Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Question Would you pay a sub fee for D3 ?

I personally wouldn't mind a sub fee if blizz gave D3 a content patch every couple of months, would you guys do the same?

Yeah of corz I want pay blizz more money.

hell no.

7+ Year Old Account
    It won't happen. Not with D3.

They'd have to do a lot more than they are doing now for me to ever consider a sub, I would however pay a one time charge for a decent expansion.

Currently, not anymore. But if they introduced D3 as a sub based model, I would have; it likely would have lead to a better game.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Maybe for a D4 with EVERYTHING changed and constant flow of NEW AND FRESH CONTENT not just maps with nothing different going on.

Knowing what I now know, I wouldn't even purchase a copy of D3, let alone pay a subscription. No amount of new content is going to make Diablo 3 into anything other than a grind-fest.

I put hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of hours into that game before I realized that, new content or not, nothing ever really changes. Diablo 3 is the same game right now as it was when RoS released. Sure, there have been some systems changes and lots of loot/ability changes, but the core game is still just loot grinding, usually in rifts.

World of Diablo? Yeah, I might pay for that. I love the Diablo universe and the story... I just hate the grind/loot aspect. Progression in WoW is all about the bosses you kill. Progression in Diablo is all about the loot you have. In WoW, loot allows you to progress further and further through raid bosses. In Diablo, loot allows you to get better loot. I'm completely interested in fighting new and interesting bosses, but I have zero interest in farming boring content just to get better loot.

Side note: I absolutely loved Diablo 3 at release. Pre-nerf Inferno was a huge challenge. When I killed Diablo with my glass-cannon demon hunter, I felt incredibly accomplished. That was fun. Current Diablo is, imo, not fun at all.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Considering the disparity of quality and content quantity between mighty Blizzard's heavily overpriced Diablo 3 and indie company GGG's free to play Path of Exile?

Absolutely no chance in hell. I faster see Blizzard just ignoring Diablo 3 going forward and trying a new approach on diablo 4 in 10 years.

Diablo 3 is actually laughable at this point.

Cheap mini expansions every 6 months yes. Sub fee, no. Blizzard has proven themselves to slow and unreliable to really be able to get away with a sub fee arpg. Especially when I can play path of exile.

Deleted
    No i wouldn't pay anything more for Diablo 3 there are better alternatives out there.

Sub for abandoned game? u kidding?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay a sub for D3 if there were a steady stream of content and more playable characters. Give us Assassin, Druid, Necro and Amazon on top of what we have, let the Grifts go higher and give us more difficulties and have us progressing toward some sort of end game level Rift where we fight Diablo or Maltheal on like the equivalent of Torment 20 and NEED a team of heroes.
    Then I would pay a sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Knowing what I now know, I wouldn't even purchase a copy of D3, let alone pay a subscription. No amount of new content is going to make Diablo 3 into anything other than a grind-fest.

I put hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of hours into that game before I realized that, new content or not, nothing ever really changes. Diablo 3 is the same game right now as it was when RoS released. Sure, there have been some systems changes and lots of loot/ability changes, but the core game is still just loot grinding, usually in rifts.

World of Diablo? Yeah, I might pay for that. I love the Diablo universe and the story... I just hate the grind/loot aspect. Progression in WoW is all about the bosses you kill. Progression in Diablo is all about the loot you have. In WoW, loot allows you to progress further and further through raid bosses. In Diablo, loot allows you to get better loot. I'm completely interested in fighting new and interesting bosses, but I have zero interest in farming boring content just to get better loot.

Side note: I absolutely loved Diablo 3 at release. Pre-nerf Inferno was a huge challenge. When I killed Diablo with my glass-cannon demon hunter, I felt incredibly accomplished. That was fun. Current Diablo is, imo, not fun at all.
    I take it you never played anything in the Diablo franchise before D3?

Because the entire premise is a never-ending grind, the only thing they fucked up in D3 was killing the trade economy portion of the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind a sub fee if blizz gave D3 a content patch every couple of months, would you guys do the same?
    Nah. No way.

Would i pay sub for diablo 3. Sure, If that meant better and more rapid content. They would need to justify the price tag of the sub. I love diablo and diablo 3, but its not much new now days and game is sorta dead. With new resources from sub fees the game could go wonderous directions

They already made ton of money from base game + expansion and not much is reinvested into the game. Why would you pay more?

Hell no. Why use money on something that is dead?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

nope /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    No, I'm done with sub based games.

Surprised this wasn't Jaylock or is he only like that towards WoW?