Deleted

Arcano crystal overated on sims?

So I have heard for a long time that Arcano is a great trinket, got it a few weeks ago(860) on my dh alt (now main)

Since then I got Foci 895 (socket) it simmed above hunger the pack (890 agi/crit stick) and horn of valor 895

I thought this was a bit odd but stayed with what the sim was saying

Today I got 910 with socket Pvp trinket chance on hit to gain 6,100k agi and seems to proc a lot and usually as soon as I engage..

But foci/arcano simmed 10k higher then when I switched in this trinket

I just don't understand it, my stats are fairly balanced .. is it a case that simc has a hard time with proc trinkets and the flat stat bonus of arcano is overated?

Arcano isnt overrated its just that good.

Arcano just has a lot of stats for the ilvl, combine that with almost every pvp trinket is shit and yeah not surprising. My arcano for demonic CC build right now is around equal dps as my 915 foci wit socket on raw dps.

nethershards wont give me a 880
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    So I have heard for a long time that Arcano is a great trinket, got it a few weeks ago(860) on my dh alt (now main)

Since then I got Foci 895 (socket) it simmed above hunger the pack (890 agi/crit stick) and horn of valor 895

Today I got 910 with socket Pvp trinket chance on hit to gain 6,100k agi and seems to proc a lot and usually as soon as I engage..

I just don't understand it, my stats are fairly balanced .. is it a case that simc has a hard time with proc trinkets and the flat stat bonus of arcano is overated?
    There's a small possibility that the trinket proc isn't captured right in the sim. 6100 agi is a lot and if actually proc'd fairly reliably on pull during meta/CB, it should probably be higher. Then again, if the cooldown never lines up with CB again, it's probably not not worth much at all and that may be why it's not simming higher.

If you really wanted to know, change the fight length. If it's great on 2 minutes versus arcano but worse on 10 min, then it's because the procs don't line up with CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post

You can't argue raw stats being wrong, or the entire sim is absolutely wrong. 6100 agility on proc becomes a lot less as a static value when you do the math over the entire fight. I wouldn't bother going for an agi proc pvp trinket, maybe an on use versatility trinket but thats about it.

No, arcano is just good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how low agility is for us, a overbudget stat-stick with only secondaries is obviously. Its just hard to compare trinkets outside sims due to crit and fury rng etc.
    Some trinkets does seem to be a bit overrated in sims tho, as an example I never really find BTI performing. But sims say otherwise.

Arcancrystal is just ridiculously overbudgeded.
    Even in 860 it has 847*4=3388 secondary rating
    A stat stick in 900 has 2063 primary stats + 1180 secondary stats = 3243 combined

Now when you consider how close all the stat weights are, especially for a DH, it's pretty obvious how strong arcano really is. Sure for most classes primary stats weigh more than (average) secondary stats so the itemlevel breakpoint is lower. But all in all it's simply OP.

Arcano again. Thing is, that you need HIGH ITEMLEVEL for your secondary stats to reach or surpass agility!

My DH is on 898 and agility is the best stat, followed by crit. Haste, Mastery and Versatility are all around 0.5 - 0.8. I do have arcano (860) but it's just a useless shitpile for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Arcano again. Thing is, that you need HIGH ITEMLEVEL for your secondary stats to reach or surpass agility!

My DH is on 898 and agility is the best stat, followed by crit. Haste, Mastery and Versatility are all around 0.5 - 0.8. I do have arcano (860) but it's just a useless shitpile for me.
    This is true! After i got 902 more or less Agil lost agains crit and mastery. So you are correct my fellow DH.
    About the OP question the amount of stats it gives its OP as hell because the stats at 900+ became very similar in importance.

Deleted
    Ok just gonna stick with arcano for now even with fights lowered to 2min it beast out 895 socket foci and 915 pvp trinket.. kinda meh that 860 beats out 915 but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post

Yeah agi sims 2nd bottom just ahead of vers for me

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arcanocrystal, along with every stat stick, is the only trinket that--by definition--cannot be over or underrated in the simulation unless the entire concept of SimC is flawed with stat weighting being done incorrectly. Proc-based trinkets however can be under/overrated if they operate differently in SimC compared to the game or in any fight that is not passive (e.g. EoC on any movement/target switching fight).

Arcanocrystal is just an extremely overbudgeted stat stick (i.e. Reliable) which is combined with the fact that proc based trinkets have become relatively unreliable (PPM-based vs internal Cooldown) which leads to a massive DPS variance.

Also, for the average player that has limited access to super titanforged gear, Arcanocrystals' small benefit from ilvl is also another advantage since almost the entirety of the power is frontloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    This is true! After i got 902 more or less Agil lost agains crit and mastery. So you are correct my fellow DH.
    About the OP question the amount of stats it gives its OP as hell because the stats at 900+ became very similar in importance.
    I mean I'm 909, with an 890 arcanocrystal, it still sims higher than any trinket I own, which includes a 910 socket foci, a 890 guarm crit stat stick, a 890 eye of command, a 925 nightblooming frond, and an 885 BTI. So even after a certain point arcano is just brokenly strong.

No, Arcano is just that good.

Even an 860 arcano sims higher than the majority of NH trinkets. Its ridiculously strong.
    Last edited by Riistov; 2017-05-25 at 04:57 PM.