Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why does it take different amount of time for AK research?

Okey so here is the problem:

-My friend is AK Level 33 and it takes 8days for him to complete 2AK Researches. (He tells me that it has been that long for him, always)
    He has a former Main that is AK level 35 and it takes him 5days there to research 2AK levels.

-I have a character that is currently AK level 35 and it takes me 7days to complete 2AK levels and an alt of mine is AK Level 32 and there it takes 4days to complete 2AK level researches.

-A former Officer of mine is AK level 38 and it takes him 5days to complete 2AK levels.

All of this is just weird with the AK research time. Has anyone heard of this before and what is it that in this case makes it so the amount of time for the AK to complete differ so much?

Best Regards

The further behind you are the less time it takes.

It's the minor catch up mechanic. If you're fully up to date on your research it's 5 days per AK, the further you get behind the shorter it takes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The further behind you are the less time it takes.
    -My friend is AK Level 33 and it takes 8days for him to complete 2AK Researches. (He tells me that it has been that long for him, always)
    He has a former Main that is AK level 35 and it takes him 5days there to research 2AK levels.

Read that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frantixx View Post

Read that again.
    I read it and it sounds like both your friend and your former officer are confused and giving you wrong information.

The system works exactly how he and I said it does.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Read that again.
    so his main is higher ak than his alt? which is why his alt takes less time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so his main is higher ak than his alt? which is why his alt takes less time?
    If u read it takes longer time for the alt that is level 33 then it does for his former main that is AK 35

Read that again.
    I read it

Your friend is obviously just reading off time remaining until the two he has queued are complete, not the full time they both actually took.

-A former Officer of mine is AK level 38 and it takes him 5days to complete 2AK levels
    For example this is impossible, 5 days each maybe, not 5 days for both

Cue next snarky reply from OP
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    https://gyazo.com/b8a462d1a8fabc1a11bd4756b3e14f9b

Im level 36 on this char. And people tells me that it takes 5days to complete 2AK researches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    I read it

Your friend is obviously just reading off time remaining until the two he has queued are complete, not the full time they both actually took.

Cue next snarky reply from OP
    So what ur saying is that what it says how long it will take differs from how long it will actually take?
    Thats how i read ur sentence atleast.

https://gyazo.com/b8a462d1a8fabc1a11bd4756b3e14f9b

Im level 36 on this char. And people tells me that it takes 5days to complete 2AK researches.

- - - Updated - - -

So what ur saying is that what it says how long it will take differs from how long it will actually take?
    Thats how i read ur sentence atleast.
    Pretty self explanatory there. The Class Hall Report is telling you how long for the next one, not both of them and the window where you set the notes up is telling you how long for both of them to complete.
    Last edited by Zyrosis; 2017-05-25 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's the minor catch up mechanic. If you're fully up to date on your research it's 5 days per AK, the further you get behind the shorter it takes.
    This. The fact that you're giving us the time per 2 AK tells me your buddy is most likely reading the time off the class hall report which is only for one, though it shows 2/2 queued, it's telling you the time for the next one to complete, not both.

roflmao... what ppl are playing this game can't read the damn graphic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    roflmao... what ppl are playing this game can't read the damn graphic

Please explain that since ur in here with disrespectful comments

I already did.

Be mindful if you always queue both researches the moment you retrieve 1 scroll the second one already started rolling, so if let's say your AK research arrived at night and you retrieve it next afternoon you might already have 12h+ progress on the second scroll that will be counted in the "time to complete" report, the fact you see 4,5 days to complete could be due to that 0,5 day done already when you weren't online, that's the reason we can queue 2, to ensure no downtime no matter if you retrieve it asap or within few next days (you only have downtime if you leave it so long both complete).

And damn, some people already are at 38? I queued mine at 1st day of 7.2 and I think I still have 1-2 days left until 38.

He has a former Main that is AK level 35 and it takes him 5days there to research 2AK levels. Alternatively, hit takes 5 days each, and he's just reading 5 days instead of 10.

He probably started it at different times. His AK 35 guy probably takes 9 days to do both, but he's already progressed far enough for the timer to show "5 days".
    The AK 33 guy probably just started, so it's 4 days for each, or 8 days.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    He probably started it at different times. His AK 35 guy probably takes 9 days to do both, but he's already progressed far enough for the timer to show "5 days".
    The AK 33 guy probably just started, so it's 4 days for each, or 8 days.
    This sounds fair enough. But now i have another dude in Discord right now telling me it takes 3days each for his AK research and he is level 38. All this just sounds weird to me. Since one guy says it takes 4 days to complete 1AK level in level 33AK and one guy says it takes 3days for him to do 1AK level in level 38?

Someone is misreading something somewhere.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean, you can keep posting this same thing over and over and people will continue to tell you someone is telling you something wrong.

Chances are the guy saying both in 5 days, likely caught his first 1 as it was about to expire which would mean his second is going to take close to 5. Whilst the first guy gave the time when both had been queued together at the same time.

This sounds fair enough. But now i have another dude in Discord right now telling me it takes 3days each for his AK research and he is level 38.
    I bet he's then on trait 38 not on AK level 38. As I said, I doubt anyone is at AK 38 yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If u read it takes longer time for the alt that is level 33 then it does for his former main that is AK 35
    yeah i did misread it, but given that the standard is 5 days per ak research level thats why i misread it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I bet he's then on trait 38 not on AK level 38. As I said, I doubt anyone is at AK 38 yet.
    i agree with this, I started doing ak research about 21 hours after launch and I am currently at 37, couple of days off my 38th