Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Who gives a shit if it's one time use or not? It's still another use for resources.
    True, but you want a dump that is relevant throughout the expansion. If you only come up with limited use examples, then the dump has limited use. Here's why your examples are of limited use:

Transfer OHR: That's not a dump, that's basically account shared currency (which I would very much like with other currencies).
    Follower equipment: Only useful for as long as you need to fill out your champions. Only continued use would be to swap out on a per-mission basis, which is not what Blizzard wants with this system, so not going to happen.
    Buffs: Once you reach a certain powerlevel, you stop caring about buffs and just run in head first. Lowgeared tanks can already charge in to masspull and survive, so in all honesty, what type of useful buff would they want to buy? My priest can spam SWP and Mindflay and survive most stuff already.
    One-time cosmetic rewards & Transmog: Even for large amounts, it's still a one-time purchase. Then you have no more reason to dump resources.

This kind if dump is only relevant for a short while. If they implemented it today, you would most likely be DONE before 7.3 hits. Then you have the rest of the expansion to gather resources and spend them on absolutely nothing. Just like now.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-05-25 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why does it need a dump? It's for Class Order stuff, once that's complete and you have every follower at 900 and Legendary you don't need anything
    that need a dump ressource, because this ressource is actually the ressource of an actual expansion game, im here with 275k ressource hall without making any real effort to make it higher and higher

they really should put a vendor for that:

-chance for leg targeting
    -reput boa for alts
    -potions
    -food
    -any thing;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Transfer OHR: That's not a dump, that's basically account shared currency (which I would very much like with other currencies).
    Or you can implement a system in which you the transfer is imbalanced so you can effectively do something like 2k resources for a boa 1k resource. Relevant through the entire expansion depending on when you level alts or not.

Follower equipment: Only useful for as long as you need to fill out your champions. Only continued use would be to swap out on a per-mission basis, which is not what Blizzard wants with this system, so not going to happen.
    Or, once again, to gear up alts once the order hall resources have been transferred over. Once again, relevant throughout the entire expansion.

Buffs: Once you reach a certain powerlevel, you stop caring about buffs and just run in head first. Lowgeared tanks can already charge in to masspull and survive, so in all honesty, what type of useful buff would they want to buy? My priest can spam SWP and Mindflay and survive most stuff already.
    Who gives a shit? It's fun gameplay that makes the resource relevant throughout the expansion regardless of whether you feel it's worth it or not.

One-time cosmetic rewards & Transmog: Even for large amounts, it's still a one-time purchase. Then you have no more reason to dump resources.
    Again, who gives a shit? It could be something that you can save up for which depending on the costs could take up a considerable chunk of time to farm for. It's an end-goal. Not only that, you can apply it to alts as well who can farm it at a later time.

So really, it's just as I thought. You dismiss ideas because you're already stuck in this pathetic little mindset that everything is perfect and any suggestion otherwise is bad because of your own convoluted, construed reasoning. I'm wanting to add more to the game whereas you're perfectly happy striking anything down that isn't sanctioned by Blizzard.

What's the point in having this discussion with you if you're too stubborn and only want to warp your answers around your narrow-minded preconceptions? No matter what I say, you'll be there to shit on it because you're not looking to be convinced, or to have a discussion. You'd rather say to me "stop doing so much" as opposed to me discussing ideas that could incentivise people to make the most out of an extra resource that's left to the weyside not even halfway through the expansion's lifetime. All you want to do is repeat the same mantra and refuse to explore the idea of how to make something constantly relevant and exciting. After all, it's impossible for Blizzard to be fallible, right?

Seriously if all you're going to do is say "nah I don't like it because of XYZ" then well done you've made your point. I can ignore you and move on to someone who actually has the balls to accept that discussions have wiggle room and it's not a dick slinging contest with no end.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-05-25 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    What's the point in having this discussion with you if you're too stubborn and only want to warp your answers around your narrow-minded preconceptions?
    You're the one wanting a resource dump. Your suggestions only postpone the inevitable, so really, how much of a dump will it be? I'm not at all narrow-minded, I do try to see the bigger picture, beyond my own nose and the picture shows me that it's not going to work. I'm not saying we shouldn't have more uses for the resources. Never have. I'm simply saying that any dump will not work in the long run. All your suggestions will only last for so long. Then you will be right back to where you started. As long as the resources are designed to pile up for as long as you do the relevant content in whatever expansion they are introduced, there is no way around it, you will always get them unless you stop doing the content. None of us wants to do that, you made that abundantly clear.

I'm not the arrogant prick you attempt to make me be. I'm not the one saying "WE want a resource dump" when you really only speak for yourself. I'm not the one calling people deluded and stubborn when they present you with the very thoughts you asked for in the original post and then argue why those thoughts would help with some of your problem. I'm not the one not looking to be convinced that there are workarounds for the problem you're having. I'm not refusing to explore ideas on "how to make something constantly relevant and exciting", but if you come up with ideas that aren't just that, then I don't mind telling you why they aren't very good ideas. Blizzard failed at making the resources relevant for the entire expansion pack, that's very clear to most people. Most people just accept that, since that was also the case with previous similarly non-limited resources.

I'm actually starved for order hall resources, but I've got a bunch of toons at 110 and abhor mythic +
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

We'll buy class mounts and tints with those resources, that's the *dump* they came up with atm.
    Also some pets to buy with resources aswell.
    But I really wish we could buy some follower ilvl stuff, it takes time to max on alts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Then you won't have many hanging around ... so no problem.
    Sorry that is bullshit. you get OH ressources FASTER then you can ever spend them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    I dont do emisarries every day. i just do all 3 when they are up and thats it.
    Broken shore is done for me since i have exalted theres no reason to do those for me.
    fixed that. just cause YOU dont want achis and pets doesnt mean others dont want them. (not even mentioning the legs you can get)

This is on my main, who usually hovers at 10k. you really have to be playing HARD to have over 100k left.
    No you dont.
    Most people have barely any OR
    wrong. most people drown in them....

I almost have 300k...followers are always out...i always max out the follower equip guy ...i go threw the follower, followers like crazy...buy 3 coins a week....always have AK going on...

and still it climbs...up and up.

Every WQ i fo i get 100g, 150 resources and 368,000 AP PLUS the wq award.

If i bleh meh during the week ( which I have for months) then it at min stays constant).

but if i play..like i have done the past two weeks it climbs substantially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    my only question is how is everyone getting so much order hall resources. I'm always stuck at low numbers.
    i get them from legendary item that gives 100resource s +25gold and one that gives 50resources whneever i complete a wq on my body guard folower

Deleted
    I have 1.1 million OR on my main, and it keeps going up despite not having a champion as follower and using OR on seals every week, so yeah, i'd love some kind of sink

Preffer 500 OR for 1 Blood of Sarg <3

Deleted
    Im struggling with having enough resources for missions and unlocking everything i need, but then again i have 12x110 and no actual main character

Well, they could make the gold missions pop more frequently. That'd make me dump more resources, anyway.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    At the very least let us spend like 1000 for a boa crate that has 500-1000 in it for alts.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=150737/a...esources-cache is coming in 7.2.5. Pity they didn't add it now, as it's boring buying 1 cache at a time, even with a macro.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Agreed. I would love a order resource dump.

Even if I never did a resource specific WQ, I would still make much more than I could spend.

i got like 270k and wish i had something waste them on

Never said that you should stop doing emissaries, only that you should stop doing the resource WQs that are easy if they grant you the resources that you seem to not want more of. Again, it can reduce your income if you do not do certain content. That's not the same as saying you should stop doing the content (which would actually help out too, but that's besides the point).

You're spinning this waaaay out of proportion. It's not a matter of being right or wrong, certainly not when I too have far too many resources to spend. It's just a matter of being willing to reduce your income significantly, like I have, without having to stop doing any type of content. You can do the Emissary every day. You can do the Shores every day. You can farm all the rares you want every day. You can do any type of content you want, even if it does give you resources. That's not a problem. You will get resources and that is intended by Blizzard. I'm still saying that if you do not want nearly as many as you get with your current way of playing, then there are simply, easy, steps to get less. If you do not want to take my advice, then by all means, go ahead and gather more resources. But please don't make it sound like there is no way to reduce the amount you get, like you are forced into doing WQs that grant resources, like you should stop playing the game... You don't have to. You can just change it a tiny bit.
    That willingness needs an actual intent to seek out an OR reward over others.
    But for many that isn't the case, in fact in mine being the LAST reason I do a world quest on my main.
    I do an OR rewarding world quest because of some other criteria, not because it is rewarding OR.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be nice if they implemented an efficient way to give said resources to alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play dumb... how do you buy seals with resources? >.<

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I'll play dumb... how do you buy seals with resources? >.<
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43892/s...rder-resources and the other 2 quests in Dalaran, outside of Violet Hold.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I know some classes can funnel it into champion equipment but it's not the same for all classes. I'm currently sitting on 130k resources with no real method of spending it, and it seems like a wasted resource if it's just going to continue to pile up.

I didn't even actively seek out getting these resources. It just accumulated naturally as I did WQs for emissaries.

If they're so keen on keeping AP a relevant currency, they can at least apply the same logic to order hall resources. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I've missed out on a viable dump so please correct me if that's the case.

Thoughts?
    my thought is if you choose to farm wq like crazy then ofc you have excesive order resources.

stop farming that crazy and problem will dissapear.