Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    argus will suck because the entire planet will be reduce in a little island shape LOL, let take argus lore and throw it in the garbage can

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Brutallus as you mentioned is a world boss, the eredar chicks are warlock followers, Hakkar was killed in one of the hunter questlines.
    Hakkar wasn't killed in the nether, was he? Same for brutallus, they are both alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    Funny, they're Warlock followers currently.

Kanrethad is a Warlock follower as well.

Just to let you guys know, they won't be bosses in Legion. :P
    Thanks for the correction I didnt know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Killing nonames really wasn't why Dragon Soul was so bad

For Argus they have plenty of names to pick out of a hat and make into cool bosses.
    This point seems to really go over a lot of folks heads.

Dragon Soul was bad for the same reason everything but BOT/BWD/TOW was not. Because Blizzard invested too much resources in other things, all of the raid content post launch was pretty shitty.

Dragon Soul just took it up another notch by having us fight small sections of Deathwing as some sort of environmental based encounter.

Funny that people somehow assume that's even the plan at all with Sargeras, who is certainly the main bad guy in this expansion and must be defeated in some way.

I would assume that Illidan, who we have been told very clearly is going to defeat the Burning Legion, uh defeats the Burning Legion. Meaning he defeats Sargeras. Hell maybe he's aided by demons who suddenly turn on their master, if Azeroth herself does not somehow come into play. Who knows, but y'all acting like there's been no set up at all.

I just asked my Magic 8 Ball and it told me "Cannot Predict Now" so I'll check back tomorrow and let you know.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Tichondr isn't dead. He died on Azeroth, so can be in the last raid tier easily aka revenge.

nothing known, it'll suck.

10/10 running your mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    youre an idiot op, we know literally nothin yet about 7.3 except its on argus
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Seems like they're repeating the mistakes they made in Cata, they're killing off all the known bad guys before the final raid. Dragon Soul ended up being a very disappointing raid, in part becuase we fought a whole lot of nobodies.
    What raid hasn't been like that? There's always a few notable boss, and the rest are random ones that were created for the raid.

In the Sunwell, nobody knew who Sathrovar, Brutallus, Felmyst/Madrigosa and the Eredar Twins were beforehand. They were all created for the raid. Hell, if you didn't play a Blood Elf Paladin you probably didn't know who M'uru was either and his actual boss form, Entropius, was created for the raid.

Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Putricide and his pets, Lana'thel and Dreamwalker were all created for the purpose of ICC. And the Blood Prince council were hardly enemies we were familiar with, we just killed them in quests while leveling. Sindragosa was just shown in the opening cutscene and title screen, her only appearance in-game before the raid was when she killed all the rescued soldiers at the end of Pit of Saron. She was not exactly a main antagonist in the storyline. Only the Lich King was.

Siege of Orgrimmar is the only one where several of the bosses were people we had encountered before, and even then... it was the Golden Lotus trio, Nazgrim, the Klaxxi and Garrosh. The Sha of Pride was implied to exist but it was never manifested until the raid. Malkorok existed in the game but he never played a significant role before being a boss. Helix Blackfuse was created for the raid. Same with the Dark Shaman, Thok, Immerseus and Norushen. At most that was 6 bosses out of 14 that we at least knew by name before the raid happened. More than half the raid was "nobodies".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Well, not to dampen your bitching, but Demons cannot be killed outside of the Twisting Nether, so who did we kill again???? Even Kil'Jaeden when we beat him in Tomb isn't dead. I dare say you could even see Archimonde come back.
    Which is boring as fuck. Yeah, lore, yeah, they can't die except in the nether... but bringing them all back feels cheap. The ONLY way that works is if it's all of them and they absolutely die in canon this time. One of the cheapest comic book tricks is that no one is ever really dead. It robs the story of any meaning whatsoever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Which is boring as fuck. Yeah, lore, yeah, they can't die except in the nether... but bringing them all back feels cheap. The ONLY way that works is if it's all of them and they absolutely die in canon this time. One of the cheapest comic book tricks is that no one is ever really dead. It robs the story of any meaning whatsoever

Unless you're Uncle Ben Then you're just dead.

DEAD
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-05-25 at 05:11 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Few raids have loads and loads of pre-established characters as bosses. Blizzard would quickly run out of important characters if they loaded up raids with them.

Let's take a fan favorite, Black Temple. You have Illidan, yeah. Shade of Akama, sorta. Teron Gorefiend, yes. And... that's it. Rest are random Naga warlords, beefed-up Orcs, Infernals and such.

Or ICC? Deathbringer Saurfang, Sindragosa, The Lich King, the Blood Princes if you really want to stretch it, and that's all. Rest are no-names.

Even Ulduar is the place with the most lore steeped in it, and it has 5 already known names; the Keepers and Yogg-saron. And if memory serves we only actually met Thorim and Hodir before doing the actual raid.

Since demons can regenerate, there's no telling who we will fight. OP is jumping the gun methinks. DS's problem wasn't that the bosses were nobodies, it's that the RP and dialog were awful, all the locations save Deathwing's back were recycled, and the fight mechanics weren't very good either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic MMO-C click bait thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    argus will suck because the entire planet will be reduce in a little island shape LOL, let take argus lore and throw it in the garbage can
    Lol probably

Seems like they're repeating the mistakes they made in Cata, they're killing off all the known bad guys before the final raid. Dragon Soul ended up being a very disappointing raid, in part becuase we fought a whole lot of nobodies.

What is the final raid of legion going to offer? Mannoroth was killed last expansion, Archimonde too, Tichondrius was killed in NH, the avatar of Sargeras will be killed in ToS, Kil'jaeden as well, all the other known demons have been killed in various class hall questlines.

Other than Sargeras, who at this point is pretty much guaranteed to be the last boss, who are we going to get? Yet again a lot of no name bosses. That's ok for a mid expansion raid, but not for the raid that will put an end to the legion plot, the greatest known threat to Azeroth ever since Warcraft came out.

I'm fully expecting Khadgar, Illidan, or Velen to end up being bosses in that raid. Even then, it will be very dissapointing if in order to finally defeat the legion, we 1st have to go through, Eredar Lord Smarty Pants, Pitlord McDaniels, Edgelord Joe, a random Nathrezim council, and then...Sargeras, that would just feel wrong.

Just bored at work, wanted to share my thoughts.
    wasted forum post..

Last I checked, there's no reason to believe we will succeed in killing KJ in the Tomb of Sargeras. Maybe he retreats to his throne in Argus and we chase him there?

Also, don't demons have to be killed in the nether to truly die? I'll admit I've fallen behind of lore over the last few years, but as far as I recall that is still true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    youre an idiot op, we know literally nothin yet about 7.3 except its on argus
    Seconded.

I am not even talking about the fact that the way Demons work any of those we dispatched at any time during these years can very well be back there.

Funny how everybody keeps pointing out the demons that haven't died in the nether. Guess you don't mind having the same bosses brought back for the 27th time, that will surely make a pretty exciting raid.

Kil'jaeden for instance. Kicked his ass in Sunwell, now we kick his ass in ToS, but we don't kill him because that would be just nonsense right? He just retreats to Argus so we kick his ass again in the next raid. While at it, bring back Mannoroth, Archimonde, Tichondrius, Magtheridon, Balnazzar, Anetheron, Mephistroth, Brutallus(even though hes a pushover world boss), Hakkar who got his ass beat up too in the hunter questline, Azgalor, Kazzak, Jaraxxus, Malchezar or whatever his name is.

What's more, i actually agree. They need to bring all these guys back for the millionth time, otherwise it will just feel wrong to be fighting a bunch of nobodies.

Also, if Sargeras is not the last boss, then who? Unless Azshara and N'zoth are chilling in argus, Sargeras will be the last boss, there's no other alternative...

Literally almost nothing is known about the raid and people are already saying stupid shit like "Argus raid set to be worst one since Dragon Soul? ". Seriously, find something else to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how everybody keeps pointing out the demons that haven't died in the nether. Guess you don't mind having the same bosses brought back for the 27th time, that will surely make a pretty exciting raid.

Kil'jaeden for instance. Kicked his ass in Sunwell, now we kick his ass in ToS, but we don't kill him because that would be just nonsense right? He just retreats to Argus so we kick his ass again in the next raid. While at it, bring back Mannoroth, Archimonde, Tichondrius, Magtheridon, Balnazzar, Anetheron, Mephistroth, Brutallus(even though hes a pushover world boss), Hakkar who got his ass beat up too in the hunter questline, Azgalor, Kazzak, Jaraxxus, Malchezar or whatever his name is.

What's more, i actually agree. They need to bring all these guys back for the millionth time, otherwise it will just feel wrong to be fighting a bunch of nobodies.

Also, if Sargeras is not the last boss, then who? Unless Azshara and N'zoth are chilling in argus, Sargeras will be the last boss, there's no other alternative...
    Watch the Star Augur Etraeus fight on youtube and you will find where the story goes after the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be a very nice if they did a Council of Dreadlords fight(do they have that in game for ToS?)
    Anyway, I loved watching the dreadlords interact with each other in WC3, might be even cooler to see them fight together.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Hey guys member when we did that Ulduar raid and there was literally not a single boss in there that had any basis in the lore outside of fucking quests in Storm Peaks?
    +1 and yet this raid is often considered one of (if not THE) best raid in the game. I guess you don't need big lore characters to make a great raid...
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest