Poll: What do you do regarding offensive/rude people in game?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Go ahead and report them. As a matter of fact I hope you report them over and over until they get banned, you're just making the playbase smaller and smaller then some of you will be making post complaining about how the playbase keeps shrinking.
    Rather have a smaller, nicer playerbase over a large playerbase full of dicks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I ignore them unless I'm cranky or impatient that day, then I report.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Wouldn't play with those people anyway so there's no reason to keep them around. I report them.
    You likely play with those type of people everytime you do any type of LFD,LFR LFBG. They just don't have a reason / don't feel like being "rude" due to the nature of queuing.

No. Unless it's genuine threats of violence I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they crossed a threshold I'd report them, but to some extent I think people need thicker skins.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That smaller player base is gonna do you real good in your LFR queues bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    You likely play with those type of people everytime you do any type of LFD,LFR LFBG. They just don't have a reason / don't feel like being "rude" due to the nature of queuing.
    Doesn't matter. If I see them being offensive I report them. If they're rude enough I'll initiate a kick.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I mostly just ignore assholes. Those types usually get what they deserve anyway.

Rarely have I felt the need to.
    One particular case though was a player using effectively the same character name with an easily missed difference, with the plan to be rude and presenting themselves as me in unpleasant behaviour.
    That was the only time I have specifically seen the consequences of my report, as I from recollection (a few years ago) it was acted upon in less than 10 minutes.
    No idea as to the severity or duration, but I saw no repetition of it.

I will report if necessary, but perhaps the realm I am on just has not attracted the worst of them as much as some do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A view I have voiced regularly.
    People that upset with the game should put their money where their mouth is, and leave.
    Someone who does not want to be there only drags down the experience of others.
    Whatever your views, other players do not deserve that.
    A community of players who care about what they do is one I can engage with better, even with fewer people.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-26 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Depends on what they really,

If a guy turns around is just the usual toxic I either ignore or or whoop his pixulated arse with a smart arse come back
    If a guy says something about my mother, I generally go "ew, you should get your gent seen to, god knows what you've picked up, shes been 6 foot under for over 2 years"

I draw the line at religion bashing or racism, at that point I report people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Doesn't matter. If I see them being offensive I report them. If they're rude enough I'll initiate a kick.
    My point is why we need the offensive/rude players around. Their presence affects most player gaming experience in a positive way.

I do a bit of trolling, and I find it highly amusing when someone gets really pissed off, and starts swearing at me, going off, insulting me, using crazy language, and then after saying "I'm reporting you"

You get that Blizzard looks at both sides of the conversation right? So they can see me not swearing, not going off, not insulting you, but that I was trolling, then you actually breaking rules, it just doesn't make sense. Going to get yourself silenced lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have previously mentioned, it depends on the circumstances. If it's a one-off thing, I can just quickly report for spamming so that I no longer see their chat for the rest of the session. If it's an on-going problem (like the one time in MoP where I had a fellow player on my realm harassing me), I take further action.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I only report people who use the n-bomb. I never ignore. If I ignore, then I can't see anything to report.

My point is why we need the offensive/rude players around. Their presence affects most player gaming experience in a positive way.
    Proof of that...?

You should do all of these. First of all, report them. Then call them out for being offensive, especially if they're being really blatantly racist or sexist, it helps if other people do it along with you, peer pressure is strong. Then ignore them.

The whole idea to just "ignore the troll" is stupid and does NOT work. That only works on children if you are their parent. It does not work on adults being terrible, ignoring them just tells them there is no consequences for their actions.

Here is a great article to read about why it does not work:
    https://the-orbit.net/almostdiamonds...s-bad-science/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Proof of that...?
    Do you use the LFD tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    You should do all of these. First of all, report them. Then call them out for being offensive, especially if they're being really blatantly racist or sexist, it helps if other people do it along with you, peer pressure is strong. Then ignore them.

The whole idea to just "ignore the troll" is stupid and does NOT work. That only works on children if you are their parent. It does not work on adults being terrible, ignoring them just tells them there is no consequences for their actions.

Here is a great article to read about why it does not work:
    https://the-orbit.net/almostdiamonds...s-bad-science/
    When people say ignore it, it's moreso about the whole, don't get sensitive about it, emotionally ignore it. If someone is being a troll don't get upset, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    When people say ignore it, it's moreso about the whole, don't get sensitive about it, emotionally ignore it. If someone is being a troll don't get upset, get over it.
    You can't just tell people to not get upset over something, emotions don't work like that. If someone does something that is very offensive and deeply upsets you, there's not much you can do to stop that, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have no idea why people in this game are so weird about human beings having emotions, like, it happens. The best thing you can do is to report them and take a break to calm down. But DO NOT ignore them, call them out on their terrible behavior and let them know it is NOT acceptable and something you do not want to see in this game. It's the only way to stop that kind of behavior from being rampant within the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    You can't just tell people to not get upset over something, emotions don't work like that. If someone does something that is very offensive and deeply upsets you, there's not much you can do to stop that, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have no idea why people in this game are so weird about human beings having emotions, like, it happens. The best thing you can do is to report them and take a break to calm down. But DO NOT ignore them, call them out on their terrible behavior and let them know it is NOT acceptable and something you do not want to see in this game. It's the only way to stop that kind of behavior from being rampant within the community.
    Emotions DO work like that if the person on the other end listens. You choose not to get offended by the stranger on the internet, it isn't a personal attack because they do not personally know you.

Calling trolls out on their behaviour? That will literally make them laugh at you and troll you more.

It really is just CHOOSING to ignore them, and making the CHOICE not to be offended by it, and having the realisation they do not know you, they are a stranger on the internet and you shouldn't give strangers on the internet, that much power over you.