Poll: How will we defeat Sargeras?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    With L33T DPS and tanking skillz.

Here's hoping the next villain doesn't suck!

Sargeras doesn't have a body as of now, i'm assuming he will posses Velen or Khadgar. He will not be at full power because their bodies are limited and what not, and we will just kill him like every other boss. Nothing crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    All signs point to a showdown with Sargeras to close out this expansion, whether that happens on Argus or in the surrounding nether. Who knows? Perhaps we'll chase him back to Azeroth to keep him from cleaving her in two as a final solution.

That begs the question...
    How do we defeat a god who cleaves planets in two?
    A Titan who defeated all the other Titans combined?

It calls to mind the Deathwing fight. Deathwing was too beyond us to be fought as just another dragon. Instead we went on a whole series of dungeon quests to go back in time and recover the Dragon Soul, empower it so green jesus could blast open a weak spot in Deathwings scales, then we leaped from a flying ship onto his back to further widen the wound while he was doing barrel rolls trying to shake us off, and finally - after another blast from the Dragon Soul - we joined with the diminished Dragon Aspects to stab at his feet and fight the corruption coming out of him as he stood in a maelstrom attempting to summon a Cataclysm that would end the world. Only after disabling his limbs did we bring his head within striking distance and have a chance to end him once and for all.

Many players have criticized the Deathwing encounter as disappointing, but I've never been clear on what they wanted instead (maybe they aren't either). If it had been just another dragon fight with breath and tail swipe, to me that would have been disappointing. Deathwing was not just another dragon. He needed to be larger than life.

That fight is probably closer than anything Blizz has done to the conundrum we will have with Sargeras. How will mere mortals face down a god?
    Took us 2 xpacs to kill Garrosh, 2 to kill Gul'dan. My money is on him not dying this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Sargeras doesn't have a body as of now, i'm assuming he will posses Velen or Khadgar. He will not be at full power because their bodies are limited and what not, and we will just kill him like every other boss. Nothing crazy.
    There's nothing to suggest he doesn't have a body. With Chronicle it didn't really seem to say he lost his body. I'm sure if that happened, the chronicle would mention that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    WE become Titans!

Bam!

Titan wasn't canceled after all... you suckers totally fell for it. Got you... got you... especially got YOU!

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same way we defeated Deathwing; first we scratch his back, then we tickle his toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    With the power of friendship?

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Considering it was through the portal to wherever Sargeras was, I'm certain it was Sargeras in his true form that Broxigar fought; the entire purpose of the Well of Eternity portal was to summon Sargeras, in all of his might, to Azeroth. The only mention of an Avatar is when Sargeras uses the Scepter of Sargeras to tear a hole in reality in Northrend, and then sends his Avatar to confront Aegwynn.

I just went back through the final chapters of The Sundering to check; both from Broxigar and Krasus' perspectives, they mention his titanic size, and the narrator refers to him as a titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Are you sure it was just an avatar? I don't remember reading that anywhere else. But yeah, he gave him a slight scratch, and then all magic was focused on that scratch and drove him back.
    I'll quote you both here since I'll be answering the same question. For one thing the WotA books were written well before a lot of the current Titan lore was established by Blizzard, we now know for a fact that Titans are gigantic cosmic entities that dwarf planets. The author may not have included this at the time and just assumed he could write a Titan as being something very large but perceptible to us mortals - which is of course false (also as a side note it kinda makes you wonder where he was at the time if the solid ground could support a being larger than Azeroth). Or, he will have written it in implying it was an avatar and just not conveyed that to us properly. If it was the latter, then there you go, if it was the former, then we can consider that encounter as a non-canon event due to retcons by the Blizzard writers.

From what we know in the currently established Titan lore, there is absolutely zero chance Brox managed to wound a cosmic-scale entity's true form, enchanted axe or not.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I'll quote you both here since I'll be answering the same question. For one thing the WotA books were written well before a lot of the current Titan lore was established by Blizzard, we now know for a fact that Titans are gigantic cosmic entities that dwarf planets. The author may not have included this at the time and just assumed he could write a Titan as being something very large but perceptible to us mortals - which is of course false (also as a side note it kinda makes you wonder where he was at the time if the solid ground could support a being larger than Azeroth). Or, he will have written it in implying it was an avatar and just not conveyed that to us properly. If it was the latter, then there you go, if it was the former, then we can consider that encounter as a non-canon event due to retcons by the Blizzard writers.

From what we know in the currently established Titan lore, there is absolutely zero chance Brox managed to wound a cosmic-scale entity's true form, enchanted axe or not.
    Interesting take on it. With regard to "where was he standing?" my headcanon says that when he cleaved the planet in two, he was just sort of in the area, floating. I disagree, though, that a orc-sized being couldn't scratch a cosmic-sized entity with an enchanted axe. Being millions of times larger doesn't mean he's impenetrable, and if you consider the size of a tiny bug that can sting you, it sort of fits. On the other hand I do agree that if he is truly larger than a planet, there's no physical way for anyone to comprehend what he looks like with the naked eye, as it describes Brox doing, so....
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Shol'va, kree!
    Kree shac!
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    Other: something I haven't thought of - please share your thoughts

Sargaras beats us making us flee Argus in fear.

I'm not sure we're even capable of killing a fel titan. I think we'll somehow banish him when we beat him. Something that takes a LONG time to recover from. Combine this with us having killed all his best commanders by that point and the Legion won't be a threat to us any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll punch him right in the grundle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    He wil swim through his ocean of Fel lava, and we first have to defeat his spine. But ofcourse, when players are too far of one side, he will notice them and roll in the lava. Then after defeating his spine he will be all cut up and stuff, and we have to defeat his two arms, and his wings, from 4 platforms.
    You're a genius!
    How hasn't Blizzard ever did something like this before in game... like in a boss fight or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Interesting take on it. With regard to "where was he standing?" my headcanon says that when he cleaved the planet in two, he was just sort of in the area, floating. I disagree, though, that a orc-sized being couldn't scratch a cosmic-sized entity with an enchanted axe. Being millions of times larger doesn't mean he's impenetrable, and if you consider the size of a tiny bug that can sting you, it sort of fits. On the other hand I do agree that if he is truly larger than a planet, there's no physical way for anyone to comprehend what he looks like with the naked eye, as it describes Brox doing, so....
    This is a piece of official Blizzard artwork we saw in Chronicle that shows you Sargeras' true form as he kills a corrupted world-soul (admittedly before he became fully fel-infused, though I doubt that suddenly made him a little dude). As you can see, there's little chance a tiny orc on one of those planets would even be noticeable by such a being. Imagine trying to hurt Jupiter with a pistol, that's what we're dealing with here.

Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Hmm, I wonder why people think that it is so farfetched that Sargaras will awaken from his reckless crusade, and identify that we are on the same path as him, and that we will be able to gather forces against the void lords. Neither Sargaras, nor we, can solely go against them, and there is no better chance, than to gather forces. He must know this, and my thought is that he is delibrately sacrificing KJ and Archimonde to test us, and guide us to the path of Argus.

Idk it just seem plausible and reasonable, there is no way he is so blind that he can't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeoom View Post
    Hmm, I wonder why people think that it is so farfetched that Sargaras will awaken from his reckless crusade, and identify that we are on the same path as him, and that we will be able to gather forces against the void lords. Neither Sargaras, nor we, can solely go against them, and there is no better chance, than to gather forces. He must know this, and my thought is that he is delibrately sacrificing KJ and Archimonde to test us, and guide us to the path of Argus.

Idk it just seem plausible and reasonable, there is no way he is so blind that he can't see that.
    Simply put, Sargeras has lost all vestiges of his sanity. He believes he is doing the right thing because from what he has witnessed he doesn't think anything in our universe has to ability to defeat the Void Lords, if they can be defeated at all - remember they are manifestations of the primordial shadow. It's like asking how we can defeat "The Light".

Sargeras decided that the best way to save the universe was to destroy all life himself, lest it fall to the void's corruption. This is what the Old Gods are trying to achieve, parasites flung out into our dimension by the Void Lords whose sole purpose is to burrow into worlds filled with life and corrupt it from within.

We'll defeat him with an extra action button.

1. Sargeras' body is fine. Latest lore clearly states it was shunted back into the Twisting Nether, not crushed, during the War of the Ancients, if that even was his real body and not just a giant avatar.

2. We destroy Sargeras by blowing up Argus. We've got Illidan with us, who can definitely turn a fel planet into a bomb, and Argus is the most important Legion base. It makes sense to destroy it. It also makes sense for Sargeras to show up there.

3. The destruction of Sargeras' big Titan body won't be the end of him. Even the Titans fled their doomed bodies to try and find an alternate host, and unlike them, Sargeras is an expert at possession. And then he'll actually get to be a cunning foe, rather than one that can punch a planet apart. Sounds interesting to me. I miss cunning Sargeras.

4. Sargeras is literal satan, but for the entire universe. He may have once had noble intent, but to accomplish his goals he didn't just become a monster. He became the monster. The greatest evil that ever was. I dare say he's beyond redemption. And if he isn't, he sure does not deserve it.