Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Duterte Vows to ‘Forget About Human Rights’ If Islamic State Attacks Philippines

Finally a leader who recognizes the only thing in history that works against moslems willing to use kids as shields. Candle light vigils are seen as submission.

Duterte Vows to ‘Forget About Human Rights’ If Islamic State Attacks Philippines

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...s-philippines/

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has once again threatened to eschew international human rights norms in the context of battling the Islamic State (ISIS), warning that the impending liberation of ISIS hotbeds like Mosul, Iraq, and Raqqa, Syria, may result in a stream of jihadists making a new home in his nation.
    “Once the terrorists of the Middle East are deprived of the land area, the real estate area where they can sleep. … They will wander to other places and they will come here and we have to prepare for that,” Duterte said on Monday, according to Reuters. “Remember, these guys, they do not have an iota of what is human rights, believe me. I will not just simply allow my people to be slaughtered for the sake of human rights; that’s bullshit,” he asserted, promising that if the Islamic State made a play for the Philippines, “forget about human rights.”

Duterte had promised to stop swearing in October, claiming God had personally told him he needed to clean up his act. He later claimed the promise was a “joke.” He has not, however, heeded warnings from the United Nations and international NGOs to subscribe to international human rights standards regarding the use of force against drug criminals. Duterte assumed the presidency in June after winning on a forceful law and order platform.

Duterte, Reuters notes, was speaking at a law enforcement agency about the “looming terrorism” in the nation’s Muslim-minority populated south.

The president’s remarks appear to disregard that an Islamic State affiliate is already active in the Philippines and raises questions regarding Duterte’s own attempts at negotiating peace with domestic radical Islamic groups. Duterte himself said in August that, on “some parts of the islands of Mindanao, there are white people. I suppose they are Arabs, and they are here as missionaries. … They are here for indoctrination. That’s what I’m afraid of.”

“We have problems with Muslim insurgency, and we have to address them before they get contaminated by the ISIS disease,” Duterte said, promising a 20,000 troop deployment to southern Mindanao.

The terrorist group Abu Sayyaf makes its home in Mindanao and has pledged allegiance to Islamic State “Caliph” Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Reuters notes that they are currently believed to be holding 21 hostages, taking six Vietnamese hostages last week. The terrorists attacked a Vietnamese ship in Philippine waters, shooting a crew member. The group claims to have taken another hostage, a German national, on Friday. Abu Sayyaf has beheaded a foreigner this year after his nation of origin refused to pay their ransom and has threatened to abduct outspoken Christian Senator Manny Pacquiao, better known as a boxing champion.

Duterte has previously promised to “eat” Abu Sayyaf terrorists. He has appeared far more open to cooperating with Mindanao’s other major Islamic terrorist group, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).

The MILF group has praised Duterte on numerous occasions and burned piles of drugs in a gesture of support for Duterte’s war on drugs. Duterte, in turn, has said that he is open to cooperating with the group on a peace deal and adding them to the ranks of those aiding his war on drugs, but that the group must first disavow and prove they no longer have any links to Abu Sayyaf. Duterte, a Mindanao native, courted the Muslim vote in the Southern Philippines as a candidate and has alienated some Christian voters with his use of profanity and invective against Pope Francis
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

What human rights would that be, seeing how he has already approved vigilante killings with zero proof requirement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

He can do whatever he pleases against jihadis imo. They are nothing but problems there beheading hostages etc.

Reminds me of my narcissistic father who, after hearing word that a competitor was firing coworkers, randomly put his boss/friend on notice that if he starts firing his fellow coworkers and subordinates, he would raise hell. A couple of months later, he was fired himself, was out of a life-long friend, and bitterly rode his ego into nearly a decade of unemployment.

The idea of consequences seems to continue to evade us.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    What human rights would that be, seeing how he has already approved vigilante killings with zero proof requirement?
    no process, no prison. if you are considered a jihadist, you are dead.

It's not a good idea putting jihadis in prison there where there is like 30 dudes in one cell, radicalization and all that. Better to just kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    no process, no prison. if you are considered a jihadist, you are dead.
    No different from already anyone being allowed to kill any other person with a claim that they used drugs or dealt them. No proof needed.

Which makes the jihadis even more stupid. They could get aboard the "let's kill druggies" train, and claim it anytime they do something bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

"The MILF group has praised Duterte on numerous occasions" --- "Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF)."

Was hard to keep a serious face when I came to that part. :>

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    "The MILF group has praised Duterte on numerous occasions" --- "Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF)."

Was hard to keep a serious face when I came to that part. :>

MILF : a group we can easily rally behind... Bwahahaha !!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    So... exactly what ISIS wants then to aid them in radicalization of moderate muslims?

That said I'm pretty sure that several south-east asian countries already put muslims in concentration camps 'for their own safety', instead of allowing them to live in the rest of the country.
    Well, fair guess Duerte doesnt want to waste time and money with camps.
    btw: what is the purpose of such camps; you cannot let them live outside anymore ? it's a dead end for them.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Man, what a time to be alive. If your neighbor pisses you off, you can just phone in an anonymous tip and watch him get disappeared.
    calling in SWAT does the same trick, but not permanently. the idea isnt so new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill and harm innocents to kill people who want to kill and harm innocents.

Isnt that a meme?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I don't think anyone have a problem with capturing or killing terrorists. His statement is basically we're gonna kill innocent people without discrimination cause it's easier than hunting terrorists.
    Which plays into exactly what ISIS wants. Kill innocents, radicalize further.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Kill and harm innocents to kill people who want to kill and harm innocents.

Isnt that a meme?
    It's the kind of moral myopia that happens when someone is full of themselves and are given absolute powers.

And I again await Duterte fans. They are bound to appear here and rain praise upon their saviour xD
    In the meantime, I wonder, how many will die this time. Dead jihadists is one thing, dead innocents are another. Judging from the campaign against drugs there will be a lot of latter ones.

Here we have a president who cares about his people. Unlike the leaders of EU. You don't negotiate with evil, you eradicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And I again await Duterte fans. They are bound to appear here and rain praise upon their saviour xD
    In the meantime, I wonder, how many will die this time. Dead jihadists is one thing, dead innocents are another. Judging from the campaign against drugs there will be a lot of latter ones.
    Guess they should play nice with them risking their own lifes trying to arrest them even though they will shoot at them at first sight, they already beheaded the police chief there you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    you mean like the Japanese and Germans in WW2? Oh right, that kind of thinking is extremely dangerous.
    I not sure I want to defend the one you quoted, but I'm not sure your comparison works. How about eradicating the Nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Guess they should play nice with them risking their own lifes trying to arrest them even though they will shoot at them at first sight, they already beheaded the police chief there you know.
    Tell me, how does this goes against what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So Karl Plagge? Eradication means all.
    I wouldn't call him a true Nazi and far as I know he didn't identify him self as one?

When it comes to ISIS members, at least those involved in conflict I don't think I would have minded if they all were executed. But I'm most of the time open to change my opinion, not the easiest subject either.