Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

btw mary was pregnant outside of marriage.
    She wasn't christian and she wasn't in a private school.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    What IS the reason here ? Playing silly ?
    If you have to ask, then you either wouldn't understand or wouldn't agree so what's the point of asking?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    defending religious freedoms and peoples free will to willingly sign a contract and pay alot of fucking money to intentionally attend a religious institution? Defending their free will to do that? and peoples free will to buy private property in which they make their own rules? Yes, yes I absolutely am defending that. If your not, your defending the lose of alot of freedom, and the implications would be far reaching and destructive to almost every private citizen of a 1st world nation.
    I'm a Christian and this right here is full basis of my arguments here - not religious beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    They don't have to be acceptable to most people. They only have to be accepted by those that want to attend the school.
    Although realistically: how many students are there because they wanted to attend the school and how many are there because their parents wanted them to?

defending religious freedoms and peoples free will to willingly sign a contract and pay alot of fucking money to intentionally attend a religious institution? Defending their free will to do that? and peoples free will to buy private property in which they make their own rules? Yes, yes I absolutely am defending that. If your not, your defending the lose of alot of freedom, and the implications would be far reaching and destructive to almost every private citizen of a 1st world nation.
    "Muh freedumz", what a classic.

You can feel however you like about this crap, we can feel however we like. It's not as if though anyone out here having opinions will amount to any form of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ok, let me rephrase since you think that stoning and killing is the one trademark of Sharia law; Religious stupidity in a modern society.

Defending it? Hah.
    It's all they got as response. "did they get stoned?!!+11" "no? then this religion does everything ok"

As if there's nothing inbetween stoning and complete harmony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Reminder: Discussing the case at hand is fine; discussing religion itself as well as religion-bashing are not.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you have to ask, then you either wouldn't understand or wouldn't agree so what's the point of asking?
    Because i like to question actions which ARE silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Although realistically: how many students are there because they wanted to attend the school and how many are there because their parents wanted them to?
    logic can be so easy... actually: did she signed the contract or her parents ?
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-05-25 at 07:46 PM.

That too. 10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It's all they got as response. "did they get stoned?!!+11" "no? then this religion does everything ok"

As if there's nothing inbetween stoning and complete harmony.
    Haha, my thought exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    I thought these devoted Christians was all for "Pro-life", so shouldn't they instead celebrate that she is pregnant, joy for life or something?
    Nah, people like that only care about babies made while married or telling others how immoral they are, but also saying "You keep that baby for Jebus!" Then, when the baby is born and the parent can't afford to take care of it, they also are the same group that doesn't care and doesn't want their tax dollars going to help that baby.

All that aside, if the father was also in the school, did they ban the father from walking too? Only fair because he was equally "immoral" in this situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    All that aside, if the father was also in the school, did they ban the father from walking too? Only fair because he was equally "immoral" in this situation.
    Like people said earlier, the article states that she refused to name the father, but said that he does not attend the school. So they can't ban him from attending the ceremony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Muh freedumz", what a classic.

You can feel however you like about this crap, we can feel however we like. It's not as if though anyone out here having opinions will amount to any form of change.
    So you are saying your opinion doesn't mean shit but you post it anyway...ok

Firstly, until the student reaches the age of majority (generally 18), they are their parents' responsibility so it doesn't really matter. Her parents are throwing a fit over this as well and they signed the same code of conduct.

Secondly, the student signed the code of conduct (along with parental signatures) so she agreed to the code. If she really really didn't want to attend this school, she could have refused to sign. I know she could have been pressured by parents, friends, etc., but if you're going to argue she is responsible enough to have sex, then she should be held responsible for her decision to agree to these rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Like people said earlier, the article states that she refused to name the father, but said that he does not attend the school. So they can't ban him from attending the ceremony.
    I'll post this again. The father was not a student at the school.

The baby’s father is out of high school and did not attend Heritage (source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.7b73d14ae290

So you didnt even think about the issue? You just blurted out BS buzz words. Read about the law, seriously, read about WHY we are fucking free. This lack of education is so dangerous. These laws that allow this are literally the same fucking laws that allow you to do ALMOST ANYTHING. Your not thinking at all, not even a little. I hate all religion BTW.
    I'm glad to say that I don't live in your country, so your little fit of anger doesn't apply to me. I'm lucky to be living in a country where religious schools are under heavy scrutiny right now.

I thought just fine about the issue at hand, and gave my opinion on it as well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fundamentalist idiots are about as stupid as teenage pregnancy, both are dumb for their own reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Because i like to question actions which ARE silly.
    LOL.. While some would call that spam, I kind of like it as an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yup. My agenda is that I definitely don't like religious apologists, when it's always clear they do not do the same to any other religions. It's completely ridiculous double standard, that always favors just one, as extremely evident yet again. It's almost like some people are incapable of criticizing their favorite, no matter how similar stuff it does to the one they always feel compelled to bash. Instead of criticizing both for bad crap.
    I would argue that it's cultural. People are willing to be more forgiven to this because it's inside their cultural sphere, whereas they're less inclined to so with a cultural Other, specially when elements of that sphere carry out mass killings close to home.

Some people see that as justifiable double standard. I don't give a damn, I dislike all religions.

Having pregnant kids take the stage for grad looks terrible for your school. This isn't just a religious thing, it's a nobody wants to see their 18 year old high school student be pregnant thing as well. The message that sends is that this is a bad school where bad kids get into trouble and will influence your kid.

Firstly, until the student reaches the age of majority (generally 18), they are their parents' responsibility so it doesn't really matter. Her parents are throwing a fit over this as well and they signed the same code of conduct.

Secondly, the student signed the code of conduct (along with parental signatures) so she agreed to the code. If she really really didn't want to attend this school, she could have refused to sign. I know she could have been pressured by parents, friends, etc., but if you're going to argue she is responsible enough to have sex, then she should be held responsible for her decision to agree to these rules.
    Yeah, that's all fine. I'm mostly pointing out that there is a difference between "want to" and "agree to." Not that the distinction changes anything in regards to how the school views or handles the matter.

I'm really not sure where I argued about whether or not she was responsible enough to have sex. I don't remember making that argument.