Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    True, which is why I lean heavily on the conservative side, as I believe the liberal agenda is to limit freedoms, and impose more restrictions and govt. control on its citizens.
    which has near zero actual fact in legislation, unless of course you reach for the usual GOP talking points like the ACA and such.

Now compare that to what Trump has said and actual legislation supported by the republicans, even the gospel of "free market" is thrown out the window for campaign contributions aka Tesla direct to consumer selling.

Like the old saying there is no greater glory then to die in battle so sure im going down with the ancient/medieval warrior code valhalla here i come.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant really use democrats to describe a persons ideology anymore as there are plenty of conservative democrats. Its confusing to me as well, but im assuming its one of those situations where "my dad was a democrat, my grandpa was a democrat, so I am a democrat even though I don't believe in anything most democrats believe in"
    And now you should understand it's democrats who are doing those decisions which you consider limiting your freedom. Not liberals.

A quick google search reveals as of 2006 we had 11.5 million illegal immigrants in the US. Im sure its more by now.
    So where does the "controlled immigration" part step in?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Define, "die for my country?" If you mean die in any given random military engagement our dumb-fuck leaders come up with, no, thanks. If you mean die defending my home from a land invasion of a hostile force that seeks to kill us all, sure, seems reasonable, although completely imaginary. But even then I'd be dying for family, not country. If I had no loved ones to defend, I'd just fuck off and leave. If everyone I cared about could fuck off and leave, nothing left to defend. Peace out. Also, if the invading force isn't looking to commit genocide, then whatever. Only nerds care about "country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant really use democrats to describe a persons ideology anymore as there are plenty of conservative democrats. Its confusing to me as well, but im assuming its one of those situations where "my dad was a democrat, my grandpa was a democrat, so I am a democrat even though I don't believe in anything most democrats believe in"

- - - Updated - - -

A quick google search reveals as of 2006 we had 11.5 million illegal immigrants in the US. Im sure its more by now.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a national holiday coming up (this Monday the 29th) called Memorial Day to honor our fallen soldiers and those who protect the freedom of our country by serving in the military.
    Oh yes, the "holiday" used by the millions of Americans as an excuse to just party and get drunk or to promote businesses and sales with the great "Memorial Day weekend sales" Yeah, this country really knows how to honor the fallen soldiers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Isn't US pretty much the definition of multiculturalism? How is it working for you?
    No multiculturalism is a European thing. America is a melting pot. In other words, we're a mishmash of different cultures. Ontop of that we expect immigrants to adapt and assimilate into our way of life. Europe on the other hand believes that cultures should be kept separate/segregated. That all cultures and groups of people should not assimilate and should instead build their own niches, and keep other people from other cultures out.

Deleted
    I would live for my country.

Those who say they would die for their country also easily would kill for their country.

Nationalism leads to nothing good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And now you should understand it's democrats who are doing those decisions which you consider limiting your freedom. Not liberals.

So where does the "controlled immigration" part step in?
    Thats what we are trying to achieve. To stop illegal immigration and promote LEGAL immigration. Controlled immigration. Can't just let anyone in who wants to walk through our front door ya know!

I servered so that kind of defaults me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Isn't US pretty much the definition of multiculturalism? How is it working for you?
    seems to be working slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    No multiculturalism is a European thing. America is a melting pot. In other words, we're a mishmash of different cultures. Ontop of that we expect immigrants to adapt and assimilate into our way of life. Europe on the other hand believes that cultures should be kept separate/segregated. That all cultures and groups of people should not assimilate and should instead build their own niches, and keep other people from other cultures out.
    What?.... So much stupid.

Multiculturalism simply means respect for diversity within a unitary state or nation.

You know how people in the US celebrate Cinco de Mayo or Day of the Dead? That's multiculturalism. Or how Mardi Gras is celebrated in New Orleans? Or how folk in Louisiana love their Gumbo? That's multiculturalism. Saint Patrick's? Etc.

The thing is, you literally have no idea what multiculturalism is, so you can't even recognize it when it stares you right in the face.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Jesus: Yes
    I'm sure he'd prefer we'd live for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Oh yes, the "holiday" used by the millions of Americans as an excuse to just party and get drunk or to promote businesses and sales with the great "Memorial Day weekend sales" Yeah, this country really knows how to honor the fallen soldiers.
    Can you really blame anyone when its one of the few holidays that people who work for a living get during the year?

And I would wager that a large majority of "partying and getting drunk" are kids in college or not working adults because responsible working adults don't get wasted and drunk when they know they have to go into work the next day.

Also to your point about us knowing how to honor our fallen soldiers, there are tons of events and opportunities during the day that people take to honor them. The graveyards are filled with people paying their respects during the holiday. So please, until you know actual facts instead of just stereotypes of "them mericans", maybe then you have room to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    Define, "die for my country?" If you mean die in any given random military engagement our dumb-fuck leaders come up with, no, thanks. If you mean die defending my home from a land invasion of a hostile force that seeks to kill us all, sure, seems reasonable, although completely imaginary. But even then I'd be dying for family, not country. If I had no loved ones to defend, I'd just fuck off and leave. If everyone I cared about could fuck off and leave, nothing left to defend. Peace out. Also, if the invading force isn't looking to commit genocide, then whatever. Only nerds care about "country."
    Pretty much what this guy said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Much respect to you sir. Enjoy your Memorial Day Holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Same, but I always thought the point of serving wasn't really to die for my country, but to make others die for theirs.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    There are European nations that are either inherently multicultural and multi-ethnic (Switzerland, Belgium, Spain) or have implemented multicultural integration exponentially better than others (like Spain).

Really Spain is an example to follow in Europe when it comes to both integration and tolerance. But that has a lot to do with how the country mostly rejected nationalism after 50 years of fascist rule. Democratic Spain was recreated as a multi-national "federal" (tho officially it is a monarchy) state where Spanish nationalism was and continues being frowned upon.

Add to this waves of immigration from South America and Eastern Europe, it really allowed them to be successful when it came to becoming a melting pot. To a point they became too successful, the emergence of Catalonian indepentism is a byproduct of decades of local identity building combined with historical resentment against the former nationalist rule.

Tho oddly while Catalan independence movements are anti-Spain, they are very much in favor of multiculturalism and the EU.

The reality is that while a lot of European nations "officially" embraced multiculturalism, in reality it was just an excuse to not having to deal with their immigrant communities and not having to bother with integration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    How?

All that gang violence and people shooting each other? Different ethnicities having their own ghettos?

With all that gang violence there are two possible major culprits; guns or multiculturalism. Take your pick.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Bullshit.

China Town. Little Italy, Greek town, Irish quarters, Jewish areas of cities. These are the same kind of immigration things that happened in America that people bitch about certain groups doing in europe. They were not some fanciful tourist attraction that certain immigrants made up. These were enclaves of home the immigrants made to keep their own cultures. Which can be seen even today in major cities. It wasn't assimilation it was and still is multiculturalism.

If I could carry one of these nukes with a dead man's switch.

If I thought friends, family or the Constitution was in danger, I would put my life on the line. Everyone else around here would too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland