Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Chest is pretty nice. Things I noticed.

-It can crit
    -Damage done is increased by Razorice
    -Not sure if damage done is increased by the 10% frost damage when pillar is up, but each stack that is added when pillar is up adds additional damage per stack.
    -The effect stays on you when you take off the chest. As in, you could put this on prepull and use it as an assured ~2m damage on pull.
    -The effect does indeed work for Unholy

math is simple, chest give about 200% AP per sec, so in my gear with 37k strength (917) it does 74k dps minimum
    tested on ptr: max crit - 6.7kk, 30%+ off my dmg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy pet one is worthless and nobody would want it, unless you like random pet spawning and pulling aggro.

Shambler trait is terrible enough without having to add in another guardian classed pet that can pull mobs purely due to being in their vicinity and that can't be controlled and spawn location is completely random.

Testing the chest, it doesn't seem to benefit from the 15% increased frost damage of the bracers.

However, oddly enough, not only would it gain 1 stack per second, but it would gain stacks from attacks too, letting me get 30 stacks after 10-15 seconds during breath. Very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Chest is pretty nice. Things I noticed.

-It can crit
    -Damage done is increased by Razorice
    -Not sure if damage done is increased by the 10% frost damage when pillar is up, but each stack that is added when pillar is up adds additional damage per stack.
    -The effect stays on you when you take off the chest. As in, you could put this on prepull and use it as an assured ~2m damage on pull.
    -The effect does indeed work for Unholy
    Lmao omfg it does work for unholy indeed! Just tested on ptr and did some 4mm+ crits on not great gear. Pretty sure it's not intentional and Blizzard will restrict it to frost only once they realize.

Deleted
    They wont fix it. Demo lock legendary can be used by affi/destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    They wont fix it. Demo lock legendary can be used by affi/destro.
    as well with boomkin shoulders as tank
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

So the synergies are all over the place?

I'm kinda tempted to install the PTR "quickly", just to mess around with it

Ok for Unholy...

the hands can be bought from the vendors but currently are bugged (the skeleton doesn't spawn)

just done some testing and i think the best combo for st/cleave encounters is bracers+new ring

the amount of damage pulled off is absolutely valuable (virulent plague has become the second source of damage!)..like 100k+ in st from 7.2 with the same equip

No way that frost chest stays like that on live, right?

I can see them nerfing it to 10 stacks, 1 min CD and frost only by patch day.
    Last edited by wooootles; 2017-05-25 at 02:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so i have a questions since i seem to be behind on times in terms of stats. I thought 1pt of Str = 2pt of AtP....is that not right anymore???

I was thinking, my char has about 35,000 str, which would be 70k ap. 70k atp x 200% = 140k atp. Which would value each second at 140k atp for me before any mastery [if it ever works] crit, or other buffs/debuffs that might effect. [Razor ice, str procs, potions, etc]

If that was the case it would be too op and needing nerf, however it seems most people are saying that 1pt STR = 1pt AtP
    Did that change come when they removed AtP as a visible stat? That's what i get for missing 2 expansions lol

guys i tested the new legendary for frost (the chest) on ptr and its jsut too up it crits up to like 8 mil and u can use it every 30 sec. My dk got 20% haste 41% mastery and 25% crit and itl 911 on ptr. i used the bracers and the chest. Tbh they will nerv that cause i played the machine gun built and i was constant on 1ml dps single target and the chest was always first with like 30% of the overall dmg

Quote Originally Posted by xontrps View Post
    guys i tested the new legendary for frost (the chest) on ptr and its jsut too up it crits up to like 8 mil and u can use it every 30 sec. My dk got 20% haste 41% mastery and 25% crit and itl 911 on ptr. i used the bracers and the chest. Tbh they will nerv that cause i played the machine gun built and i was constant on 1ml dps single target and the chest was always first with like 30% of the overall dmg
    Yeah, with easy buffs (just flask, RI, etc) in my 907 gear I can do like 3,6m non-crits, that is just broken.. on a 6 minute fight that would be around 47m over a 6 minute fight if you are unlucky and don't crit a single one. That's like 15-20% of your damage on a Krosus fight. Not to mention that I could go around the world like a menace and oneshot people..

I wonder if they will find a point where it is desireable yet balanced...

I unfortunately dont see this going live as is...I wish it would but seems to be a little too strong, even when you consider what you have to give up in using this.

There isnt an issue with the "Frost" legendary being best for Unholy, it' already happens with multiple classes, the largest issue with the chest, is just the fact it can be stacked so fast, If it was actually 30 seconds it wont be 25-30% of your damage, but rather 15%ish, which would probably be fine, and still BiS on ST fights, and a strong contender on AoE too.

Deleted
    Well we sure made a lot of fuss about how clearly OP the chest is. We shouldnt blame Blizz if they overnerf the shit out of it before release. Blizz has a bad reputation balancing such kind of proc effects if we judge from the ww legendary chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Well we sure made a lot of fuss about how clearly OP the chest is. We shouldnt blame Blizz if they overnerf the shit out of it before release. Blizz has a bad reputation balancing such kind of proc effects if we judge from the ww legendary chest.
    Yea, they could use the chest to try and balance out the huge difference between BoS and every other talent set up...Like cap the damage while using BoS to 35%-50%, so it hits twice as hard while using Obliteration or Glacial Advance. (Or a debuff making attacks during obliteration hit harder/Glacial advance hit harder)

Something like:

Chains of Ice now causes Frost Bite, increasing the damage the target takes from Glacial Advance by 300%, Lasts 6 seconds.

So you would still fire off a GA between the stacks, or possible at some point you could just use CoI at lower stacks to get the debuff on the target for every GA, as it could make for more in depth playstyles.

Something similar for for Obliteration, but thats the best i got off the top of my head.

If the chest is gaining stacks from something else other than just well, time, that's clearly a bug. It's the first time this is even being tested, so keep that in mind. Just like how the Unholy gloves are bugged to not even work.

Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post
    Okay, so i have a questions since i seem to be behind on times in terms of stats. I thought 1pt of Str = 2pt of AtP....is that not right anymore???

I was thinking, my char has about 35,000 str, which would be 70k ap. 70k atp x 200% = 140k atp. Which would value each second at 140k atp for me before any mastery [if it ever works] crit, or other buffs/debuffs that might effect. [Razor ice, str procs, potions, etc]

If that was the case it would be too op and needing nerf, however it seems most people are saying that 1pt STR = 1pt AtP
    Did that change come when they removed AtP as a visible stat? That's what i get for missing 2 expansions lol
    Install DejaCharacterStats addon and read your AP if you want to know it specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post

Also, Strength is only 1 AP now, not 2 like the olden days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    Ok for Unholy...

the hands can be bought from the vendors but currently are bugged (the skeleton doesn't spawn)

just done some testing and i think the best combo for st/cleave encounters is bracers+new ring

the amount of damage pulled off is absolutely valuable (virulent plague has become the second source of damage!)..like 100k+ in st from 7.2 with the same equip
    I guess you mean that wounds overtake VP damage, since VP is already top as ebon fever is the best talent currently in that tier for every situation.