 8 seconds after using dire frenzy / dire beast.
    So basically, Mantle is now a slightly weaker version of Apex Predator Claw. Nice...
    The new ring instead is looking way better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post

Thanks for pointing out both changes, I didn't see those new versions so I'll add them to the OP.

New Mantle is basically a crappy version of the Apex ring... They are really un-creative. New chest may be pretty good.

BiS for BM may be belt and the new talent ring.

Getting Bestial Fury for free allows us to get One with the Pack. which is pretty huge. We'll lose T19 and its BW reset buff but gain it back with this ring.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2017-05-25 at 06:16 PM.

Is that really the new shoulder for ToS? I thought it was an increased chance on Procs... Did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    New Mantle is basically a crappy version of the Apex ring... They are really un-creative. New chest may be pretty good.

BiS for BM may be belt and the new talent ring.

Getting Bestial Fury for free allows us to get One with the Pack. which is pretty huge. We'll lose T19 and its BW reset buff but gain it back with this ring.
    Unfortunately what no one is picking up on currently is the secondary stat allocation on the new rings is significantly lower than its IL should be. Unless these are fixed to give appropriate Secondary stats they have little chance of being BiS for ToS for Hunters.

Perfect example is

Spellbaldes Gemmed Signet - 905IL 2073 Crit 950 Mastery 3023 Secondaies
    New Ring - 910IL 890 Mastery 712 haste 534 Crit 2136 Secondaries

That is a significant amount of stats lost by equiping the item.

From my personal sims(yes everyones will be a bit different depending on IL/trinkets/etc)

Mantle of Command is a 0.6% DPS increase over Call of the Wild. With the buffs to Aspect of the Wild and the utility gain from the bracers I find it highly probability that we will be rolling around with Belt/Bracer for ToS. There are a few combos that will yeild very close statistical performance in terms of DPS but the other ones do not add much utility.
    Last edited by Guzrud; 2017-05-25 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    Unfortunately what no one is picking up on currently is the secondary stat allocation on the new rings is significantly lower than its IL should be. Unless these are fixed to give appropriate Secondary stats they have little chance of being BiS for ToS for Hunters.

Perfect example is

Spellbaldes Gemmed Signet - 905IL 2073 Crit 950 Mastery 3023 Secondaies
    New Ring - 910IL 890 Mastery 712 haste 534 Crit 2136 Secondaries

That is a significant amount of stats lost by equiping the item.

From my personal sims(yes everyones will be a bit different depending on IL/trinkets/etc)

Mantle of Command is a 0.6% DPS increase over Call of the Wild. With the buffs to Aspect of the Wild and the utility gain from the bracers I find it highly probability that we will be rolling around with Belt/Bracer for ToS. There are a few combos that will yeild very close statistical performance in terms of DPS but the other ones do not add much utility.
    Couple things: you won't be equipping a 910 ilevel version of it, presumably. Also, you can't go strictly off stat budget (although I agree, its budget kinda sucks it looks like), because it has the benefit of allowing two talents in that row (giving you the current best one). So you have to weight all that against other rings and legendaries, collectively.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It'll be 970.

Quote Originally Posted by Makro View Post
    So basically, Mantle is now a slightly weaker version of Apex Predator Claw. Nice...
    The new ring instead is looking way better than before.
    Ring only gives a damage buff to your main pet, while the new shoulder effect will give the damage buff to your main pet/hati/crows.

Seems like lazy design and just utter shit for SV/MM. As others have said, we just don't keep ExT up enough with juggling everything else, and Haste is pretty meh for MM. It might get some value depending on number crunchers and if we haste soft cap anywhere, but there's already better choices with much better affixes to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    People have already picked up on that, that's been known for ages. What changed to do with it this build, was it actually gained stats. So it has more than it previously did, and will still be BiS, despite stat loss.