Poll: Do you flush your mouth after washing teeth with toothpaste?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've never done that.

Makes no sense either. Tooth paste is good for your teeth. Spitting it all out again instead of letting some of it stay on your teeth can't be smart.

Yes, mouth wash is a must. Not sure why people say bullshit or what not. Get your facts together and go back to your dentist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yes, with fluoride solution, 2%. Not water.
    http://fluoridealert.org/studies/brain01/

Fluoride is bad for you amigo. Its literally making you dumber.

Xylitol... its awful stuff and your mouth won't FEEL clean... but your dentist will love you. It makes my mouth feel slimy.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

Xylitol... its awful stuff and your mouth won't FEEL clean... but your dentist will love you. It makes my mouth feel slimy.
    I don't buy into the fluoride scare tactics considering the small amounts I'd be getting into my system and the fact that I'm a grown woman, not a child. The solution is not swallowed.

Xylitol stimulates the production of saliva, but my saliva isn't as effective as that of other people which is why I NEED fluoride. If it has an effect on IQ, it didn't show during the times that I was tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I've always flushed my mouth with water after washing teeth with toothpaste. So has everyone else I know.

But apparently you are not supposed to, according to dentists.

So how about you? Do you flush?
    Those dentists are dumb. You need to at the very least use water or the process of brushing did absolutely nothing. I prefer water and then mouthwash after. Brushing your teeth is to physically remove plaque. If you don't rinse after with something all you did was move it around and not remove it. Much like washing your hands, the friction is the biggest part of it. Mouthwash it really where you get your fluoride.

I brush my teeth, rinse , then floss, then brush my teeth again then rinse. Always water, I don't use mouth wash, I don't have bad breath. I could eat a salami and tuna sub and not get bad breath.

7+ Year Old Account
    I rinse with water and then rinse with mouth wash.

Kinda removing the fluoride if you're just going to immediately rinse it out with water...

You should for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

So fluoride is bad for you to ingest, yes. You don't ingest the mouthwash, you spit it out. And the trivial amount of fluoride that gets into your system won't harm you.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Who the fuck washes their teeth? I thought most people brushed their teeth? Have I been doing it wrong all these years ?
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

15+ Year Old Account
    I would change the title if I could.

I wasn't kind of paying attention to grammar/choice of words when I made the thread. I wasn't thinking about brushing at all, because in Finnish we are washing our teeth. I also wasn't sure which word was the correct word for the rinsing and I went with flushing. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The real question is do you floss?

I need to more, but I try to at night before bed.
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    The real question is do you floss?

I need to more, but I try to at night before bed.
    Sometimes, maybe once a week while watching a movie or something.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I have to floss after eating popcorn, which is usually when watching a movie. I can't deal with that feel
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I have to floss after eating popcorn, which is usually when watching a movie. I can't deal with that feel
    I don't eat popcorn because of what it does to my gums. Something always gets stuck in my gums and causes a mild infection the next day.