Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    All i am reading from your post:

I AM ONE OF THE TOXIC, SHARE MY OPINION OR GET CANCER!!!1111

In YOUR opinion the game is boring and full of toxic players and noobs. In YOUR opinion there are better Mobas.
    In MY opinion Hots is the most fun moba right now. In MY opinion HotS has the most friendly community. In MY opinion the matchmaking became pretty good right now and you meet people in your skill range as you mostly do in other Mobas.

If you directly start with shit like everything is toxic, boring and full of noobs you are such an obvious problem of the moba genre communities.

And beside that, I don't want rush B.
    Actually it really sounds like you're toxic. Someone expressed a fleshed out opinion you didn't share and you decided to call them "one of the toxic" which is usually a key indicator of a toxic player/person.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    A friend of a friend thought hots was a horrible game, but he would play it as long as we could convince him that it was at LEAST better than he thought.

Got him to play heroes like Abathur and Gall (I controlled cho) and he was loving the different takes on heroes abilities. While he didn't enjoy how the levels worked we played for 3 hours before he hopped off with a "Should stop now before I get addicted".

Some people just hate on it because it looks like just another MOBA clone without giving it a chance.
    and the same token people hate simply because its not a dota/lol clone.

I prefer HOTS to the other games. More interesting heroes. LoL is good too but I feel like you gotta do a ton of research before you can hop into another hero which I don't have time for.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I still find though LoL community more toxic than HOTS one. Yeah i can agree i encounter players who don't have idea what to do, or just simply trolling. But reporting trolls or rude players is pointless since blizz do nothing to them, only mute them.

HOTS 1.0 i can tell you now, was an fatal mistake. it should stay one more year in open beta or something, then release it like now was with 2.0.
    I actually enjoy this in HotS over LoL because in LoL it's basically 2-3 reports and you're punished by a bot without a human eye on it and when you actually do find someone that is being rude etc according to Riot you're just supposed to ignore them and report at the end which in the meantime they're telling the other team and your team and the people they grouped with to report you.

Meanwhile in HotS I politely tell someone what they did wrong and how to improve and when they get all violently crazy in chat and say they're going to report me I feel fine that nothing will happen.

It's amazing to me how narrow-minded the MOBA fanbase is, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yeah of course HOTS 2.0 make game better, but some of old issues are back like two supports on QM's or Nova and Zeratul in one team in QM.
    Try having the enemy team with Nova, Zeratul AND Valeera at once while your team has 3 supports. Fun days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's amazing to me how narrow-minded the MOBA fanbase is, to be honest.
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Even back when I played WarCraft 3 I found the MOBA community insufferable. Heck, I loved playing WarCraft 3, but I barely touched DotA. When I tried getting into the original DotA for once I had a terrible experience from the very start. Super hostile and always kicking me out for simply trying to download the game. Even when I got it downloaded from the main website there was not a single time I got an honest chance at actually trying the mod out. I quickly gave up on it and instead got to experience it through Dota 2, which I actually found fun (got around 400 games played since I stopped a few years ago).

When I had friends who played League of Legends I tried to join in on the game, but with the awful UI at the time (this was half a decade ago and I know Riot improved it a couple of years ago), and literally every match having toxic people in them, I could not continue with it. Heck, even the FPS genre has overall a better community than the MOBA genre in its whole, and that's saying a lot considering some of the games I've seen.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-05-24 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Even back when I played WarCraft 3 I found the MOBA community insufferable. Heck, I loved playing WarCraft 3, but I barely touched DotA. When I tried getting into the original DotA for once I had a terrible experience from the very start. Super hostile and always kicking me out for simply trying to download the game. Even when I got it downloaded from the main website there was not a single time I got an honest chance at actually trying the mod out. I quickly gave up on it and instead got to experience it through Dota 2, which I actually found fun (got around 400 games played since I stopped a few years ago).

When I had friends who played League of Legends I tried to join in on the game, but with the awful UI at the time (this was half a decade ago and I know Riot improved it a couple of years ago), and literally every match having toxic people in them, I could not continue with it. Heck, even the FPS genre has overall a better community than the MOBA genre in its whole, and that's saying a lot considering some of the games I've seen.
    Are you saying if I try to load up DoTA2 and or LoL will i be met with instant hostility as a new player?

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I saw the same reactions in Kripp's stream 2 days when he mentioned he was gonna do a HOTS stream day. People are heavily influenced by other opinions when they heard the game is "Shit" yet other Moba's are stealing core concepts of HOTS now. Dota talents and LoL quests/Rift herald springs to mind.

Most people i play with love how you don't have to be in a passive playmode for 10 minutes just farming for items and you're not bound to a single map
    If by 10 you mean 20.

Completely agree on the opinion thing, specially with streams, there's some crazy social psychology mind fuck going on in there, like people worship the streamer or something.

Also about Kripp, he's basically the reason Path of Exile became something. There was like less than 100 people playing the beta at first, after his streams the servers exploded with 3k+ players instantly and then the devs noticed and started talking with him to do special appearances on his stream, which worked fine with his crazy late night hours since GGG is Australian.

On topic: It's not only that the marketing is bad, it's also that moba players are extremely conservative, LoL probably never would have worked if they didn't shamelessly copy the old dota map and reverse the Roshan name into Baron Nashor. After learning 5 milion fucking ugly champion I understand they don't wanna start over again.

I enjoy HotS more than LoL and DotA mostly because it has more variety, better map designs, actually maps are even more balanced because they are symmetrical instead of not being symmetrical (no, the dota and LoL map is not symmetrical, stop fooling yourself), heroes are far more interesting, the talent design gives more options than the items in dota and LoL cuz they always use the same builds while the HotS talents actually bring many options they are almost all viable at some point in some maps. Also the talents make it easier to balance the game since it affects 1 hero only, tweaking an item in dota or LoL affects many heroes, some who don't need to be buffed/nerfed, so there is always collateral damage.
    Also the shared exp makes it a team game instead of actually hating when someone comes to your lane cuz it only feels like you are losing exp/gold, fucking stupid archaic concept that goes against the core design of the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Just compare tanking of varian and Etc. And you will see diference.

im not saying HotS is bad game. Its just like uncooked meal for me. It can be played but isnt right.
    yes because league and dota have no very strong charecters and no very weak charecters, they are 100% balanced, and 100% skill based
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes because league and dota have no very strong charecters and no very weak charecters, they are 100% balanced, and 100% skill based
    I don't think that's what he wrote. A good ETC can get double and game changing value compared to Varian. While Varian is a lot easier to play creating a big rift withing the playerbase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Super hostile and always kicking me out for simply trying to download the game. .
    It's understandable based on the game design. Having someone in your team who never played before is a pretty certain loss and dota games take about 30 - 60 minutes.
    Should have played with friends. Why would 9 random people waste their time for someone they don't even know?
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-05-25 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Are you saying if I try to load up DoTA2 and or LoL will i be met with instant hostility as a new player?
    You personaly will be met with hostility everywhere Jaylock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    It's understandable based on the game design. Having someone in your team who never played before is a pretty certain loss and dota games take about 30 - 60 minutes.
    Should have played with friends. Why would 9 random people waste their time for someone they don't even know?
    That is a pretty bad excuse when the games were constantly displayed in Custom Games where people came and went all the time, especially when other mods did not have nearly the same amount of hostility when joining, for what was for all intents and purposes, a public game. I did not have anyone who played WC3 as much as I did, so partying up with people to play DotA was out of the question.

Making up excuses for hostile behaviour against new players is not really going to convince me that the community was great in the slightest. In fact, your reasoning just reinforces my point on how awful MOBA communities have been, and still continue to be to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I never saw anything 'toxic'. People are just overly sensitive to any criticism or disagreement.

As in real life, people are either stubborn, stupid, frustrated or miserable. Out of my 3997 games, I encountered only one player who was truly abusive to me (He wanted to rape my mother like a bitch she is, haha). I am not saying I never saw people insulting me, I just don't give a fuck about it. It is what it is, shit happens.

Am I saint? No, but I always try to talk with people in a sensible manner. If they ignore me despite all the rational reasoning I gave them, fuck it. Game is lost and if you feel offended by advices I am giving you, hope you do well in your next game, but don't expect me to assist you on your journey to feed children in Africa with all the deaths.

Actually all the truly new players were open to my advices and I saw them trying to improve, even if they failed multiple times. I am fine with new players, despite being annoyed by the matchmaking. However I remember when I was getting into the game so I can understand their position.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    To be honest, I never saw anything 'toxic'. People are just overly sensitive to any criticism or disagreement.
    I am the most toxic player you can have in your team. I will even http://www.youswear.com/ it out in your language.

The problem was never getting people interested in playing the game, this is Blizzard after all with a large built in and fiercely loyal costumer base, it is retaining people's interest. No marketing is going to help with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You personaly will be met with hostility everywhere Jaylock.
    Especially when he put as avatar on forums photo of Bobby Kottick, CEO of Activision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    I am the most toxic player you can have in your team. I will even http://www.youswear.com/ it out in your language.
    Your point..?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Your point..?
    You don't take toxic players serious. Hence victims of toxic players are also not taken seriously. You make it look like a minor problem. Which it is not. The toxic players makes drafts deciding the game on first pick. I happens all the time and forges behavior. Denying simple disgust towards team mates which many players have is me not taking you seriously.